1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Portable Diphenhydramine for FAK

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by kevinstan, Jan 19, 2014.

1. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

They have injectable diphenhydramine as well. If you have a good doctor, you might be able to get a RX for a couple small bottles and small syringes as well. Especially if you spend time out in the woods, etc.

2. iangineer

iangineer Loaded Pockets

Don't know anything about the brand, but UrgentRx makes "fast powders" for lots of common ailments. Head ache, heart burn, allergy (which is diphenhydramine), ache and pain, upset stomach, and aspirin. Supposedly you can find them in all the big box stores like Target and at CVS, Walgreens, etc. Amazon's got them, too. Which is how I stumbled across it. I've never seen the Benadryl strips before and was hoping to buy some online since it sounds like the perfect answer to the original post.

3. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Loaded Pockets

Intravenous?
    Epi-Pen site forbids IV use in the first phrase... and even so, how could one do that with the autoinjector?

4. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Poor semantics. Intravenous is an injection into a vein. I jabbed it into my outer thigh and it presumably absorbed into the muscle (?). I'm not sure of the terminology...

5. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

I have been looking for bottles to fill with the Hot Sauce I use for my meal kit since I am not a big Tabasco fan. With that said, I ordered from Amazon the bottles below and I have seen good reviews on them for not leaking. They are 5cc, not sure how much your children weigh, but figured it's close to the 1 teaspoon (4.92 cc) dosage range. I am going to fill mine up with a small syringe, you could do the same with Benadryl for the kids.

I am of course using the bottle shape, but the fish shapes (and others) could be good when you need to make it a fun affair.

[​IMG]

These are also small fillable soy sauce bottles I found that may also work for you. Again, not tacticool, but kid friendly. Again, on Amazon.

[​IMG]

There are plenty of containers like this out there for inexpensive that you could fill with a specific dose and reuse.

Another option (my daughter had issues swalling pills up into her teens), is to get a pill crusher. I used to keep her pills in powder form, not so tasty, but it's better than nothing. Worst case, keep a pill crusher in your FAK or Bag so you can make do if you need to.

6. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Loaded Pockets

In my experience as child and then father, two spoons make an expedient pill crusher! And I see you found sauce bottles ;)

FL Woods Bum likes this.
  7. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

I was hoping you would see that post! LOL. I did find some bottles. I am working on updating my mealtime EDC, it will make you proud!

And I have done the two spoons trick before as well. I did find that a $2 pill crusher was much easier though and you can get them small enough. LOL.

8. pduds

pduds Loaded Pockets

A doctor told me that the Benadryl liquigels work well sunlingually for allergic reactions. I didn't find any allergy products marketed in liquid here in Canada (at least in the pharmacies I checked) but there are name-brand and generic sleep aids that use diphenhydramine in both 25 and 50mg. pop open a softgel and hold it under the tongue is what the doc told me to do.

on a side note the dose of Benadryl in dogs is much higher than in people. look up the mg/kg dosing but it is shockingly high-- I was surprised. might be good knowledge for the dog lovers out there

FL Woods Bum likes this.