1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Poll - Best keychain MultiTool

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by O_G, Aug 9, 2014.

?

What multitool for keychain do you prefer? + My review of

1. Leatherman Squirt PS4

48 vote(s)
    41.4%
  2. Victorinox Rambler/Manager

29 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Other

39 vote(s)
    33.6%
  1. kiloromeo96

kiloromeo96 Loaded Pockets

other as in my micra, love it, combined with my kick has everything i need besides a file and saw
    #timeforandupgrade

2. Ibrahim Sarp Dogan

Ibrahim Sarp Dogan Loaded Pockets

manager must be compared with squirt s4.

MrOG likes this.
  3. comis

comis Loaded Pockets

I voted LM PS4, Rambler/Manager are more pocketable but the tools are no where as nice to use as PS4.

4. Enemy Combatant

Enemy Combatant Loaded Pockets

I received a Gerber Dime as a birthday gift recently. It's amazing.

WichitaJLJ likes this.
  5. Dr. Bahn

Dr. Bahn Loaded Pockets

My favorite and most carried keychain multitools are the Victorinox Alox Minichamp and Wenger Evolution 88. I also own a LM P4 and S4 and while they are decent tools I really don´t like the chisel grind of their blades.

MrOG likes this.
  6. gene stoner

gene stoner Loaded Pockets

For me it's the Wenger pocket tool chest. It has the tools I use the most for that size of tool ( the micro sd is a must if you wear glasses).

Sriracha likes this.
  7. Wojo

Wojo Loaded Pockets

I love the design of the Leatherman PS4 over the SAK but I have gone through a broken plier jaw and a 3 broken scissor springs between two Leatherman keychain tools within a 5 year timeframe. Thats a lot of broken stuff for me. I would easily pay an extra few dollars for higher quality steel, unless it's already top grade stuff.

8. djst

djst Empty Pockets

I definitely think the weight difference cannot be underestimated. At half the weight of the PS4, the Rambler is an amazing "value per gram" that so far I haven't seen any other keychain multitool beat. If pliers are that important, you could even consider buying a separate 1 oz plier and still get the most "value per gram" with the Rambler in combo. :)

9. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

They are both so small that I carry both a P4 and a Manager along with a larger multi-tool, usually a SAK of some sort -- OH Trekker, Super Tinker, Sportsman -- depending on what I think might come up on a given day. Those little P4 pliers come in handy for small jobs, and I use it quite often. Just yesterday I needed to loosen the caps nuts on my license plate frame to stick onto the plate the yearly renewal decal. The pliers are the same as on the PS4, but I don’t like the PS4 because of the unreliable scissors spring that broke once without even being used, and for that it gives up both the awl and tiny screwdriver, IMO a bad trade. If I am heading out for “serious” work, I carry a Leatherman Charge TTi, but most of the time, SAKs are plenty good enough.

10. leigh_ratcliffe

leigh_ratcliffe Loaded Pockets

I carry both

znapschatz likes this.
  11. Radioactive_Man

Radioactive_Man Loaded Pockets

I bought a PS4 and wanted to love it, but it's just too :censored: heavy, I never want to carry it on my keychain. The rambler disappears in my pocket, and I always have a knife and pen on me.

O_G likes this.
  12. Shuutr

Shuutr Loaded Pockets

This would be my vote. Very nice collection of useful tools in a solid setup. It "feels" bigger than it is when you use it, but is very compact when it closes. The most used tool for me is the clamshell package opener.

13. caninesapien

caninesapien Loaded Pockets

Vic Signature for me - never have to hunt for a pen!

14. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

In the plier based category: for me it is the LM Squirt PS4. One lives on my 'tools' keychain and is always with me!

For those of us who open the definition of multitool to include SAK, either the Victorinox Huntsman or the Victorinox Fieldmaster. Although to be honest, these are large enough that I generally don't carry them on a keychain but rather let them hang from a P7 dangler in my pocket. But they 'could' live on a keychain... albeit they are bigger and heavier than the LM Squirt.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David