1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Please reply if MacGyver has influenced your gear in some way !

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Awaiting Petrichor, Jun 12, 2012.

1. mole

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

my dad gave me my first knife that was a SAK. so mcguyver was a hero for me ;) sometimes i think richard dean anderson was my EDC role model.

IgwanaRob likes this.
  2. deltic55000

deltic55000 Loaded Pockets

Didnt influence my gear, just a way of thinking... making stuff out of next-to-nothing. I remember the one when he showed some homeless girl how to make a fishing lure from a ring pull.
    It also made me cautious of EDCing and all the gear in fear of being called a McGuyver- but there are worse things to be called I guess!

3. T3no

T3no Empty Pockets

Well, yes, here we love the show.

But again, I live in Argentina, where everything is fixed with wire and tape...

T.H.Cone and tmedina like this.
  4. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

Welcome, T3no. Seems you all are having another round of "excitement" down there; stay safe.

5. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Whenever someone says something akin to "I hate knives" I begin to wonder what they cut with in the kitchen.

Anyhow, MacGyver influenced me into carrying a SAK for 25 years as well as having the forethought for what I might need in certain circumstances. Today, we call that preparedness and everyday carry. I'm 31, starting watching MacGyver in probably the second grade, and submit that I've been a prepper and EDC'er since around 1988, lol.