1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Plain Watch Without Branding

Discussion in 'Watches' started by VKX, Aug 16, 2014.

1. VKX

VKX Loaded Pockets

Looking for a super simple and boring watch for when I'm traveling.

Analog preferred. No brand name or funny graphics on the face. Just hands and marks.

I don't know why this bothers me as much as it does, but I can't get over it. I just hate seeing CASIO or whatever else in big letters on my watch face or case and little tiny letters are even worse. Why can't they put this stuff on the back of the watch or something?

I'm googling around and so far I've only found Uniform Wares, but their least expensive watch is over two hundred bucks for what sounds like poor water resistance.

2. IThinkTooMuch

IThinkTooMuch Loaded Pockets

Have you considered opening up the case and obscuring the name brand? Not much of a financial risk with a $30 Casio or Timex. If you're like me, enlist the help of your local watch shop to avoid damaging it.

3. archimedes

archimedes EDC Junkie!!!

Some of the less expensive Marathon watches are available with a "sterile" (unbranded) dial ....

Maratac might be another option, too.

It is also possible to get custom dials for popular watches, such as the Seiko SKX007, although installation would likely require assistance.

There are also a few expensive brands that make "flieger" watches without a logo ... including Archimede and Stowa.

madeofducktape likes this.
  4. Soosh

Soosh Loaded Pockets

My MKII has only a tiny logo under the 6. If you don't focus on it, it just looks like a minute mark.
    [​IMG]
    (Mine has different hands and bezel though, and it's discontinued, so not helpful.)

On a more helpful note, you can get Yobokies or MCWW to make you a custom Seiko with a sterile dial any time. If you look at 10watches (Dagaz), they have a whole catalog page of dials, many of which are sterile. Just e-mail them and have them build you a watch with the dial, hands, case, etc you want.

CatsTide likes this.
  5. madeofducktape

madeofducktape Loaded Pockets

As mentioned above, stowa makes some nice flieger style watches.

6. FL Woods Bum
    • In Omnia Paratus

FL Woods Bum Your Grace!

Check outASIN: B005MYAM7A on Amazon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Foxwalk

Foxwalk Loaded Pockets

Seiko 5. Good watches and very affordable.