1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice
  1. cmw

cmw Empty Pockets

Hi,

Old lurker, new registrant here...

I love DIYplanner (.com) index card templates for organization. But then again I've always been a 3x5 index card kind of guy. The pocketmod didn't really do it for me when compared to printed cards with tiny binder clip holding them together.

Just wanted to add something -though search revealed one previous mention.

c

2. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

Welcome aboard, cmw.

3. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

CMW,
    Welcome to EDC!!

Blades

4. dakota

dakota Empty Pockets

Very cool, thanks for posting it...

5. NTRotty

NTRotty Loaded Pockets

I like the pocket mod, Thanks for posting it. Experimenting with page options, usually carry small spiral note pad in chest pocket, I believe this will take it's place. Plan to use a new one daily and keep them as a collective work diary for week end reporting. I just enough space to write and not the weight and bulk of a note pad.

Thanks.

6. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Fascinating Idea!

I set one up at lunch the other day with Microsoft Excel. Before I started, I folded up a piece of paper like I imagined I would fold up the Pocket Mod and I started marking each page with what info I thought should go there.

I put a calendar on one side of the outside and I'm reserving the other side for a couple of shopper card bar codes. When I flip it open, I have a list of appointments and a space for notes. when I unfold it again, I have rarely necessary, but highly useful, information, such as, formulae that I use for work, unit conversions, emergency contact phone numbers, calling card numbers (use any phone, anywhere!), the phonetic alphabet (which I'm trying to learn), Morse Code, and the phone numbers of all three credit card clearing houses.

I'm considering preparing a two-sided Pocket Mod with the other side containing first aid and signalling instructions.

7. luigi

luigi Loaded Pockets

A small windows app to create pocketmods with anything you want would be a major success :)

Luigi

8. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Microsoft Excel almost meets that criteria.

9. PasadenaRose

PasadenaRose Empty Pockets

I LOVE this thing. I also love your forums, BTW. :smitten: Found it by a referral from another forum. I've gathered a lot of ideas for organizing my EDC at work. Now to implement them. ;) I always seem to pack like I'm running away from home every day. :crazy2:
    Back to the subject at hand....I printed one out and folded it. Decided I didn't totally like the placement of the pages, did some re-arranging and printed a new one.
    I may play around with the PDF stuff, but I'm not real computer savvy. Thanks to the OP for the PocketMod link.

10. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

Welcome to EDC Forums, PasadenaRose!

11. tvodrd

tvodrd Empty Pockets

:welcome: aboard!!

Larry

12. sammyz

sammyz Loaded Pockets

I don't know if anybody else EDCs these handy little mini books, but they are pretty much free and can be made up with all sorts of useful information.

http://www.pocketmod.com/index_v1.html

Fit perfectly in my back pocket and typically I am just using one of these long enough to cross items off my list and throw it away and start with a fresh one. Not quite as sexy as a pocket Moleskine but much cheaper!

13. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets