1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pocketweez?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by kit, May 15, 2010.

1. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Yes, on the home page
    http://pocketweez.com/
    click the drop-down menu and make your selection, then click checkout. The page that opens up gives 2 options, check-out or PP. Check-out is for CC's.

2. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

I am still game for a small group buy. Just let me know the details and where to paypal.

Thanks!

3. Crco

Crco Loaded Pockets

Ditto. I'm reliable with payments and such.

4. QtrHorse

QtrHorse Loaded Pockets

To be honest, you would not be saving much by getting in on the group buy if you only want one. It is $25 shipped on the site for one pair. By the time he orders them, buys a small padded envelope ($00.75), adds Paypal fee's and shipping, the final cost will be around $23.50 - $23.75 for one pair. That's not adding in his time to put together the whole GB.

If you wanted 2-3, it would be a good deal.

5. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

That's my concern. I'm not well versed on shipping rates, but unless he wants to sell through Jon or cut us a deeper break on a big purchase (and he didn't express interest in either) the savings become negligible. And he didn't express interest in either.

6. Crco

Crco Loaded Pockets

That's fair, Tower. No worries. After I posted update #56 on this thread, I started having concerns that mirrored QtrHorse's words up above.

7. davidt1

davidt1 Loaded Pockets

Received mine a couple of days ago. It works well. I would prefer it if it opens a little wider. And the dull housing just doesn't match the shiny tweezers inside. A housing made from SS would have been awesome. I carried it on my key chain for two days. Now it stays in the wallet because I have too many things on key chain already.

8. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I contacted them long ago. They where not interested at the time. :(

9. Leadfoot

Leadfoot Loaded Pockets

I'm betting I know the mill worker who designed these, he worked as a saw sharpener in a company in Baker City, Oregon.
    He built these from used planer blades used in the mill. His didn't have the hinged cover so were a bit difficult to carry.
    So much so that I don't know where my pair is. I also had him make a flat tip pair for picking up gun parts, little springs and the like.
    I own a pair of Uncle Bills, a pair of this type and a Victorinox Swiss Champ. By far and away the custom pair is the best for sliver use.
    I end up using the Swiss Champ because of not being able to safely carry the customs, the small pliers not the tweezers.
    They are very precise at the tips, what makes them work is that the tips are ground while squeezed together, and are able to pierce under the skin and get a very good purchase.
    Mind you my pair is from a now retired mill worker, not the pair from Bend, Or. But if they are made the same, and they look like it, they are a great design.
    If I can find them I'll post a couple of pics, but I've moved since I saw them last, so don't hold yer breath.
    On a side note, a friend of mine who is a emergency room nurse borrowed mine to use at work, he works as a temp and is in many hospitals in Oregon and Washington.
    The doctors still ask him to borrow those tweezers from having seen them work.

Leadfoot

10. bquinlan

bquinlan Loaded Pockets

I ordered one and it arrived incredibly quickly. After trying it out a bit on various tasks I went back and ordered another one for my wife. These are in a class by themselves.

--Bob Q

11. mcmc

mcmc Loaded Pockets

Just heard about these today, and of course EDCF has a thread on them =) Any reports after further use?

Am debating whether to get a pair, since I have a pair of Munroe Nanoceps on the way...anyone used both and can share experiences?

12. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

name doesnt translate too well for us brits... pocket wees sounds like you peed yourself!

13. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

Great to EDC

I picked one up this last summer and love it. Was able to grab a very small glass shard from my daughter's foot in the first try (she is 19 months!) that there made the purchase worth it for me. They are very solid and sharp, great for digging little buggers out. One set will last you and your next of kin's lifetime I reckon.

Here is a pic of one of my fav EDC's

[​IMG]
    Pockettweez1 by kyeandtabbs, on Flickr

14. aaronu

aaronu Loaded Pockets

Another example of how well EDCForums helps separate me from my money.

Now I'll have to get me some o'these...

15. mcmc

mcmc Loaded Pockets

Sorry aaronu, I guess partly it's my fault =D

16. bquinlan

bquinlan Loaded Pockets

They really are worth the money. I bought one for me and one for my wife. As usual, she laughed at them as overkill. Six months later she asked if we could get another pair to keep in the kitchen, since her purse isn't always handy.

--Bob Q

17. neonecko

neonecko Loaded Pockets

These look awesome! I carry an ALOX SAK, so tweezers were not an option. I may look into getting one of these to make up for it.