1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pleasantly surprised with CountyComm

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by landwire, Apr 14, 2018.

1. landwire
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

I'm on their mailing list. Earlier in the week, I see something in the email that catches my attention (The what is not important... maybe?) and I order two of them. The checkout process from my phone was rather simple. Later that afternoon I get an email that my order has shipped. Several days later, my order arrives in the mail.

The shipping and handling was rather reasonable. The ordering processing and shipping out speed was impressive. I would so ordering again... which brings me to a questions.

For years and maybe I'm mixing horror stories together, but I've always avoided ordering from CountyComm because of what folks here have said. That it takes forever to get your stuff or the handling costs are insane or whatever. I do recall a number of years ago where someone here organized a big group purchase just to cut down on the shipping and handling expenses.

So did I get lucky or have CountyComm really improved their service?

2. _mg_

_mg_ Loaded Pockets

I’ve ordered from them 3 or 4 times in the last year and it’s always been a pleasant experience. Emailing them with a question got a quick and direct reply.

As for shipping costs, I tend to wait until I hit the $50 minimum for free shipping, so that hasn’t been an issue. I’ve never had to wait particularly long for a package.

I have no experience prior to about a year ago so I can’t speak to improvement, but I have zero complaints.

HardToHandle likes this.
  3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I did deal with them several years ago -- it was not pleasant. So I stopped. Maybe they brought a new sheriff into town... Like to see what other responses show up on this thread!

Wonder if a Google search would yield anything? Hmm. Not sure if I'm feeling that industrious...

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

4. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

Last time I ordered from them the shipping was exorbitant for as long as it took to get here, but I did get my items without issue. It's been a long time, though.

5. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

I had no problem with my initial purchase from them - it was the after purchase customer service (w/ Mike) that was horrendous.

First and last I'll ever deal with them.

6. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

I ordered a Stainless Maratac AAA light some years back. At the time I saw lots of dissatisfaction with their shipping cost. I had no issues with that one purchase nor their customer service when the clip on the light subsequently broke (a known issue on that light). I e-mailed them and they e-mailed me back with the procedure to get a replacement. I ultimately did not follow through with getting a replacement, opting instead to access a better clip, which ultimately migrated to my current stainless Thorfire TS07. It's one anecdotal experience, so take it for what it's worth, I guess.

7. MatBlack

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

I've been purchasing from them for a long time and I definitely have seen a huge improvement in shipping; both in speed and cost.

8. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

Never had a bad experience with them, it just seems they charge a LOT for shipping and it takes forever to get anything. I’d rather use that jungle place.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  9. Gary Gross

Gary Gross Loaded Pockets

I order about once a month. Flat rate shipping isn't bad. Delivery with tracking in a reasonable time. I'm a satisfied customer.

10. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

I've contacted them on multiple occasions for different items. They are incredibly difficult about international shipping, the shipping they do offer is unnecessarily complex (you basically have to arrange your own middle-man for the overseas transport) and the costs involved make it completely prohibitive to order from them if you don't live in the US. Shame, they have fun stuff!

#10 Westerdutch, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Nick4305 likes this.
  11. Bander124
    • +1 Supporter

Bander124 Loaded Pockets

I think it was a couple years ago they changed how the ship things, flat rate boxes showed up at usps then they have done loads better. I bought from them along time ago and it was 10-15 days no mater what.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

12. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have also had both bad and good experiences with CC in general and in that order too!

They used to have overpriced and slow shipping and handling I feel and now it is greatly improved and I have no reservations about that.

The cheap off shore crap that is some of what they sell is another story though sadly,at least to me.

13. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

From the above responses, it appears that CC has improved on actual shipping, at least within the US. Part of the disappointment I had in the past was difficulty reaching someone who had knowledge and/or ability to resolve issues. Not seeing much feedback on this side -- meaning customer service -- of things. What say y'all? Anyone?

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

14. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

I spoke to that somewhat in my earlier post (#6)...had no issue with getting a response on my issue at that time. I can't say where they are at currently in terms of customer response because they haven't had an item I was truly interested in since that time, so have not ordered recently.

15. themaindude

themaindude Loaded Pockets

I ordered something very recently and was surprised at the quickness with the delivery. In the past it seemed like it would take forever. I always stack items to get free shipping .

16. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

Anyone know who they are using now for international?