1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

POLL: The most popular branch of the Uniformed Service among members?

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Guarddog, Dec 29, 2008.

?

Have you served in the Uniformed Service (Military)? If so what branch?

1. Army (or equivalent)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Marine Corps (or equivalent)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Navy (or equivalent)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Air Force (or equivalent)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Coast Guard (or equivalent)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I have never served

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolemodel4

Rolemodel4 Empty Pockets

I served in the U.S. Navy from 1957 - 1960 primarily aboard a diesel-electric submarine. Of course those were the days of iron men and wooden ships!

2. gatorfan

gatorfan Loaded Pockets

Nuke Machinist Mate on the USS Kamehameha SSBN642 when Jimmy Carter was my CIC. Boy times were tuff... :rolleyes:

3. GIBBS

GIBBS Loaded Pockets

Serving Marine here, 2 years into a 5 year contract, not sure if I'll stay in. 0311 infantry and 8152 security forces, almost done with the latter so i'll finally get my FMF time in.

4. parawolfe

parawolfe Empty Pockets

I served in the US Army from 1985 - 1993, about 8 and a half years. I was a 31C, a Single Channel Radio Operator. Which is a nice title for an RTO. I served in 3 units, excluding training units like Basic Training, AIT, schools, etc. My first duty assignment was in Germany during the Cold War. I served with 3rd Armor Division and spent many weeks in and around the Fulda area and Grafenwohr.

My last two assignments were Airborne. The first was with a joint Special Ops unit in Florida. All four branches in one unit, like one big happy family :laugh: We spent a lot of time TDY to various countries in the Middle East way before, during and after Operations Desert Shield/Storm. Also many TDY's to other branches Bases. It was a great experience serving with all four branches.

My last assignment was also an Airborne assignment back in Germany for my second tour there. Several months after Desert Storm ended Bush #41 started to seriously cut the US Military. They were offering pay outs and all kinds of other incentives to voluntarily leave. I wasn't in any trouble and could have stayed in but by then I was married and my wife didn't enjoy being left for long periods of time by herself in a foreign country. So with a year left on my 3 year tour and a couple years on my Enlistment I took an early out. I figured 8 and a half was enough.

I'm still happily married to the same girl so I figured I made the right decision. I still have a couple friends that are in. Both of which are Command SGM's, one Army and one Marine. That is one of the great benefits of Military service, the making of life long friendships.

Parawolfe ALL THE WAY.........................AIRBORNE :woohoo:

5. TimR

TimR Empty Pockets

Well I did'nt have much choice about which branch of the service I went into. I scored to high on the IQ test to get into the Army, could not trace my family tree back to the Mayflower so that kept me out of the Air Force, both my parents were married so that kept me out of the Marines,Which only left the Navy. Since the Navy only has two types of ships targets and ones designed to sink the Seabees were the only real choice. 5yrs in NMCB 62 out of Gulfport Miss. as a CE Construction Electrician

6. mpi

mpi Loaded Pockets

1980 to 1988, Army MPI. Dix, Meade and McClellan. Sincerely wish i was still in!

7. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

Welcome to EDCF, TimR! :highfive:

One of my great-uncles was a Seabee, and his sons are both Navy men; one's a SEAL (and a newly-commissioned officer), and the other is a rescue swimmer. Quite a few of my paternal relatives have served in the Navy, now that I think of it. Must be something in our blood...

8. TimR

TimR Empty Pockets

Thanks a lot Lugsalot.

To DSC yes I am a jerk and if you read all the way through my post you would have seen that i also flamed the Air force,and the Marines and two other parts of the Navy ,Fleet and subs.Actually I have nothing but respect for all Men and Women who have served in all branches and I sure that anyone who is in the Army would have taken my post in the manner it was intended and would have just burned me back instead of whining about what I have against the Army.

:censored: first post and already in a fight think I can be banned by my fifth. :evilgrin:

9. DSC

DSC Banned

Yeah, whatever. I think it was in very poor taste coming on here and insulting every branch of the service (including most of your own, even) on your very first post. I took your post as a troll since it was your first one and you came out with that chip on your shoulder like that.

I don't have anything polite to say to you right now, so...

10. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

All right, everybody just cool it.

If we all can't engage in a little light-hearted, good-natured chop-busting without people getting steamed up over it, then it's time we just cut it out all together.

I will say this: sometimes it's downright hard to type a message that can't be misinterpreted by someone reading it. Sometimes it's hard to crack wise without someone getting upset because it sounded more serious than it was meant to be taken. Sometimes it's easy to get offended, and sometimes it's just too tempting to post something that runs the risk of getting someone's undergarments in a twist.

So we're all just going to cut it out. No more cokin' and jokin' in this thread. Anecdotes, quotes, inspirational experiences and good, wholesome war stories are the order of the day now, but that's it. It's not worth people getting upset.

I've said it before that we've got more in common than not, so let's act like it. Let's try to get along and enjoy ourselves, huh?

Water under the bridge. Let's move on.

:mm:

11. Nex~gen

Nex~gen Empty Pockets

I think it was pretty funny.

Semper Fi

12. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Okay, this thread is done.

:peg2: