1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pins/Conchos/Ect

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Spade115, May 23, 2017.

1. Spade115

Spade115 Loaded Pockets

I was wondering does anyone have pins they wear on their edc jacket/backpack. I have a JerzeeDevil forums pin on my old EDC Bag I still need to move over to my new EDC bag. And several on my Denim riding jacket. (Champion Plugs, AAR Cuda Logo, and a few others)
    one of my Pins

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

I am currently looking to purchase a pin (older Oakley Pin)
    [​IMG]

I have conchos on my Denim Jacket. Small ones for the arms and larger ones for the sides.

2. YankeeHotelFoxtrot

YankeeHotelFoxtrot Loaded Pockets

Hi Spade115,

While this doesn't qualify as EDC, I do have a rather substantial lapel pin collection, numbering somewhere around 3,000. I've got them mounted on 5 cork boards in my office. They range from baseball and basketball-related, to various scientific and aerospace companies and departments, travel destination-related, and many corporate brand pins. My collection started on a Yankees cap, where I placed team and stadium pins of ballparks that I visited. Then I began adding non-baseball pins to the cap. Soon, the hat became too heavy to wear (LOL). So, I migrated the collection to a cork board and went on from there.

It's been enjoyable finding a pin for something that interested me; I've been fortunate enough to have various government agencies send me pins free of charge if they had extras lying around. I was even able to get 4 or 5 pins from the European Space Agency absolutely free, while our own NASA agency charges for them.

Moshe ben David and Spade115 like this.
  3. Spade115

Spade115 Loaded Pockets

Thats AWESOME man!! Hey you never know you might end up carrying a pin with you when you go places lol. I always tend to have one on me for some odd reason. (I had one in my pocket yesterday...seriously no clue why...)

I need to reorganize what I carry pinned to my edc bag and my jacket. (Stays in car unless I need and use on the bike. Always have my pirate flag on there too Patch/Pin)

4. karlito
    • +1 Supporter

karlito Loaded Pockets

I pick up pins when I travel and stick them on the molle of my boonie hat.
    [​IMG]

I also often remove the pin and replace it with Velcro and slap it on the loop field of my bags.
    [​IMG]

sent from your mamma's house

Spade115 and YankeeHotelFoxtrot like this.
  5. YankeeHotelFoxtrot

Karlito,

what is the 3rd pin from the left in the top photo, the one with the concentric circles and wavy horizontal lines?

thanks!
    YHF

6. Spade115

Spade115 Loaded Pockets

Thats awesome man!

I currently picked up some leather suspenders (Always wanted some) and it came with some of the cleanest, nicest, fanciest conchos.....so I replaced them with the mini VTwin ones I had on my denim jacket lol.

7. karlito
    • +1 Supporter

karlito Loaded Pockets

Princess Cruise line's logo. From my honeymoon

sent from your mamma's house

8. YankeeHotelFoxtrot

Karlito,

Nice... Last July I went on a Royal Caribbean cruise. I checked everywhere on the ship for a RC lapel pin that I could buy. They looked at me as if I had 3 heads. The only pin made for RC is a "luxury member" (or some such nonsense) which you get when you spend lots of money on several cruises. You can't buy one. As a matter of fact, there isn't a RC pin to be found anywhere, of their logo or anything. Odd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9. Spade115

Spade115 Loaded Pockets