1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Please upload your images to the forum from an image-hosting site.

Discussion in 'MEMBER RULES, GUIDELINES & ANNOUNCEMENTS' started by scríbhneoir, Nov 18, 2008.

1. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Presently members will have trouble uploading images to the forum site. All the space allocated for images has been used. Until further notice, please upload images in your posts to an image-hosting site. If you need help with where and how to use an image-hosting site, please see this very helpful thread. ;D

If you have uploaded images through the forum, and if you can replace any of them through a hosting site, it would be great if you could do so to free up some space.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Karen

2. kirbysdl
    • In Omnia Paratus

kirbysdl Loaded Pockets

I think I've seen some members get admonished for hotlinking offsite images, i.e. using a HTML tag like {img src="http://offsite.example.com/image.jpeg"}. This is probably for good netiquette and to prevent our forum views from leeching the bandwidth of other sites. (Or is it because it takes our own members longer to load pages?)

If the forums are running out of space, could we perhaps hotlink to sites that allow it?

Or is hotlinking not an issue at all? I can't seem to find it in the rules, so maybe I'm confusing the rules of different Internet forums.

EDIT: I guess I'm confused. Nevermind. :idiot2:

P.S. I'm sure Jon's gotten similar offers before, but I've got some unused bandwidth that I could offer as an image host, etc. If that might be useful, please send me a PM on what sort of bandwidth the images on this site require, etc.

3. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

Will do! I'm sure the photos I've posted here come from my off site photo album, but it can't hurt to double check.

4. Goliath

Goliath Loaded Pockets

And please use a GOOD service like flickr. It's free, fast and reliable without popups. ImageShack should be banned from every forum imo.

5. Aaron SBT

Aaron SBT Empty Pockets