1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Please help me choose a watch

Discussion in 'Watches' started by mjsturing, Aug 2, 2022.

1. mjsturing

mjsturing Empty Pockets

I'm trying to find a very simple watch that still has phone audio controls.

I'm looking for something that always displays the time and date without having to push a button or flick my wrist and hope for the best, somethink like an analog or lcd watch. I'd like a battery that lasts well over a week so I don't have to worry about it so often. I'd like a bluetooth link with a play/pause button. And I'd like it thoroughly waterproof, which eliminates the Skagen and Fossil watches that look so nice.

It looks like an Amazfit Neo maybe fits the bill, but I'm not sure they're good watches.

The Garmin Vivomove says 5 days, and I don't know if it can be stretched past 7. I don't need a bunch of health monitoring.

Does anyone know of some options? Thanks very much!

Last edited by mjsturing, Monday at 1:18 PM
  2. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

You're right about Amazfit but I don't know that the Neo is the best option. There are others that Amazfit has available with an always on display (AOD) two weeks of battery life. Take a look at the GTS 2 Mini or GTS 4 Mini.

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk

3. mjsturing

mjsturing Empty Pockets

Apparently, Kronaby watches also fit the bill. I'm glad I found that.

4. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

The first watch that comes to mind is the Casio G-shock GBD-200.

However, I don’t have it myself and while it does provide a permanent Bluetooth connection, I can’t find any reference to it featuring music control.

If that’s the case, it’s kind of unfortunate. Having a 2 year battery life, MIP display, bomb proof G-shock construction and quite aggressive pricing, it seems pretty perfect otherwise.

I’ve been interested to try one out for myself, but it appears to be a bit large for my wrist. This thread was enough to revive my interest in it, so I‘ll keep an eye out for good deals and maybe grab one.

5. mjsturing

mjsturing Empty Pockets

A search of "If This Then That" revealed watches from Lotus, Jaguar, Festina, and Kronaby.

aicolainen, I don't think the GBD-200 does that. I can't find any casio watch that claims to support that even though they have many BT watches.

aicolainen likes this.