1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Portable Bluetooth speakers

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by microbe, May 10, 2014.

1. microbe

microbe EDC Junkie!!!!!

I picked up a portable Bluetooth speaker today. From the large available selection , I picked a model that besides playing music, can be used to charge up a mobile. It weighs in at 500Gr and measures 172 x 60 x 54 mm; 6-3/4” x 2-3/8” x 2-1/8”, so it can be packed with ease to go to the park, or the pool/beach (IPX-4). At that weight, I doubt it is something I will carry all the time. But when I want some music that can be enjoyed by more then just me with a headset, this one will be in the bag. Any one else owns a portable bluetooth speaker? And which ones?

NX-P100:
    [​IMG]

WenV and tdb like this.
  2. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

My GF snagged me one from amazon on Black Friday. It's a jawbone jambox clone, and I think it was only about $30 or so. I use it almost daily as I tend to put on a podcast when I'm heading to bed to help "wind down" at the end of the day. Sounds pretty good for its size, and does a decent job of filling a medium sized bedroom with sound. No extra bells and whistles like charging/water resistance or anything like that, but I really like it.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Treetrunk and microbe like this.
  3. tdb

tdb Loaded Pockets

I use a Jabra Solemate at work sometimes. Pumps out a surprising amount of sound for such a small package. My sister gave it to me for christmas, otherwise I don't know if I would have bought one for myself. I love it now that I have it, but not really a must buy item for me.

Enjoy your speaker!

microbe likes this.
  4. microbe

microbe EDC Junkie!!!!!

I looked at the mini version of that one, it sounded great for it's size, and would have been a lot more portable. :)

5. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

This might be the "mini" one. It's about 6.5" wide. Pretty small.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

6. CatfishTX

CatfishTX Loaded Pockets

I have used one for a while. I have the monster clarion. I don't use mine ofen, but always. pack it for road trips, etc. Also have a Pyle that is waterproof and charges, but it doesn't sound as good. They are studies Thani thought they would be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. bud760
    • In Omnia Paratus

bud760 Loaded Pockets

I have a pyle too and its really heavy. Saw a braven at office depot today and it sounds great for its size

8. Dafabricata

Dafabricata Loaded Pockets

Picked up a JBL Charge and also a JBL Micro Wireless.
    The Charge sounds remarkably nice and also allows for charging. It came with a nice neoprene zip sack for storage.
    The Micro is small and lightweight and actually was just used it on a bike ride to grocery shop a few hours ago.
    Both use the same drivers but the Charge sounds better and is also larger and more expensive.
    So far I like both of them for their intended uses. The Micro be used for shorter and lighter outings while the charge will go on longer excursions in the event I need to charge my phone. Both have came in handy while doing yardwork and relaxing in the hammock.
    The Charge is supposed to have 12 hours of battery life and has 3 blue lights as a battery level indicator, while the Micro is rated at 5 hours of runtime.

figuy and microbe like this.
  9. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

Beats Pill in red. Editor bought it for me to use at speeches. Love it when I'm sewing and don't want headphone cords getting in my way.

Sent by Owl Post

10. djren12

djren12 Loaded Pockets

I'm rocking on the job with the Bose Soundlink III, 14 hrs on re-chargable battery and great sound!

[​IMG]

microbe likes this.
  11. microbe

microbe EDC Junkie!!!!!

I checked that one (very nice - but pricey), and the mini model out to, but they don't come in black...

12. microbe

microbe EDC Junkie!!!!!

Just out of curiosity, as you have 2, is it possible connect to the both of them at the same time?

13. Hunter Nelson

Hunter Nelson Loaded Pockets

I have a mini jambox, oh how I wish I could change electronics from it! Love it though...

14. Americanozzy

Americanozzy Loaded Pockets

I just picked up a jbl flip from a local store. Puts out a good sound and doesn't take up much room in my carry on bag.

CatsTide likes this.
  15. CatsTide

CatsTide Loaded Pockets

That's what I have. I listened to all the $100 price range models and it had the best sound.

16. Americanozzy

I thought about about getting a charge or flip 2 but the prices jumped dramatically after the flip. Very happy with flip though great little unit.

17. CatsTide

CatsTide Loaded Pockets

:eek: Flip 2??? You should have never said that.

18. CatsTide

CatsTide Loaded Pockets

Same price. Looks identical. What's the difference?

19. Americanozzy

LOL

20. Americanozzy

I didn't see much difference. Still had same 5 hour play time. The flip was $98 and the flip 2 was $168. That's down here in Australia, I'm sure the pricing will be much different in the US. But I was leaving on trip next day so didn't have time to buy online