1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Plastic boxes to organise equipment in bags

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by Dan2, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Dan2

Dan2 Loaded Pockets

You could use soft plastic refrigerator boxes, to organise your equipment in an EDC-bag, Get Home Bag or Bug Out Bag. For example you could use a small plastic box to contain a first aid kit or electronics kit. What is your opinion about that?

I think they are efficient, lightweight, waterproof and cheap, and they offer optimal space and protection, in comparison to flexible fabric pouches, with elastic bands in it.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  2. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

I use pencil box to keep my eating utensils in and larger school boxes to keep small junk in. If I'm worried about whatever getting wet I put it in a ziploc bag first.

Pick the boxes up after the back to school sales for normally about 25 cents or less.

That Movie Guy likes this.
  3. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

The only problem for me using boxes like that is that they just take more space than they are worth in general.
    If I have something that needs hard sided protection then I might choose one but otherwise I like being able t cram more flexible storage wherever it will fit than those allow.

4. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

For the most part I agree but there are some things I don't want crushed.

5. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Which is why I said in general I prefer soft bags but obviously if I need to protect something I would choose a crush proof box of some kind.

neo71665 likes this.
  6. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

Hmm. This really depends. I typically need to keepsmallitems to geteher so I look for small zip lock bags and small plastic bags in sizes like 2x3in., 3x5in., etc.

I can group small items, individually package surgical gloves, keep tabs togeter, etc.

For things that I want to keep dry or consumables like fire starting tender, I use Glad Wrap. It keeps things tight and river and rain proof. The same thing works well when packing small items for a trip.

For real protection, I have Ottrboxes and baby soda bottles but those don't get used very much.

Sent from my LG-V520 using Tapatalk