1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pilot G-2.

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by jackknife, Oct 2, 2020.

1. jackknife

jackknife Loaded Pockets

For literally 50 years I carried and used an old Cross ball point pen as my writing tool. It worked well, and had sentimental attachment since my dad gave it to me when I enlisted in the army. He told me to write home every week and I did, no matter what corner of the world I found myself in.

But...age and the revenges of time has gifted me with some arthritis issues in my hands, and the skinny smooth body of the Cross is now a castle to use. I've been using much to my surprise, a Pilot G-2 that chance put in my way when I had to sign some papers. I love the smooth, almost fountain pen feel of the thing as I write. Not to mention the vivid lines of blue are easier on the old eyes to read and keep track of.

Anyone else a fan of the Pilot G-2???

I've been using the 07, but lately picked up a 10, and its a very vivid flowing line of ink on the paper. Makes signing a check almost fun.

2. kukla

kukla Loaded Pockets

Yes, big fan of the G-2 here.
    The pens last forever, comfortable to hold, refills available & inexpensive.
    Wish the ink was waterproof, though.

3. Jim Hughes

Jim Hughes Loaded Pockets

There are several Pen makers Products that will accept a G-2 refill. Pilot Metropolitan is my current Fave. Kara's Kustoms and Tactile Turn take them. I love the Black ink in 0.5 or thinner lines.

4. Sentinel-14

Sentinel-14 Loaded Pockets

Big fan of the Pilot G2, especially in 0.5mm. I use the regular G2 click pen at work, and I carry a G2 cartridge in my pocket-carried Machine Era Original Pen.

5. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

Big fan of the Pilot G2.
    What is even better is that many pens are refill compatible with the G2.

6. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

This is the reason I moved away from the G-2. Getting water on something you wrote doesn't happen every day, but often enough to look for an alternative. The hybrid inks (like Schmidt Easy Flow) give a good writing feel similar to gel, while combining better water resistance. Any of the hybrid ink pens are a good choice for Rite in the Rain type products, as are Sharpies---unless you're literally writing in the rain--then a Space Pen refill works better.

7. ecksdog

ecksdog Loaded Pockets

Any of the Uniball rollerballs are as nice as
    G2’s and have waterproof inks.

8. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

I love the way G2 writes. Very smooth.

9. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

I prefer the G2 to the Uniball. I really like to take notes with the 0.38 ultra fine in black. I always grab a 0.7 in blue for just about anything else.

Sent from my LG-V520 using Tapatalk

#9 adnj, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  10. grub

grub Loaded Pockets

Do the unibal refills fit the G2 compatible pens?