1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pocket Notebooks - Let's See 'Em! :)

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by mooshi, May 26, 2013.

1. thegrouch314

thegrouch314 Loaded Pockets

Hey, I have the same moleskine! only mine's a lot more battered because it lives in my back pocket most of the time, unless i'm sitting in which case it goes on to the desk beside me

i have a terrible memory so my notebook basically rules my life. i'm lost without it, sometimes literally

rat-7 and 313 like this.
  2. Jakala

Jakala Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

My first one(1) was an original Molsekine, after that my wife got me various new ones from around the world.

I realy like the thick one on top, its for "permanent" notes. It's a "paper blacks grolier" with metal clasp closure.

The other paper blanks (2,5,6) also held up pretty good. Nr 3 is from nat geo and the quality is simply not "skookum"
    (Yes, i have a new youtube addiction)
    4 and 7 are no names and they needed some reinforcement allong the spine.

My current on on the bottom feels really nice, will have to see how it holds up..

rat-7, kkay, 313 and 1 other person like this.
  3. DDG.2

DDG.2 Loaded Pockets

4. menace2sobriety

menace2sobriety Loaded Pockets

Well great after going through this whole thread I’ve decided I need something to hold a field notes notebook so they don’t get trashed in my back pocket. I also need a wallet. So beings that I’m always broke as hell I decided to see what I can come up with. Started this tonight. I’ll post another picture later if it all comes together way I want it to.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. menace2sobriety

menace2sobriety Loaded Pockets

And before anyone says anything I know I didn’t get the piece of leather cut straight and I didn’t measure or line anything up before cutting the designs in it so it is off some. That is driving me nuts so I may end up starting over

6. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

@menace2sobriety - Looks good to me and should do a good job of protecting your notebook. Excellent work!

7. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

currently on the hunt for something to wrap my new moleskin notepads in - these are the real small ones though, maybe 2x4?
    I like this because it'll fit in any shirt breast pocket, vs my 3x5 which dont, as well as weight.
    Got them for a Christmas gift and really dig them

8. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Embrace the Wabi-Sabi, Luke. Let Go!

[​IMG]

ATB,
    Sam

RoadWizard likes this.
  9. Jim Hughes

Jim Hughes Loaded Pockets

Molleskine, Rhodia, et alia make a notebook that is 2.5" x 4" . I , too , find this quite convenient for a shirt pocket carry or even front pocket wallet combo. Lots of leather crafters on Etsy offer this. Fenner Crafts, One Star Leather, J. Michael Ashland leather, Form-Fashion-Form, Ancient Horse, Zenok Leather . These are the wallet style, tuck cover of notebook in pouch on inside of cover. If you're into the Midori Traveller style, elastic band type of notebook insertion, try Chic Sparrow or the Quill Shoppe. I believe that's called Nano size at Chic Sparrow. My favorite is the Andrew Design one. I wrote a review on this one for EDC Forums.

ItsHardToKnow likes this.
  10. Daveho

Daveho Loaded Pockets

[​IMG] Works pretty well, houses a field notes size book well.

11. Daveho

Daveho Loaded Pockets

[​IMG] Works pretty well, houses a field notes size book well.

12. Gogogordy

Gogogordy Loaded Pockets

Machines can make perfectly square and straight stuff. It takes a human to, uh “handcraft” an item!
    Anyway...its a nice piece (and the flaws are always more apparent to the person who made them)

menace2sobriety likes this.
  13. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    “Shinola's American-Made Journals are manufactured by Edwards Brothers Malloy — a family-run printing business that has made books and journals since 1893”

Melders likes this.
  14. leaky5

leaky5 Loaded Pockets

I have just bought my first batch of FN books, I have been meaning to get some for a while. In the UK note books tend to be differnt sizes, but the FN's are perfect for me.

Just sizing up for some leather, will probably get enough for 2 or 3 covers, also have loads of man made fabrics so will probably do some with this as well.

Pictures when done, just mulling over designs and features.

15. mauiblue

mauiblue Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    I found this notebook cover on Amazon made for Field Note notebooks. This is the best EDC pocket notebook I've used. I am hoping it will work out for a long time.

twin63 and YankeeHotelFoxtrot like this.