1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

pocket pistols

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Buckeye Jake, Apr 20, 2014.

1. HeadedToTexas

HeadedToTexas Loaded Pockets

That would do it. Can't say I've shot mine at a hundred yards, but now I've got to. Hope it makes it!

MTFatboy and Brtsmpsn like this.
  2. Bulldog87

Bulldog87 Loaded Pockets

These threads are never any help! They only give me GAS. (Gear acquisition syndrome )

I am looking between the Sig 938, Sig 290, the Shield and the upcoming Glock 43. I CANNOT decide! I have a Sig 238 and I love it! The Sig is just so much more expensive! I have a OWB leather DeSantis holster for the 238 along with a pocket holster. I just love the 238... seriously wish they had come out with the 938 earlier...

Great photo too btw

3. Alphy

Alphy Loaded Pockets

Thanks! I just got it back yesterday from Sig. I had a problem with the mags popping out while firing. Sent it back and got a black rubber grip and polymer main spring housing thrown on while it was there since I didn't really like the feel of the G-10 grips. Sigs service was great. 9 day turnaround and they even gave me a free mag! Took it to the range yesterday and put 100 rounds through it with not 1 hiccup. Sigs service is awesome. If it were up to me and I knew a Glock 43 were so close to debut I would have waited to see that, but since I already have this I'll stick with it. It's super accurate and reliable (after the mag problem.) I have 750 rounds threw it with not one FTF or FTE just that aforementioned magazine problem which was remedied by a new mag catch.

4. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

In reference to the Beretta; I saw somewhere that someone made slimmer grips for it...lot of help, I know

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  5. mrtwohands

mrtwohands Loaded Pockets

Pocket carry an LCP [​IMG]

6. HeadedToTexas

I ogled the Glock 43 yesterday in Nashville and it is awesome. Fills the hand and feels just right. If you are a Glock guy or already have Glocks, that's a no-brainer. I've carried a 938-SAS for two years and you can not go wrong. It is rock solid in every way. The Sig looks classy. The Glock looks utilitarian. Either will serve you well for decades. I'm sure the M&P is fine, but I have no personal experience with that line.

7. Grumpy521

Grumpy521 Loaded Pockets

Works in my coat pocket.
    [​IMG]

Lou_G, MTFatboy, Dorian and 2 others like this.
  8. Dorian
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dorian EDC Junkie!!!

What gun is that?

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  9. odg

odg Loaded Pockets

The problem with a 22lr caliber pistol for defensive use is ammo reliability. I'd stick to non-rimmed centerfire calibers. From a practical perspective, at the small end size-wize, that means a pistol in 380 ACP.

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  10. Grumpy521

Grumpy521 Loaded Pockets

Rock Island M206. It looks like a Colt Dic Special but it's actually a Diamond Back on the inside.

Dorian and Brtsmpsn like this.
  11. Grumpy521

Grumpy521 Loaded Pockets

Old timey pockets. The keys actually fit all of the doors in my house.
    [​IMG]

MTFatboy, c99camper, Dorian and 2 others like this.
  12. Brtsmpsn
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Brtsmpsn Oh, Canada!

I really like this setup, like turning back the clock.

Grumpy521 likes this.
  13. Buckeye Jake

Buckeye Jake Loaded Pockets

Love them old colts , 32 ? They are making a run of them ,got my name on the list

Jake

Brtsmpsn, Dorian and Grumpy521 like this.
  14. Grumpy521

Grumpy521 Loaded Pockets

I like old things. I live in a 120 year old house that looks inside and out much like it did in 1895. My wife calls me crusty.

Brtsmpsn and Buckeye Jake like this.
  15. Grumpy521

Grumpy521 Loaded Pockets

Brtsmpsn likes this.
  16. Dorian
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dorian EDC Junkie!!!

I believe Colt teamed up with U.S. Armament Corp., doing the run of new 1903 ie .32, No information on 1908 .380.

Brtsmpsn and Grumpy521 like this.
  17. Buckeye Jake

Buckeye Jake Loaded Pockets

The company is US Armament , the are the company that made the Gatling guns for colt . I got a email and was told that when they are ready I will be notified . First batch will be like the army version ,blue to come later .
    Jake

Brtsmpsn and Grumpy521 like this.
  18. HeadedToTexas

Okay, MT, I got my Beretta 950 Jetfire out on the range with a box of my 50 grain FMJ with 1.0 grain of Bullseye. I shot at a 16" x 24" cardboard target and hit at 20, 30, 40 and 50 yards on the first shot or two. It took me like 6 shots to hit from 60 yards and 3 or 4 at 70, 80 and 90 yards. I hit from 100 yards on the second shot. Everything out to 70 yards of shot off hand, but I used a tree to stabilize the hold at 80, 90 and 100 yards. At 90 and 100 I held at the top of the target, but all other distances were sighted at the middle of the target. I'd take a close look at your barrel. Good luck!

Brtsmpsn, Buckeye Jake and MTFatboy like this.
  19. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

Now I'm becoming curious. I might have to shoot mine through the chrony and see what I'm getting at the muzzle (I've only ever shot Blazers out of it). I don't have a mic to check the barrel. Not that I could get a better barrel for it, and I don't think I'll look for another .25 at any rate, since my 938 is small enough for pocket carry, but I'm curious now just what the bullets are doing. I may set up butcher paper at a few ranges and see if they keyhole.

Brtsmpsn and Buckeye Jake like this.
  20. John Harker

John Harker Empty Pockets

I got stuck with a Jimenez .380. I wouldn't trust it very far but if anyone ever grabs whatever full size gun I'm carrying that day, we will see just how deadly the little pistol is. I'm tellin ya, I hate that Jimenez gun but it's still better than either not having a gun at all due to how I'm dressed or being completely helpless if some thug does manage to disarm me.
    A friend of mine carries a Ruger LCP .380 as backup. It's painful to shoot but it gets the job done.

Brtsmpsn and Stinson12 like this.