1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice
  1. raider502

raider502 Loaded Pockets

I am rally just going to use this to make quick reference guides to stick in various bags and kits, more that an organizer. However I will keep one in my pocket for taking notes.

2. HankZudd

HankZudd Loaded Pockets

i've been looking at this for a couple of weeks; printed one, butchered it up folding & cutting. Watched the video & made 3 perfectly. used my kids glue stick to bind the sheets; gonna use one for work & see how it goes. Can you make them on larger (11 x 17) paper? these things have no end to their use. thanks

3. Namelessone

Namelessone Loaded Pockets

http://www.pocketmod.com/

This site has a flash program that lets you create a 8 page booklet out of one sheet of 8.5" by 11". In the program you can choose what you want each page to be, from having different calendars, lined paper, grids, checklists, and even some games. After you create the template, you can just print it out and then after a minute of folding you have the little booklet. I haven't really carried it just yet, but it seems pretty handy.
    [​IMG]

4. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Merged with a bump! ;D

:pp:

5. chris777

chris777 Loaded Pockets

I ran across this and scoffed at first, but my backside is complaining again about having to sit on thick notebooks, and wallets again, and after glansing at it again, I noticed it had templates, that are pretty cool, not that I could give up my palm, but, you just cant draw on a palm worth a flip, and so I thought I would try this out instead of the cheapo notebooks.
    Heres my problem, Either I am folding it up all wrong, or I dont get the deal with folding it at all, as it doesnt seem to match properly, but maby its me.

6. monkeyman

monkeyman Empty Pockets

chriss777 you may be folding to the edge of the paper and not to the printed line that is the edge of the pocket mod its about 1/4 inch in on three sides and and over 1 inch on the fourth (i think its the top) you need to cut to these lines before folding, if you already know this my apologies its just the little detail i always seem to miss then after an hour of banging my head against a brick wall i spot it and slap forhead cartoon style, hope this helps.

7. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the link!
    I printed one for me and a few for my son.

Blades

8. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

That's cool.

Phil

9. houdini28

houdini28 Loaded Pockets

I have used the pocketmod for a while. It's a really handy way to always have paper on you without having to carry a memo pad, hPDA, or PDA.

What I really like is that you can use any eight page PDF file to create a pocketmod (there's a utility on the site that lets you do this). I have created formula sheets in Word, converted them to PDF, and then printed them as a pocketmod. It is a really handy way to have access to the information and it is in a managable form.

10. oranges

oranges Loaded Pockets

Am I the only one that thinks its crazy that this has its own website? I mean, I think that most people knew a piece of paper could be folded for edc.

11. Brangdon

Brangdon Loaded Pockets

There are three parts to PocketMod. The first is that the way of folding - and cutting - to make an A8 booklet is in fact not obvious. The second is the basic template which places each A8 page onto a leaf of the booklet, which the website conveniently encapsulates with a program. The third is the set of common predefined pages.

12. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

Have you tried a pocketmod yet?? :) I didn't think it was a big deal either till I printed one out. It's true that you can always carry a piece of paper, this is just a better way to do it. Try it, you might like it, and start carrying one like me. :)

Blades

13. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

I've printed out a few designs and liked them. The Sudoku puzzles are pretty hard, at least for my skill level. Good fun

Good tool though. My wife and I have both loaded the executable to our desktop. She's been prinitng out storyboard booklets for a 2nd Grade class author study project. The kids will design their own mini books in these.

Phil

14. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Well, I finally took a minute to print up some PocketMods. I did a couple with lines only for listing tunes I've learned/I'm learning and for birds I've identified, a couple with dots and tic tac toe for the kids to play with in the car, a list for things to do, and a food diary :shocked: . Used my little Wenger clippers with the scissors to cut it. ;D Plan on making more of these as I sometimes leave my Moleskine behind. This will fit anywhere. Definitely plan on doing some with reference material (morse code and the like) and some pdfs of specific things. Wish there was no need to trim the edges, but it's a minimal inconvenience. :thumbsup:

15. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

The pocketmod is set up for trimming as each printer has differing abilities to print near the edge. So the pocketmod has to be a least common denominator kind of design. But it's pretty easy to set up a pocket mod style page in a word processor that maximimizes your printers ability.

Phil

16. smokelaw1

smokelaw1 Loaded Pockets

Printed a few last night, giving a couple different styles a try, and learing to actually fold the thing right.
    What a great idea. I have one in my shirt pocket right now, and I have a feeling I will start carrying them every day.

17. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

Has anyone else "modded" their Pocketmod to 16 pages??
    I printed a new one the other night(the last one I filled up) and started looking at where the folds were. I decided to cut the paper where it was folded together. I used some tape to hold the pages in, that will fall out if you are not carefull.
    I ran the pocketmod page through my printer twice, that way I have lines on both sides of the page. Did the magic fold, cut the paper, applied tape, and now I have a 16 page Pocketmod instead of 8.
    Just an idea.

Blades

18. faca

faca Loaded Pockets

hi I use tounhold my pocketmod and fold again using the clea paper no used=16 sheets ;-)

19. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

faca,
    Well there are 2 of us using all 16 pages. Maybe some more people will try our "mods". :)

Blades

20. faca

faca Loaded Pockets

sure recycle our resources O0