1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

    Please visit following page for more information

    Dismiss Notice

Post repeats on "server not responding"

Discussion in 'Forum Functionality Issues' started by ShadowE, Feb 25, 2013.

  1. ShadowE

    ShadowE Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2012
    Messages:
    1,387
    Likes Received:
    1,540
    So does anyone know why it does this?

    ;) ;)

    Seriously I thought it was just my crappy phone service but I notice it happening more and more lately with lots of people :(

    Sent from my Mobile Command Center via Tapatalk II
     
    low_down likes this.
  2. ItsHardToKnow

    ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2013
    Messages:
    1,875
    Likes Received:
    1,812
    I, too, have gotten that message on my computer the past two days
     
  3. EndlessFields
    • The Omnia Paratus

    EndlessFields Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2010
    Messages:
    406
    Likes Received:
    361
    Just had this via Tapatalk, posted four times before I knew what had gone wrong.
     
  4. kd7dvd
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • The Omnia Paratus

    kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2011
    Messages:
    2,363
    Likes Received:
    6,924
    What's "not responding" is the refresh you get after you post. Almost always the post has gotten in fine.

    PROCEDURE -- When you get a "server not responding":
    • Copy to clipboard all of your text that you were posting
    • Hit refresh
    • 99% of the time you'll see your post. The other 1% is what you copied your text for. Just paste it back in and try again.
     
  5. Kripto

    Kripto Evil Sid

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2008
    Messages:
    3,011
    Likes Received:
    7,864
    Yes, sometimes the DB doesn't respond to the app software fast enough and you get a server not responding error. This is a known issue.

    If you get the error, as kd7dvd so wisely said, just copy your post and reload.. Chances are, your post made it just fine.

    Please be patient. We're working on tuning the server to better respond, but the hosting company can be slow.
     
  6. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

    JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2006
    Messages:
    21,157
    Likes Received:
    12,073
    The server issue is being looked at.

    Later in the week we might be down for a few hours if we require a more potent server.
     
  7. SurvivePenna
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • The Omnia Paratus

    SurvivePenna EDC Junkie!!!!!

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2012
    Messages:
    3,389
    Likes Received:
    34,884
    Please let us know...cuz you know us when EDCF is down : :frantic::eek::cry::frantic::help::frantic::cry::frantic:
     
    low_down likes this.
  8. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

    JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2006
    Messages:
    21,157
    Likes Received:
    12,073
    I know, the phone will start ringing and the emails will start arriving.

    I will put out a mass alert but that only helps some. :D

    I am doing a really bad job of catching up. :p

    *POOF*
     
    SurvivePenna likes this.
  9. ShadowE

    ShadowE Loaded Pockets

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2012
    Messages:
    1,387
    Likes Received:
    1,540
    ach! Someone deleted my first and second post which entirely defeats the theorycraft of this thread

    whatevs :eek:

    Sent from my Mobile Command Center via Tapatalk II
     
  10. Knightrock
    • The Omnia Paratus

    Knightrock EDC Junkie!!!!!

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2009
    Messages:
    1,015
    Likes Received:
    1,749
    Wired, I can access edcforum via 3G on my Ipad but not Wifi.

    Any ideas?

    Is the forum down and 3G just pulling up older stuff?
     
  11. Knightrock
    • The Omnia Paratus

    Knightrock EDC Junkie!!!!!

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2009
    Messages:
    1,015
    Likes Received:
    1,749
    Cleared cache and cookies and that fixed it.