1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pocketweez?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by kit, May 15, 2010.

1. Crco

Crco Loaded Pockets

I'll go back in, Tower ... now that a 2nd attempt may bear fruit. Kudos to AttorneyAdrian for the informative review and positive push!

2. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

I plan on getting a set but I will wait to see if you find anything out. I am game for a group buy for sure.

3. Caveman
    • In Omnia Paratus

Caveman Loaded Pockets

I will let a couple go if the 5 for 100 goes through.
    If the other group buy does not work out, as I only needed a couple anyway.
    I was thinking gifts maybe, but will help out the three that have expressed an interest.

4. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

i can why someone would pay the price for these tweezers,, and i would also,,i have a pair of county com keychain tweezers and i have been good with them,,and i can use them and also find they work better than my tweezers we have in the house,, so until my cc tweezers fail, ill wait,,

5. Tixx

Tixx Loaded Pockets

Mountain Bike Action did a review on these a few months back. Seem pretty cool!

6. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Yes, Adrian is the one who gave me the owner's contact info.

7. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I thought the same thing about nail clippers until someone gifted me a pair of A.G.Russell nail clippers. I carry them all the time and won't cut my nails with anything else if I have the option.

I imagine these tweezers are worth it for someone who uses tweezers frequently, such as someone who works with wood.
    Come to think of it, I've had a few splinters that I probably would have paid $25 to get out...:crackup:

8. kit

kit Loaded Pockets

Please do. Psyched to see this thread got resurrected.

- Kit

9. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

I often need to get little kids' boo-boo splinters out on patrol. But I can always use medical tweezers or mosquito hemostats for that. Mostly I just think these are cool.

10. Caveman
    • In Omnia Paratus

Caveman Loaded Pockets

The 5 for $100.00 did go through, just got them yesterday.
    Like tower said "Mostly I just think these are cool."
    Well I did a small test between Tweezerman, Uncle Bills and my favorite house pair that came from the makeup isle of Wal-mart.
    The Tweezerman pair are the finest point pair that I had, the only reason I did not carry them was for that reason.
    They would poke through anything. The Pocketweez pair are smaller and solve this problem. All other pairs will grip only at the very end point. Pocketweez are different in that they grip with a pinch instead. The point is that most will cut through things like hair unless you grip lightly. These will replace my uncle bills pair for pocket carry. These weigh more but, more than make up for it. They have a very fine point. I believe that the whole thing is made of stainless steel. I was thinking about giving some away for gifts, I will be placing another order. -Does that tell you anything.- But I will wait to see if we can do a group buy first. ( This sounds like a sales pitch, sorry I have no connection with Pocketweez. Just very happy with my purchase. )

11. attorneyadrian

attorneyadrian Loaded Pockets

I just wanted to repeat this for myself. No affiliation with the product, just saw a great item and great customer service and wanted to pass it on.

12. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I wonder if they would consider a run with aluminum handles for reduced weight. It would be at least as cheap as steel to machine. It would also bring the weight down.

13. Caveman
    • In Omnia Paratus

Caveman Loaded Pockets

It looks like the handle is cast and left as is and the tweezer part is cast then ground and polished.

14. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Well, I have been checking my inbox, No love. So I guess the best we can do for now is to do the 5 for $100 deal or wait to see if anything evolves. I could send a second e-mail, but I don't want to seem too pushy.

If you want me to do a group buy, It will be $100 plus any tax or fees (no ship-out fee) so around $20 ea. plus whatever shipping to you costs me. I knoe flat rate is around $5, but I bet these could go in a small padded envelope. Don't know if I need to insure or track, if anyone knows the best way to ship, please chime in.

15. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I won't be participating in the group buy at this time, but I can chim in on this point.

You can get a pack of small padded manilla envelopes pretty cheap at Walmart (< $1 each). They should ship for around $1 via USPS First Class. Add insurance for another $1 or so, which protects you as the seller. I think it would cost about $3 to mail that way and the package is protected against loss or damage.

16. Crco

Crco Loaded Pockets

I'll echo Jag on that assessment.

Also Tower, you are doing all the shipping labor and accumulating of mail-out resources ... so add on what you feel is fair compensation for that.

And I'll state again, I'll be one of your 4 Group-Buy partners if you'd like.

17. Hoshnasi

Hoshnasi Empty Pockets

Thank you for the review and clarification. I wrote this off as something I would ultimately stab myself with in my pocket it sounds like there is good closed retention.

18. Caveman
    • In Omnia Paratus

Caveman Loaded Pockets

Good closed retention=Yes
    Very nice soilid click to close and open.

19. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Well I pulled his reply out of the spam sieve. Not much love there. To wit:

Ron,

We haven't removed the volume discount from our website yet because we've been too busy running the business to work on the site. For now you can order 5 for $100 with all shipped to one address. The volume discount was added as a promotion and is intended to be temporary. We appreciate your inquiry.

Rick & Bev Francis

So if you want 'em for $20 instead of $25, it's time to jump on this!

20. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

Can non-PP users get in on this?;D