1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

places in PA with gas

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Swedish169, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Swedish169

Swedish169 Loaded Pockets

i'm reaching out to all the PA residents. do any of you live along the I-78 or I-80 corridor and know of towns that have gasoline with-out any type of rationing (plate # or volume/price), and less than 1hr wait that are close to the NJ border? my town has even/odd plate rationing, and $20max purchase. wait time is usually 2-4 hours.

please, no google-fu. i realize that there's websites telling you where to get gas, but they're not reliable. by the time you get there it's a 4hr wait and they run empty before you get to the pump. so if you post random links you found on google it won't help me.

2. MR24927
    • In Omnia Paratus

MR24927 Loaded Pockets

I'm sorry man I have this issue in New York as well

3. Warfusion
    • In Omnia Paratus

Warfusion Loaded Pockets

We should have gas this week in NY was on TVs we got gas in the pipeline. Hopefully PA will get some in a few days. Does the state website in PA not mention it?

Sent from my Android toothbrush!

4. MR24927
    • In Omnia Paratus

MR24927 Loaded Pockets

Hopefully , but I am on a full tank

5. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

I'm on the other side of the state but I'll keep an eye on this thread and keep giving it the BUMP.

Hope you can find some fuel.

6. Cobra4246
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cobra4246 Loaded Pockets

If you are on 80 get off the bear creek exit there are stations part way down the mountian in blakslee

7. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I haven't been following the gas shortage that closely. But I don't understand why it is so hard to getting gas is still so hard almost a week after the storm. It almost seems like someone wants the shortage to continue.

8. tacticalchef

tacticalchef Loaded Pockets

There was an interruption in the gasoline supply, there is a significant increase in demand, and the media is stirring the pot. When the media says "gas is in short supply" people who don't really need gas panic and go get on line.

People from the impacted areas are traveling further to find gas. 90 miles north of NYC half the gas stations have been emptied of gas and are closed. Gov't reports that the gas crisis will be over by mid-week. In coming weeks I will be increasing my emergency reserve.

9. Halligan

Halligan Loaded Pockets

Can't help with PA but in southern NJ there are no restrictions (I live near Exit 3, the local news which would cover up to Exit 5 or so hasn't reported any issues at all locally)

10. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

Bump.

Let's help out.

11. Swedish169

Swedish169 Loaded Pockets

Initially it was because gas stations had no electricity to run pumps, now the problem is that Sandy knocked our refinery's offline. They're still not all operational as of 11/4 (I think 2 are still down), once they're running we need to build inventory. Christie just waived a NJ Law forbidding import of gas from out of state, which is helping somewhat.

12. jallison12

jallison12 Loaded Pockets

Still lots of gas problems on Lond Island. I waited in line for 6hrs yesterday. In hindsight I think the station ran out hours before but word never made it back. Every now and again we would all creep forward, but (again in hindsight) I think that was just spaces from people giving up. Went out this morning. Went out again this morning. 3 of 4 local stations open but lines were literally miles long. The one I lined up at yesterday was not functional, probably didn't get resupplied overnight.

I've been pretty lucky through the storm, no damage to people or property and have power on every night and some parts of the day. Just gas is the main thing.

Also there is a site and an app called GasBuddy which is supposedly giving info on which stations are open or not. I've found it not particularly helpful but thought I would share. This link is the one for finding a place open:
    http://gasbuddy.com/sandy/

Stay safe everyone

13. Blitzkrieg
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzkrieg Loaded Pockets

12 counties in NJ are under order by the governor to ration gas by odd - even numbers. I live in Linden, Union County, we have one of the largest refineries on the East Coast and its not even operating. The Buckeye Pipeline is shut, the docking areas for the crude oil tankers have been destroyed, and without electricity the refineries don't function anyways.

That being said, if you do drive into PA for gas try to go to a place off the beaten path a little ways. Most people from NY & NJ have the same idea as you - to stick close to the interstate highways. I have friends out there and I'm hearing that Stroudsburg, Tannersville, Bartonsville and the other towns off Rt 80 right over the border have been inundated by out of state residents.

14. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

That's because those places are easy to get to and vacation spots during the summer month's. Also due to the fact they have an outlet mall there.

15. johnny rodriguez

johnny rodriguez Loaded Pockets

gas is getting scarce out on the upper east coast, I traveled to conn. twice today from long island to get gas for work on monday for me and my girl friend

16. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Those of us from Oil States...well, former Oil States have seen how fragile the supply can be. While the government buys a strategic reserve there really isn't as much inventory as people think. All the available fuel to the market clears on a daily basis at what ever price the commodity market decides based on auction.

Then there is the local effect, that ability to supply locally is truncated and I imagine for awhile what is normally piped in and cracked will be trucked in as finished product from outside the region spreading the shortage somewhat.

The news creates excess demand, in an environment of reduced supply. It make perfect sense that there are going to be shortages.

I wonder if some of the capped wells here will be uncapped.

17. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

18. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

I doubt they will uncap those well Jon as they claim it would take much more money to get those wells going again then it would take to start a new well. I was watchiing a show on oil on the History Channel maybe a year ago and this was one of the claims the government made.

19. Blitzkrieg
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blitzkrieg Loaded Pockets

God I hate The Crossings except for weekday mornings. I've sat in half hour traffic just to get around that mess during Thanksgiving.

20. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

When I would travel to upstate NY that was the route I would take 80 to 380 north and I hated passing that area.