1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Plumbing answers...ask the A-team

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by SAKplumber, Nov 3, 2013.

1. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I called in Sprinkler Pro, they rebuild a couple of the valves and waked tested the system. 3 days later someone broke a head, I love buying the Hunter pop-ups for $1.29.

2. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Bathroom sink is slow to drain lately. Pulled the p-trap, clean. using 12" pipe cleaners, nothing clogging the drain area. I don't believe the bathroom tub or toilet are slow. Next, retail drain cleaner? Only I use this sink. nothing new in products, or cutting 12" locks off my hair. what hair?

3. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Doesn't have to be hair, can be a lot of different things, if that 12" stick thingy isn't picking anything up the only thing I would suggest is removing the trap underneath and trying the 12" a little further. Then maybe a drain chemical, I never liked them.. but if need be something that is a two part that mixes.. JR

4. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I was under the house a while back, I know the path of the drain. Shower, toilet, then sink- then a massive junction of MBed, kitchen and laundry. thanks.

5. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

6. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I had my Plumber explain that my house (about 2003 build) is like a sealed pressurized water system. He was out for a outside south faucet that keep leaking--replaced. He showed me a 'tank' that attaches above the water heater. when he replaced that faucet, it still leaked a bit, by the next morning it was fine. We stopped that leak by turning on the garage sink. So it kind of makes sense that there is some amount of pressure getting past weak washers/fittings. That tank was under $100 I think. ??? Now my bath shower is leaking a bit.

7. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Well the shower Delta faucet needed a new cartridge. Tried to get the warranty, but it was in this house when I bought it. Home Depot had it a lot cheaper, even the Plumper was surprised.