1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pill Fob Questions

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by lancenat, Aug 24, 2018.

1. lancenat

lancenat Empty Pockets

Hey all,

I'll post my EDC daily carry soon as it's part of my question but for those who do carry a pill fob, do you guys have separate ones for pills?

I'm right now using a altoid tin to store a little ziploc bag of advil, melatonin and gravol. Different shapes and sizes so easy to pick out but if swapping over to pill fobs do the pills for the most part stack on top of each other?

Any recommended 'cheap' brands so I can give it a try? Or are there any longer ones that has like 3 compartments similar to protein shakers (only thing I can think of as an example haha) where you can stake your pills, protein powder, then the actual bottle part?

Appreciate the help! :)

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

2. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

While I don't use a pill for for pills (earplugs), I would simply stack them with maybe some tissue between the different types.
    You can get various sizes off of eBay (from China) for nickels a piece to try and see what works best for you.

sent from your mamma's house

3. lancenat

lancenat Empty Pockets

Thanks! That's actually a solid idea; do you use disposable ear plugs or do you have the nicer ones?

4. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

The nicer one, I really dislike the idea of disposable everything. I've seen the exact same fobs at stores for literally 5x the cost of the eBay ones.

sent from your mamma's house

ProjeKtWEREWOLF likes this.
  5. assassin10000

assassin10000 Loaded Pockets

Plenty of ebay ones that are cheap. County comm has a bunch of items that could be used and IIRC they have a 2 compartment one. On the expensive side there are the Cogent pillpots.

If you only need to store a couple of each and want a very small format you could use the DQG waterproof capsule and buy extra extensions that work with them to hold as many different types as you wanted. They sell thru hole and non-thru hole extensions. You can lego as many together as you want if you want to store more of something.

I currently use one to hold both a pair of earplugs as well as 2 aleeve in a second compartment for the base using the cap from their lighter.

[​IMG]

Last edited by assassin10000, Aug 28, 2018
    #5 assassin10000, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    garza and Nick4305 like this.
  6. lancenat

lancenat Empty Pockets

Thanks, those look interesting. I'll take a look into those!

7. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Figured I'd jump in. I have a very generic SS screw top fob that I picked up years ago at Walmart in the section of the store with other cheap camping etc items. It has an o-ring so seals pretty tight. Small diameter so only really works with things like gel-caps but can hold a 'typical' dosage of two caps end to end. No idea what I paid for it but I will bet it was cheaper than :censored: near anything else of this genre... Works for me when I need it. Which these days I do...!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

8. lancenat

lancenat Empty Pockets

Thanks Mosche! Didn't know they sold them there! Nice to be able to actually see them before just jumping the gun on trials. Will definitely take a look at them!

9. swedishelite22

swedishelite22 Loaded Pockets

When I looked into a fob for pills everything I found at local shops were too big for easy pocket carry IMO. There were also a lot of comments on cheaper ones that they didn't hold out water/moisture and/or left a taste on the meds.

In the end I bit the bullet and bought one of these...

GUS Original Pill Fob, Made in USA, Stainless Steel Keychain Pill Holder, AAA Battery Holder https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MY9JR0E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Iy0HBbSXY8FET

They come in 3-4 sizes depending on which you want and can be used for other purposes obviously. I get 5 pills in it (3 of which being Tylenol capsule size). I can take pics of you'd like.

I've had mine for ~3-4 months and can't complain.

10. BillSXT2002

BillSXT2002 Loaded Pockets

I agree with checking out countycomm. They have a variety of sizes, and you can get some string to loop through the holes to keep them together. You can even get colors to color code your capsules.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

11. lancenat

lancenat Empty Pockets

Thanks guys, unfortunately, I'm located in Canada so some places don't ship there. But been looking at the ones with multiple compartments but we'll see if I can pick up one that's not like $55 for one.

12. SOS24
    • +1 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I just use an old chapstick tube that I cut the screw post off. It isn’t waterproof or segmented into multiple compartments but it works for me just to hold together and prevent crushing. I carry in a pocket organizer with some other items.

If you wanted to make a keychain, a mini eye hook screwed into the base with some glue or epoxy for extra hold.

karlito likes this.
  13. lancenat

lancenat Empty Pockets

So I sprang on two different sized ones from Aliexpress - will definitely try it out and see how I feel about it. Thanks for all the tips/suggestions!