1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pocket full of Kryptonite

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by mizedog, Aug 27, 2015.

1. mizedog

mizedog Loaded Pockets

The top piece dried and is in place. This puts the hiking stick at my shoulder height, and I'm 6'4". This will make it great on downhills, and a good height for resting my chin or arms. I might inlay bright maple dowels, or acrylic dots at the foot and inch marks to measure water and snow depth.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

RoadWizard and Nick4305 like this.
  2. mizedog

mizedog Loaded Pockets

Next woodworking projects might be a knife handle, or maybe turning some interesting beads, or a new EDC storage cabinet. Any suggestions?

3. mizedog

mizedog Loaded Pockets

So, I've slacked off on keeping my EDC backpack ready for instant, covert action. I'm out of snack bars, and recently obtained a snack that could be classified as non-finger food. I reached into the pack for my lexan utensils, but was sorely disappointed when I realized they were at home, waiting to be washed.

So, I procured these new, disposable "polymer" tools. No, not an Eatin' Tool, titanium anti-gravity spork, or even a good ol' hobo knife.

But, since they are black in color, would they be considered "tactical"? Maybe just hard to find...

[​IMG]

Edit:
    I just realized how badly my phone's auto correct capabilities are, and fixed the typos. Yikes.

#83 mizedog, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    ramjet and RoadWizard like this.
  4. mizedog

mizedog Loaded Pockets

So, EDF bag update.
    A couple of months ago, I carried stew for lunch in the Rush 24. Of course, it spilled all over the inside which meant a deep cleaning. It's now like new, but gave me call to take out my Russell laptop bag while the Rush 24 dried. It was my first Get Home Bag, but was replaced with a Rush 72 clone.

The Russell is an absolutely boring pack, but doesn't scream tactically like the Rush does. I work in a financial building where tactical or Molle doesn't make sense, or show up at all.

I haven't gone back to the Rush 24 because of the look, and it's weight. I can't believe how heavy the pack is empty compared to the Russell pack. Plus, I felt that since it has so many dedicated pouches, I was always zipping and unzipping. And, adding more and more items to it which added to the weight.

I decided to organize things into pouches and go for that with the Russell. The zipper pulls were replaced by me. So, get ready for the mediocre, the bland, the dirt cheap!

Here are the two packs with the lunch cooler I take to work.
    [​IMG]

This laptop hideaway is unstructured, but is perfect for my iPad 12.9.
    [​IMG]
    Small side pouch. Sometimes the flashlight goes in there.
    [​IMG]

The bottom front pocket.
    [​IMG]
    Water bottle pocket on the opposite side. It holds a 32 Oz. Fuji water bottle.
    [​IMG]
    Front panel open.
    [​IMG]
    Loose items out.
    [​IMG]
    Once at work, this is everything I need to get started (glasses, daily meds/allergy, and earbuds.
    [​IMG]
    All packed
    [​IMG]

All the items in the administration pockets (knife, hand sanitizer spray, Wooben tactical pen, Olight S30R, Note pad, Chums wallet with extra cash and house key).
    [​IMG]

This blowout was the result over packing this as a Get Home Bag, and actually walking almost 12 miles to work as a test. This is getting worse and will probably be much excuse for getting a new pack.
    [​IMG]
    This works well, but because of the thin backing fabric, it takes two hands to remove and replace items.
    [​IMG]

This is how I arrange the main compartment. The lunch bag fits right in. Not much room for extras, though.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Years ago I bought several of the orange bags for a buck each. They are very strong. The black one looks nice, but is much lighter duty.

Charging supplies.
    [​IMG]

The tool shed (Wave and bits, cheap headlamp, etc.)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note: Walmart sells things dirt cheap after Thanksgiving. Got this for two dollars. Combo ditty bag and snack bag.

Obligatory cute animal shot
    [​IMG]

Snacks.
    [​IMG]

Give me a break. I have a wife and two daughters.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#84 mizedog, Feb 4, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    RoadWizard likes this.
  5. mizedog

mizedog Loaded Pockets

My daughter is into Star Wars, and asked for a new lamp for her bedroom. Of course, I look for what we can make together and stumbled on a neat android robot style lamp on etsy. Of, course, I didn't buy her one for the $150 they wanted. Instead, I bought a box full of parts and showed her how to make one. She learned soldering, mapping out plug wiring, patience, and got familiar with my old PST, and the Climber ' s wire stripper. It was a fun project.

Now, she has a lamp, socket, and cell phone cradle.
    [​IMG]

#85 mizedog, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    RoadWizard likes this.