1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pocket Notebooks - Let's See 'Em! :)

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by mooshi, May 26, 2013.

1. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

I really enjoy notebooks. And pocket notebooks are just another fascination of mine. :D Let's see yours!

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did I just get a custom made cover for $0.33 mini composition notebooks that I get at the Dollar Tree? Yes. Yes I did. Why? 'Cause I like what I like. :)

I've tried Moleskines. The Volants are too small, the Cahiers are too big. I haven't tried Field Notes yet. I'm tempted, but if the Cahiers are too big, likely the FN ones are too.

Unless I'm at work where I have a breast pocket, notebooks go in my back pocket since they're soft. They do get beat up. While I like the look of a well used notebook, the look of a well worn piece of leather raises the awesome-sauce points up 10-fold.

I had this one made to fit the mini notebooks, so hopefully these things never get discontinued (mini compositions with sewn binding are harder to find than glued binding; and at $1.00/3-pack, I'd best stock up). hahaha!

The Steel Flame Snake Bushido tag is one of my favorites and to have it incorporated into the cover made it a bajillion times more awesome. But the best part? The tag was a gift. :) And the notebook was hand made by someone I know. :) Props all around! Totally on cloud 9 with this cover. :cloud9:

Bonus points for the whole contraption still disappearing into girl pockets. ;) 'Cause you know girl pockets suck.

2. O.J.

O.J. Loaded Pockets

Awesome Mooshi. Will post a pic in the morning.

mooshi likes this.
  3. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

Yes, nice cover.

I'm still using Moleskines...green extra small hardback, and reporter type. Lately I've been carrying the green in pocket, and the reporter gets thrown in briefcase. I'll be running a 5 week archaeology field school starting Tuesday, and they both will get a good field workout there.
    [​IMG]

Piney, TK-421, lildannigurl and 5 others like this.
  4. Jerry L

Jerry L EDC Junkie!!!!!

That looks amazing Mooshi.I always have my pen,pencil and a notebook.When i saw the Skinth Jotter i had to get one keeps everything organized and my notebooks in good shape.No one in my family is a notebook aficionado so they will never understand why i paid what i did for the Skinth Jotter.
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

5. Varmitslayer

Varmitslayer Loaded Pockets

Mooshi I carry the same notebook as you. Minus the cover of course.

Cornholio2188 and mooshi like this.
  6. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

The first Skinth I looked at was a jotter. :) But I couldn't wrap my head around having a notebook "pouch" and continued searching for a notebook cover. :) And now I've found it. :D

haha And when I was looking at the jotter, I hadn't yet found that the mini composition was the perfect size; I was still using Pocket Moleskines back then. :)

lildannigurl, Norse Scots and Jerry L like this.
  7. Jerry L

Jerry L EDC Junkie!!!!!

It works out well.Lots of use besides a notebook and pens .If you stock up on those notebooks grab me some i will send you some cash cant get them in my local dollar tree.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

haha Yeah, but I'm not one to have pouches hanging. :) Unless I'm doing wedding set ups or helping or on the construction site with Habitat for Humanity.

:) I have been stocking up. PM inbound.

9. Jerry L

Jerry L EDC Junkie!!!!!

Fits in my cargo pocket perfectly.

10. Gambit88
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gambit88 Loaded Pockets

Mooshi that cover is awesome!! Crazy awesome!! I love that you had the SF tag incorporated and the sentimental value infused in both pieces. I LOVE having gear that reminds me of someone. It just brings an extra big smile to my face every time I use it :D:hug:

On an unrelated note: Where are helping set up weddings? On your property? If so, it must be super pretty :) Also, props to you for helping out with Habitat for Humanity. That's something I've wanted to do. Now that I'm done school (well, as of Thursday) I might have to look into finally doing it!

Back on topic: You've got a fieldnotes coming your way :)

mooshi likes this.
  11. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

Thank you! My buddy did a crazy amazing job on it. :D I really dig the look of worn/aged leather, so I think I'll be snapping a shot every month or so to see how it progresses. :)

My family does wedding arrangements; each extended family kind of takes up a different "specialty." Mine does drapes, tables, and chair covers, my aunt does floral arrangements, another does DJ and lighting, one does photography/videography, and another does catering. xD One big happy family. haha! We go out to local places, wherever the bride/groom chooses. :) hehe I wish my property is large enough to hold such events. :p

:) Thank you. HfH is really fun. :D I love doing community projects like this. :) The food bank is another favorite... especially when there are two different groups helping out; we make a competition out of who can pack the most boxes. :p

deepsea, Jerry L, e2dwml and 4 others like this.
  12. Gambit88
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gambit88 Loaded Pockets

I can't wait for those progression shots! I too love the look of leather. Hence my saddleback wallet :D I've looked at some leather covers for fieldnotes but I'm not sure if I want to make the notebook even bigger. I have enough in my pockets haha. That's the problem though, the notebook gets all mangled and I'd rather it stay in one piece. I'm just not sure how I'd like the feel of the cover in my pocket.

It's cool that your family does that together. Your place may not be big enough to hold events at, but at least you don't have to deal with Bridezillas at your house :p

When I think of HfH I think of going overseas and doing it there. I know that they do stuff here in North America as well but I'm not sure if they have any close to me. They might. I know they do run a program in Portugal. It would be cool to do it there and know that I'm helping out people that I have that connection to (I'm of Portuguese descent). That being said, as long as I'm helping someone I'm happy :)

mooshi likes this.
  13. automaticjack

automaticjack Loaded Pockets

A simple folded leather cover. From Waterstones UK.
    [​IMG]

Oh, where did I get that mini one, Mooshi?;) Working it into my carry as I type :)

[​IMG]

14. mauiblue

mauiblue Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

I got this Saddleback Leather pocket Moleskine cover a few weeks ago. I've been trying a couple pens to see which one can be secured to the book/cover and now I've settled on a Pilot mini G-2 gel pen. I slide the whole kit inside my waistband at the small of my back as I patrol the property I work at.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

15. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

I either use the Davis leather field notes cover on the far left in this picture...

[​IMG]

Or carry my Pelle Journal. (midori TN clone)

[​IMG]

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

16. boyo17

boyo17 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I don't know how you all keep your jotters looking so good,,,, mine get used a lot and are wrecked after a couple of weeks so I don't spend a lot of cash on them. This one is a week old :(

[​IMG]

17. O.J.

O.J. Loaded Pockets

I carry a Leuchtturm Reporter notepad for journalling purposes. I was keen on trying the reporter format. I bought it with plain paper and decided I need lined paper. My writing is all over the place and I've also found that Leuchtturm's plain paper isn't nearly as good as their ruled paper. Oh well, 87 pages to go..

[​IMG]

18. O.J.

O.J. Loaded Pockets

Wrecked? Character!

Velvet likes this.
  19. boyo17

boyo17 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I told my wife that the signs of age on my face are character ,,,,,,,, she just laughed :(

mooshi and O.J. like this.
  20. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

Having your notebook inside of a cover of some sort really extends the useful life of the notebook. Most of my pocket notebooks were in shambles in 2-4 weeks until I sprung for the cover. Now they look new aside from the fact that they are slightly butt shaped.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2