1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Post your backpack's pics and suggest me something

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by PreparedG3, Sep 5, 2014.

1. PreparedG3

PreparedG3 Loaded Pockets

Hi, i would to search my first edc backpack, not much money (not 5.11 or something else for the moment)
    i want it without lombar (or retractable)
    waterproof or with a rainy cover
    and confortable
    maybe tacticool :D

2. alecgold

alecgold Loaded Pockets

Perhaps it's a good idea to post a budget and a size/cubic inches that you would want. Or an exhaustive list of what it will contain and/or what activities you would want to use it for?

PreparedG3 likes this.
  3. PreparedG3

yes, thanks. I don't know about the size but compact (20-25? i dunno) to carry in city, travel 1 day out
    keys
    condor pocket (like maxpd)
    smartphone kit (in a hard drive box)
    some snack
    rainproof jacket
    water
    little med kit
    maybe travel pillow
    umbrella

4. Katjang1

Katjang1 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Untitled by Katjang001, on Flickr

The Maxp. Condor II and the Falcon II. Both just great packs.

wildborego, Ile, Pete3 and 5 others like this.
  5. Bander124

Bander124 Loaded Pockets

My brother used a field line tatical brand at walmart not bad def maxpedition and 5.11 clones they are cheep I use a mystery ranch asap for work and a tohm bihn synaps 19 for every thing else . I'll post a pic later.

The backyard

Pete3 and PreparedG3 like this.
  6. medicevans

medicevans Loaded Pockets

The OP is in Italy. Might be hard to suggest things only available in the U.S. like Walmart. But, mauve they would ship something? Takes an inexpensive bag and makes it expensive though. :(

PreparedG3 likes this.
  7. PreparedG3

Thanks, i like The maxped gears but they are expensive like 5.11
    And in Italy we don't have shop like walmart
    I'll must to buy online
    I don't need molle or something like, yes i prefer tacticool but don't need

Pete3 likes this.
  8. Ile

Ile Loaded Pockets

Check Condor and Defcon 5 ,Defcon might be easy to find,thats Italian brand.

9. PreparedG3

yes i see defcon 5, i see easy and tactical, guys do u think that these models are ok for what i need?
    i can put the link?

10. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

me personally i had the condor II, EXCELLENT pack in fact i sold it because it was kind of large and overbuilt for my needs and i felt like it was too much but by far the most durable and comfortable backpack i have ever owned. for now i have the MSM adapt, also an excellent pack much smaller and fitted but great fuctionality

11. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Post removed. The Defcon 5 bag listed in the post below is the bag to get if you can afford it. Great looking bag that is less than 25% the cost of Maxpedition Falcon II. Props to @lle for calling out this brand of bags.

Last edited by FL Woods Bum, Sep 6, 2014
    Ile likes this.
  12. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Looking at the Defcon 5 gear, this one looks like the bag to get given your requirements... although it's listed at 35L of capacity. BTW, a nice bag with 1000D, YKK Zippers, and decent buckles. Should be well made if they have any idea how to sew since the materials are great.

Totally didn't know before just now that there is a separate Amazon Italy site! LOL.. To there and search for this ASIN for his bag: B00LNNPQY8

[​IMG]

Ile, PreparedG3 and Pete3 like this.
  13. Katjang1

Katjang1 Loaded Pockets

Check out Voodoo tactical or Karrimor SF. They might have some interesting packs an bags.

14. PreparedG3

Thanks, I have some doubt for waterproof, have waterproof zippers but not water repellent coat
    Have u see also easy pack model?
    Kat i will see them

FL Woods Bum likes this.
  15. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

1000D Cordura is very water resistant. My 1000D Cordura bag survived 2 hours of torrential downpour without a drop inside. You are not going to find anything more water resistant than 1000D in today's bags (that I know of) and if you do, it's not going to be in either of our price ranges most likely. You can also add a rain cover (which I also carry for my bigger bags) if you really want that added protection. They are inexpensive.

I did see the Easy Pack as well, looks very nice, it's 40L though, not sure how much size is an issue for you.

PreparedG3 likes this.
  16. alecgold

alecgold Loaded Pockets

Only way to get complete (IP67) water-resistant is to get an ortlieb backpack, but they have a lot of significant other downsides. Price, ergonomics, durability, not-so-handy-roll-top are just some things that spring to mind.
    Besides Ortliebs (and look-a-likes) no packs are really water proof so if you're going to cross a river swimming get waterproof roll top bags and pack everything inside when you need to cross. The biggest they have is 120L so that should fit everything including the kitchen sink.
    If it's just rain you're worried about, get a bin-liner inside your pack and stow a few more binliners just in case you damage it.

PreparedG3 likes this.
  17. Ile

Ile Loaded Pockets

Defcon 5 Tactical Bagpack is on my "must get soon list" ,looking definetly good to me.I found only one better rewiew from Youtube ,in france language so didnt understand a word:frantic: but been reading specks around web and I believe it really is worth of money.

FL Woods Bum and PreparedG3 like this.
  18. PreparedG3

looking to it, ill go to Rome somedays i hope to find it and easy pack to watch it and choose
    in according to you is ok for my gear?
    keys
    condor pocket (like maxped)
    smartphone kit (in a hard drive box)
    some snack
    rainproof jacket
    water
    little med kit
    travel pillow
    pocket umbrellamaybe some other stuff

edit: i had the doubt about water resistent, because in an other model they use water repelling coat

Ile and FL Woods Bum like this.
  19. alecgold

alecgold Loaded Pockets

You pack just a few things and little weight so almost any bag will be good to go. Reading what you pack and plan to do, it will be around 5-6kg and the lighter the pack, the less weight you add . So pack a heavy military molls covered pack and you add 2,5kg or try use a light pack and you'll add 0,8-1,2 kg.
    if you use a poncho (silnylon or plastic throw a way) and the waterproofness is no issue at all for any kind of rain

If I look at my uses I pack 16kgs and either schlep it around house/work and in and out of the car (weight is hardly an issue) or I carry it for long days & walks around the countryside (weight can be compensated by a good carry/suspension system) and I wanted something to last me the next 15 years, so I chose a heavy military kifaru pack.

PreparedG3 likes this.
  20. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

I look forward to your thoughts on the Easy Pack, I like the look of that bag. Might have to purchase one of those for myself to replace my Rush 24 I got rid of.

As to a "water repelling coat", it could be a few things..

- Rubber Lining, you see this in cheaper packs normally to make up for the lack of water resistance in the cheaper materials they use.
    - It could be one of the standard tent/gear water proofing sprays they use (these normally wear off of time).
    - Or... it could just be a marketing ploy, as 1000D doesn't usually call for anything additional in my experience.

With that said, I carry one of the rain covers in the pic below for my bags and it works well. I am still looking for one to fit my TT Removable Operator as the shape does not lend itself to this particular rain cover.

Vktech Waterproof Rainproof Cover - You can find it on Amazon dot Com under ASIN: B00DYI5NMU

[​IMG]

Here it is folded up to show you how little room it takes up in a bag.

[​IMG]

It does look like Defcon 5 sells a Rain Cover for their bags. It seems a little expensive to me though.. on Amazon Italy, look up ASIN: B00M9CVLSW

If you look around, I am sure you can find one cheaper, like the one sold in the U.S. that I am using. To me, it's not really needed as 1000D is good enough, but I sometimes ride my motorcycle in the rain with my bags and I like that added layer of protection.

Good luck! When you go look at the bags in Rome, take some pictures for me too! Talk soon.

PreparedG3 likes this.