1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pocket Notebooks - Let's See 'Em! :)

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by mooshi, May 26, 2013.

1. Firemission

Firemission Loaded Pockets

Thank you for the compliment. I've got my chicken scratch too. ;-)

SAKplumber likes this.
  2. b.s.

b.s. Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Moleskine Cahier notebook and Surefire EWP-01 in a gfeller slipcase.

It's breaking in nicely, and for those of you interested... This is the Canadian Passport Slip Case and fits the cahier perfectly. . $20

[​IMG]

Last edited by b.s., Apr 30, 2014
    nikao likes this.
  3. Kuscoot

Kuscoot Loaded Pockets

4. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

That looks really good. Might have to look into one for myself perhaps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Firemission

Firemission Loaded Pockets

Actually I use the beer advocate website style of rating. WC means World class. Thank you for the compliment on my handwriting. Rounds complete on 6.;-)

6. A144
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

A144 Loaded Pockets

Got my first pocket notebook today: a Midori Passport.

It's really nice and smells great! I've got a couple refills for it coming from Goulet on Monday.

[​IMG]

nikao and gstojinovic like this.
  7. jazzbone1031

jazzbone1031 Loaded Pockets

Argh...I just can't decide on pocket notebook vs. my large notebook! I really want only one notebook. I like having the larger notebook because it fits everything. Not terribly convenient to carry. Pocket notebook is better for EDC for me, but harder to fit everything...ugh! Plus all these darn notebooks here look great!

8. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

I had a similar dilemma. I use pocket notebooks to write something down NOW. A phone number, an interesting thought, a quote, a shopping list, etc. If it needs to be expanded on or it's something I'd like accessible long term, it goes into the big notebook. I also use bigger notebooks for more long form writing, like meeting or class notes, or the occasional rough draft for a blog post. Basically, pocket notebooks= pretty, staple bound scratch paper.

Buy a cheapie from walmart for a buck or two and carry it around for a week, see if and how you use it. If it doesn't fit into your system, you won't be out much.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

9. forestgrump
    • In Omnia Paratus

forestgrump Loaded Pockets

I found the field notes were not liking my back pocket :(
    Hence the cover which has prolonged its life immensely :)

The leather in this cover looked aged from the beginning and doesn't add too much extra thickness to my pocket

Gator25 likes this.
  10. Pingodude

Pingodude Loaded Pockets

I threw together a denim cover/pouch for my field notes last night. Not a perfect fit, but room for a hanky too, which I usually carry in the same pocket anyway. Also a pen holder loop made of suede. This one is thin and shold last a long time in my back pocket.

The pen is a Zebra pen f301 compact and the field notes have been carried for about two months in my back pocket, mainly in jeans (note the denim bleed).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mercurialpissings, nikao and Kripto like this.
  11. Kripto

Kripto Evil Sid

I like it, I'd be interested in seeing how well it holds up.. One of my issues with small notebooks is that I keep them in my back left pocket. w/o a cover they last about 2 months, with a leather cover so far 6...

12. Pingodude

Pingodude Loaded Pockets

I think I will try a suede cover if the denim one doesn't hold up or is too annoying (since it is a pouch and not a cover). I want to keep it slim though. :)
    6 months is probably more than enough for one of my notebooks as they tend to fill upp fast.

13. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

Don_Jammer
    The guy who made it is Peter Jelen. I think you can find him online if not pm me.

14. OmegaRunner

OmegaRunner Empty Pockets

Just arrived this afternoon. This is my first experience with Field Notes, but I like them already.

[​IMG]

nikao, Sachsen, Melders and 1 other person like this.
  15. CoreyM60

CoreyM60 Loaded Pockets

I picked up a cheap black leather bound notebook at a local store the last few days to see how much I use a notebook, slightly larger for pocket carry but I use a small work provided pad at the garage I work at everyday to write down info and other phone messages when in a rush so if it pans out I see some field notes in my future!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

16. Ironside

Ironside Loaded Pockets

Lately I've been using these plain Moleskines. I think they were $3 each. I like the small size.
    [​IMG]

nikao and Heywood Floyd like this.
  17. jazzbone1031

Thanks for the suggestion. Someone else mentioned, I think in a different thread, though it may have been this one, that they use the system that I use, but in a pocket notebook. I think that'd work for me. But I like having the bigger notebook. I think to be perfectly happy with it, I'd have to EDC the pocket one and put "keepers" in the big one. Both using essentially the same system.

al66pine likes this.
  18. Tamagutchi

Tamagutchi Loaded Pockets

19. Inner Prop

Inner Prop Loaded Pockets

When I was still using a physical day planner I had one from a company called Eagle (now defunct). They designed their binders to all work together. The pocket version had 3 holes, but they matched up with the 6 holes in the A5 (8.5x5.5in) size book. That way you could take a note on the fly and physically transfer (or attach) to your actual planner.

Now I like A4 (8.5x11") as a main size for work (because it fits files well) and staple smaller notes to the big sheets. The A4 sheets also fit the paper feeder in the big printer/scanner well. This makes it easier to capture the notes electronically.

I like using hole punched letter sheets so I could go to a binder if I needed something bigger than a file folder.

mercurialpissings likes this.
  20. jazzbone1031

That's an interesting idea as well. Keeping the smaller size and hole-punching it, thereby not having to copy it later. I could just transfer it.