1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pocket carry of new Wave, thoughts.

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by aaamax, Nov 12, 2020.

1. aaamax

aaamax Empty Pockets

Well, I have finally retired the old Xm-18 after 11 years. I decided that I needed a MT at all times. Plus, it was just a matter of time until I got a bad injury from that freakin' blade opening on its on when deployed...
    So a new, old stock, New Wave was in order.

So here is my thought. I have been carrying the Wave for about a week and in the coin pocket of jeans. Seems to ride secure, but it's right at the margin of what I think is a safe carry.

Anyone else carry medium size in coin pocket?

Cheers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I've never tried that, but I could see advantages to it if your coin pocket is deep enough. I have a LM Wave with a pocket clip, but it tends to flop open in the pocket due to fairly free-moving plier-head-to-handle pivots.

On a side note, during COVID, I've been carrying a small bottle of hand sanitizer in my coin pocket.

Nick4305 and GRH like this.
  3. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Personally I'd say that a belt pouch is needed to carry a large MT, I just wouldn't feel that it's safe enough just being clipped to a pocket or poking out of one like that.

Nick4305 and Lateck like this.
  4. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

I have the old wave, and it has a really decent leather sheath. If I carry it for any prolonged time, that’s what I use

[​IMG]

Last edited by aicolainen, Nov 14, 2020
    #4 aicolainen, Nov 14, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  5. aaamax

aaamax Empty Pockets

That's what I'm thinking too, that it is just going to pop out. Hasn't happened yet, but that no one else has done this makes me think that it probably is not a good way to go.
    Just don't want the bulk on the belt for edc.

earthman likes this.
  6. victograph

victograph Loaded Pockets

Have to agree with earthman. You might look for a horizontal carry pouch fir the leatherman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

earthman likes this.
  7. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

To think how easily some pocket clipped knives can come out once sat in a car for example, I can imagine your MT could join them due to it's weight and already poking out that much.

I know what you mean about bulk on belt though, I've done it for years now so don't notice that any more, I just have peace of mind when working in any position that my MT and light are safe and secure.

aaamax likes this.
  8. todo58

todo58 Empty Pockets

Some Levis have deeper watch pockets than others. 569 what I use has a deep enough pocket for my Knipex cobra XS 4"

Lateck likes this.