1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

PocketToolX Brewzer on Uncrate

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by attorneyadrian, Mar 25, 2010.

1. attorneyadrian

attorneyadrian Loaded Pockets

2. Andy Wayne

Andy Wayne Loaded Pockets

I was gonna post this. You beat me to it. :)

3. JerryD

JerryD Loaded Pockets

oooooh... I want one!

4. Ppub101

Ppub101 Loaded Pockets

It is tempting, I might get one myself

5. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

6. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

So how does it work as an opener?

7. DemskeetSkeet

It's a little lacking on leverage but it works great.

I love the universal tip; screwdriver, scraper, pry tip, etc.

For less than $20 it is a quality piece and it's actually quite thicker than what I would have thought.

8. Crco

Crco Loaded Pockets

Please pardon my ignorance ... but could someone explain what that internal backend slot is ... and how it works? It's interesting in that it is shaped like a beer bottle.

9. nbmaine2007

nbmaine2007 Loaded Pockets

I'm not positive, but I'd say it's just a hole for your keychain, and it's shaped like a bottle intentionally just for an added touch.

10. DemskeetSkeet

Pretty much what nbmaine said but they have a similar cut out on the Piranha and it's a nail puller. So I suppose you could use it with the nail head is small enough....

I'm sure it's just to reduce a little weight and to add the "bottle."

11. unloved

unloved Empty Pockets

Great. I received mine a couple days ago, and tried it out on a few bottles from Victory Brewing Co. that night. Pops the cap on the first try.

12. Crco

Crco Loaded Pockets

Thanks NBMAINE and DEMSKEET ... the Brewzer looks interesting. Although since that backend hole seems to be more stylistic than functional, I would consider that part of it to wasted real estate. As Peter Atwood has shown, holes in a tool are more than just weight-reducers, lanyard-facilitators or grip-enhancers, they are a way to increase functionality. As witnessed by his his tools' holes having double duty as oxygen tank openers, wrenches, etc.

13. retrosurfer

retrosurfer Loaded Pockets

Brewzer appears to be on back order but just git the rest of there new stuff. my wife stole my Piranha to keep in the drawer at work and told me to order another one to replace it so I did.

the Small pocket tool seems to open a cold one with no problems until the Brewzer is deliverred

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. mk7designs

mk7designs Empty Pockets

The bottle shaped opening, while primarily for style and for attaching to your keychain, is also sized to be a O2 tank wrench -- this isn't something that we're advertising but it does work.

15. Crco

Crco Loaded Pockets

That's interesting, Mk7designs! Thanks for the information. I'm going to buy a Brewzer. Your prompt response and the feedback I'm getting from friends indicate that your customer service is top notch. I'd like to see your company do well and continue putting out more products of this nature. Although I'm gonna hold off until June to get the upfraded Piranha. I currently have the 1st gen Piranha and I love it!

16. DasRoot

DasRoot Empty Pockets

Not to side track this thread (well I guess it isn't totally a side track but...)

HOW AWESOME IS MK7 FOR ACTUALLY PARTICIPATING IN THIS FORUM? :)

Seriously, love my Piranha, love my Brewzer. I saltwater fish a lot and am scared to take it with me in the water....if there was a brewser in titanium...sigh...to dream.

17. retrosurfer

Very cool - so MK7 for those of us that have the brewzer on order when is the second week of May going to actually be this year? when can we expect shipment?

18. mk7designs

mk7designs Empty Pockets

Thanks! It seems that the email notifications don't work very well on the new forum, so sometimes we aren't able to respond as quickly as we'd like. As far as the Brewzer goes, there might be one in the near future out of Titanium. :)

Sorry for the late response but they have all started shipping about a week and a half ago.

19. Invaderchris

Invaderchris Empty Pockets

Cool design, but I think designated bottle openers are obsolete in the EDC world considering a plethora of other tools have them. Their great for use at the home or at a bar, but EDC I don't think so.

20. retrosurfer

Well the Brewser finally arrived and it was worth the wait nice size and finish I like the look and overall design on the tool and it opens Corona's perfectly. what I was surprised at tough was the amazing function this tool has for opening boxes and cartons the little lip at the bottom presses in with enough clout to undue the toughest tape with ease also works great for prying large staple and other similar items. Overall i'm thrilled with the tool and glad I had orderred two because one just became a full time resident on my car and EDC keychain.

Job well done guys.