1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Poll: How many of you carry traditional pocket knives?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by CanvasNBrass, Mar 1, 2012.

?

How many of you carry traditional pocket knives?

1. Daily.

84 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Never.

50 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. Sometimes.

80 vote(s)
    37.4%
  1. DTM_Oskar

DTM_Oskar Loaded Pockets

I do sometimes, usually a buck stockman when I carry a larger knife like my RAT-1

2. nicknack171

nicknack171 Loaded Pockets

I dont know how much of a stretch this is but my "traditional pocket knife" is a victorinox cadet. I carry it every day in addition to my OHO knife (today is the sage 1). I find that the SAK is very non threatening to people and no one seems to mind it. Being a 16yr old teenage boy im already having to fight the stereotype of being a bad kid and pulling out the sage often seems excessive to me. this is where the SAK really shines for me even when its "performance" isnt at good as a S30v monster. just my 2 cents

3. bladeblabber

bladeblabber Loaded Pockets

I've been carrying this case pen knife as my only edc knife for the last 3 or 4 months. It hasnt let me down yet and does most daily chores just as good if not better then my "modern" knives.

[​IMG]

4. popedandy

popedandy Loaded Pockets

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. It depends on what appeals to me on any given day. When I'm at work I tend to carry a traditional because we have a blade length limit and the shorter modern knives don't appeal to me. When I'm off work it varies. I really enjoy well-made traditionals, but I also really enjoy well-made modern designs.

I don't like to call modern designs "tactical". They are just good, functional designs, few of which will ever be used in a military combat scenario, which is my definition of tactical. Cutting open a pack of twinkies with a Strider while playing video games definitely does not qualify :)

5. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

For those of you saying maybe on your Vics/SAKS; STOP IT!
    The Vic swiss army knife has been around since the 1800s(even including the can operner and a few other tools!), is a 'slip joint' and infinately traditional.

I carry a Case Peanut 24/7. Have for about 4.5 years that i can remember. Off and on before that. Sometimes I have another knife with it, usually a bigger traditional, mostly slipjoints. Sometimes my favorite large patern, the moose, sometimes a trapper, some a congress, or large folding hunter(the reason for my getting my firs trapper was my dads Schrage folding hunter. I later got a custom one made that i carry, and I now own the one that was Dads, and carry it some too.) I even have a Buck 110, and an old Kabar lockback that i use at times.

But always the peanut. Its just plain perfect.

I never carried a modern one hander, they don't appeal to me. My first knifewas acheap SAK, then i went tofixedblades for a few years. when I came back to folders it was Vic SAKS, then Case.The closest i get to tacticool one hander is a folding razor knife i use for work, and its a lockback, a nice solid mechanism, that i open with two hands anyway... I consider it an update to the buck 110 in a lot of ways. A solid working knife.

G.

6. E.D.C. Fool

E.D.C. Fool Empty Pockets

Yep, typically left front for those moments when a tactical folder may offend some person with more emotions than common sense. It's also a nice piece of tradition and I like occassionally using what my grandfathers used.

7. Nickortizzle1035

Nickortizzle1035 Loaded Pockets

i only have 3 traditionals. i maybe carry them for a total of about 1 week a year.

8. nmpops

nmpops Loaded Pockets

I carry nothing but traditional slipjoints. Usually a Case large Stockman

Sent from my Ally

9. tomsk
    • In Omnia Paratus

tomsk Loaded Pockets

Nearly 60 years old and 40 years of edc by my dad and now me still going strong
    [​IMG]

pacman, jacknife and sveqs like this.
  10. Ludwell01

Ludwell01 Loaded Pockets

I find myself carrying more and more traditional knives as modern non locking knives are in short supply and those that don't lock tend to be not my thing. (oh for the ability to EDC a lock-knife in the UK.

11. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

Due to the fact that i live in a contry where 98% of all knifes are illigal to own and carry, i am kinda forced to select my edc fom a very small amount of options, mainly traditional pocket knifes.. I stoped beeing angry about it a while ago, and have now started to appreciate the qualities of older style knifes.. I personally carry a SAK pioneer right now, which i find very elegant and fit for the job

12. GADGET982

GADGET982 Loaded Pockets

I carry a Vic Farmer everywhere I go except for the airport.

13. pl4stic

pl4stic Loaded Pockets

Sometimes, more often than I used to. Vic Cadet and Climber.

14. gstojinovic

gstojinovic Loaded Pockets

Case Canoe

[​IMG]

Soappeddler likes this.
  15. gmgalmeida

gmgalmeida Loaded Pockets

I have and use some tradictional Portuguese folders when me and friends join togheter arroud the table for some cheese, linguiça and beer, our wine if prefered :)

Gonçalo Almeida

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

gstojinovic likes this.
  16. gstojinovic

gstojinovic Loaded Pockets

Pics...

17. gmgalmeida

gmgalmeida Loaded Pockets

soon i will take some :)

18. BlueSky

BlueSky Loaded Pockets

Every day, and pretty much all I use these days. Nothing against the modern one-hander frame/linerlocks etc., I just find the endless variations of patterns and materials of traditional slip joints to be much more appealing.

19. ATF

ATF Loaded Pockets

About 50% of the time I'll have a Case or my Imperial Barlow as my main carry knife, as opposed to a CRK, BM, Kershaw, etc.

20. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

An Opinel #6 sees some time in my pocket. It's about as traditional as you can get.
    A SAK Hiker is another that will see some pocket time.

Both are effective little cutters, easy to open, easy to use. I have plenty of modern or tactical folders to use. Anything that will cut will see pocket time.