1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

pistol caliber carbine

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by les snyder, Dec 30, 2016.

1. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

the 3 gun thread didn't attract much attention, but this one might... USPSA is trying out a new division... Pistol Caliber Carbine (PCC)... limited to straight wall pistol calibers that can shoot on shorter pistol length ranges, and not damage any steel targets... I haven't touched my G34 for at least 1/2 year, working out the load for my AR 9mm PCC...if you have some basic rifle skills, and understand the safety rules, it allows you to get into the practical sport with a minimum of equipment... a couple of magazines and some pouches, and you are in business... my 9mm has a billet New Frontier Armory Glock lower... rest is basic AR15 with blowback bolt system... it is a lot of fun, you might give it a try... it isn't pretty, but so far works well (1500+ rounds)

[​IMG]

twin63 and gazz98 like this.
  2. 9x19

9x19 Loaded Pockets

That looks like a lot of brake for a 9mm... I like it.

I shrank mine a few years ago... it's built on an older Lone Wolf receiver... great little carbines.

[​IMG]

gazz98 likes this.
  3. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

9x19... the brake has been converted into a Miculek style...trying to keep the dot from moving...main problem so far has been trying to load only one 9mm cartridge for both the G34 and the PCC...

4. gazz98

gazz98 Loaded Pockets

Sigh.

Me: "Hey honey...I think I need a 9mm carbine...."

Wife: "Not again...."

twin63 likes this.
  5. Yablanowitz

Yablanowitz Loaded Pockets

Oh goody. Time to break out my Thompson again. It was a big hit at the last DCM match I shot it in.

6. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have a CX4 Storm and a Sub2000 both in 9mm and really like them both but the only competition I do is with myself.
    The Beretta takes the same mag as my M9 and the Keltec takes Glock mags.
    Together with the pistols they are great pairs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nikos01 likes this.
  7. MountainMedic

MountainMedic Loaded Pockets

Ah the Thompson....I have wanted one for so long. Is yours reliable? Is it hard to find magazines?

8. Yablanowitz

Yablanowitz Loaded Pockets

I've never had it miss a beat. Feeds and fires everything without a hitch, accurate out to 200 meters at least (I've never tried it at longer ranges). The magazines used to be pretty common at gun shows, but I haven't looked for them in many years. I bought mine back around 1979.

9. tbirdowner86

tbirdowner86 Empty Pockets

I just purchased a Kel-Tec Sub 2k gen 1. It takes Berretta Type 94 mags. it came with 3-15 round and 2-30 round mags. The previous owner installed recoil buffer and check cover. The bolt doesn't lock open due to the buffer, but cycles very clean and smooth. It has the original fore-grip, but I want to change it. Not that I have a lot of attachments, just guess going for the tacticool look. I know I can just add on rail segments if attachments are purchased.