1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pocket Notebooks - Let's See 'Em! :)

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by mooshi, May 26, 2013.

1. Templar

Templar Loaded Pockets

I got loads of xxxxx at the end of everything for about a week. The email topic was some forensic intelligence meeting to do with budgets.... Whoops.

2. bjshep

bjshep Loaded Pockets

Signed off a radio transmission the other day with "received, love you"

Doh

3. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

I didn't see this thread, and posted the first pic over on the "Field Notes" thread as kind of a joke (it does say "Field Notes" written by me in Sharpie under the tape). (grin)

Like the OP I have about (10) different notebooks going at the same time. I love them and have one everywhere it seems. The one I try to carry with me most is one of the two pictured. The top one with the black duct tape (due to a bent and mangled cover) is a 4.5"x3.25" composition book from the dollar store (yep, 3 for a buck!), the other is a 5.5"x3.5" Moleskine. These usually travel in my courier bag or a pocket. I'm constantly changing how I roll with these, and what I write in them. In general though, the ones that go everywhere get virtually anything written in them from phone numbers, to thoughts, to grocery lists and everything in between. The more substantial Moleskines I try to write more permanent thoughts and experiences. I still wind up doing some transferring though. (No matter though, I LOVE paper, pencils, pens and writing)

[​IMG]

Lately I've adopted a more all-weather notebook with the Rite in the Rain type. I learned the hard way what a spilled soda/beer can do to anything else, especially if there is any water soluble ink.

[​IMG]

I like all of my notebooks to fit in a pocket in some fashion. Any bigger than that and they don't get taken to where the action is (similar to a camera). I also buy some of the full size composition books each year in the fall after all the school supplies go on sale. They're great for sketching, keeping in the truck and/or doing major dumps or transfers from the smaller books.

After all these years I've pretty much given up trying to make perfect sense of how everything gets used. The biggest mistake would be to not have something written down, so when the moment strikes it gets written down regardless of what notebook I have. As I fill them up I band all like sized ones together and store them (looking back on them on a rainy day sometimes). I figure someday I'll just toss all of them into a big box and let some future adventurer or researcher sort it all out. Something like that would be a treasure for me to find, so why not leave one for someone else to find after I'm gone.

BTW...these notebooks are just a couple of the ones I field. I love the fancy covers, and would love to buy one (or six), but then you always want just the right one to be with you to continue the story in. With my 'random' way, nobody gets any special treatment, but everyone gets taken along for the adventure and used hard.

My .02

nikao likes this.
  4. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

I had this notebook cover made to hold my Embassy Pens, a Peak Ultra flashlight & a 3" prybar on the back.

[​IMG]

Okay, other than the two knives, this is what goes in it...

[​IMG]

5. Inner Prop

Inner Prop Loaded Pockets

A treasure for me to find, yeah, I like that. I've been trying to figure out how I'll be able to go back and see something when I need it later, but this is a good point, it's a treasure.

6. Gunsmoke

Gunsmoke Loaded Pockets

Man now I think I need a cover for my cheap notebooks I get from walmart. ;)
    Now started putting one in my bag for work. Using it to write callsigns down during chats on the local repeaters.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

7. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

8. Don_Jammer

Don_Jammer Loaded Pockets

Nice looking cover! Mind my asking who made it for you?

9. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

Local guy. Don't have his contact info w/me now.

Don_Jammer likes this.
  10. poe47

poe47 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]I'm using a little Moleskine atm. Bought it ten years ago when they were still made really well with thicker paper, accompanied by a Surefire 1 and a Sharpie needle point pen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

nikao and Melders like this.
  11. waxworkz

waxworkz Empty Pockets

what note book is that please? I need to get a few for taking quick notes and my Note 2 Samsung is justa bit bulky at times

12. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

It's a Field Notes in a cover I had made.

13. W-D

W-D Loaded Pockets

[​IMG] Ill gear all weather notepad, does the trick and has skulls on it so here we are :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Firemission

Firemission Loaded Pockets

Here is my Craft Beer Log. Its a PaperBlanks brand inserted into an old leather cover I purchased many years ago from a company called Dells Leather Works. I like the 19th century look of it. I normally EDC a Field Notes notebook.
    In my log I use my favorite LAMY fountain pen in Fine Point, with Levenger Empyrean Blue Ink and a Pilot Varsity disposable fp in red ink to make notes in my Beer log.[​IMG][​IMG]

GiraffeHooves, nikao, Kripto and 5 others like this.
  15. wrenking

wrenking Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Works well with a fountain pen addiction

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rockslide, nikao and A144 like this.
  16. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

Nice Midori! I have a full sized pelle (Midori clone) but I still kinda want the real deal. My inner hipster says I need the real one.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

17. wrenking

wrenking Loaded Pockets

Thanks, lol. A soul patch is all thats left once you get it. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Stonerman33 likes this.
  18. forestgrump
    • In Omnia Paratus

forestgrump Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Hidebound leather cover with field notes 'pitch black' in at the moment.

19. MKram

MKram Loaded Pockets

FireMission, (FIREMISSION) Your handwriting is a complement to your tools...yep I did some 13-series stuff once upon a time, it's not an echo but a warning order. ;) Do you categorize your beer samplings as very good, good and Water Closet? Also you may want to expand your criteria a bit, balancing between hops, sweetness, alcohol 'burn' (pro/con) and aromas - a lot to clutter up a notebook but it'll help you narrow down some favorites when one is and one is not on sale.

20. jazzbone1031

jazzbone1031 Loaded Pockets

You have amazing handwriting!

Arjosy and nikao like this.