1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pics Of your edc Bag! Part 2

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Dr Jekell, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MountNormal

MountNormal Loaded Pockets

A day at the Lake...

[​IMG]

vinniec5, SeL, Trikie and 9 others like this.
  2. lildannigurl

lildannigurl Loaded Pockets

I have been looking at that same bag...same color and everything lol...curious how it hangs and how versatile it really is etc.., I've watched the videos but would rather hear from an actual user.

nightowl and Norse Scots like this.
  3. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

I had the smaller FatBoy and I really liked it. But because I'm so small, I had to trade for the newer/current version with the waist retention strap. hahaha :) Easy to sling around when you need stuff. It was great. :) Then I gave it away in the last forum-wide GAW.

I don't carry much, so while the FatBoy didn't have a water holder, my 16 ounce CamelBak bottle fit inside (albeit taking up half the space) along with whatever else I needed for the day. Loved it for short outings. But half-day and day-long outings with friends required more and so I got a Sitka so that it could carry more snacks for the group as well as a light jacket.

4. mniels
    • In Omnia Paratus

mniels Loaded Pockets

Ile likes this.
  5. lildannigurl

Thanks mooshi, I am also kinda small so I don't want a bag that is bigger than me hahaha :p , but Norse was showing me this bag and just looks perfect for what I need. I am out in the woods or on the water a lot and like to stay organized so I'm not spending all my time looking for that dang cereal bar I know I put in there some where :(...did you like the way it hung on you? I can be kind of picky when I need to be hands free. I am thinking about a backpack style for longer extended trips however, this one seems perfect to just grab and go on a half day hike.

Norse Scots likes this.
  6. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

I found that if you tighten the waist strap it works fine. I'd taken it out to the playground running after a toddler and it performed well. haha Just keep in mind that I only had the smaller Fat Boy and the water bottle was nestled inside. :p The storm collar was also taken off by the previous owner. That thing tends to get in the way, I think.

I'm pretty picky about how the bag hangs (I don't like purses). It was alright. I had mine hang at about 5 o' clock and tightened waist strap there.

7. SgtTacDad104

SgtTacDad104 Loaded Pockets

Close....Its a MOAB 10 Single strap...sling pack style.

8. SgtTacDad104

Thanks, yeah I love this pack! On the front I have a Mil Spec Monkey Steath Admin / Utility pouch in Multicam.
    The OD green is a Maxpedition Janus Extension pouch, which I have threaded the shoulder of the MOAB 10 thru the back. Its great for quick grab and go items that I can access quickly while wearing the pack.

9. lildannigurl

I don't like purses either, thanks for all the info really helpful.

Norse Scots likes this.
  10. SgtTacDad104

11. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

Sweet. Thanks for the response. I've been looking for something that fit well on the front. I'll have to take a look at the Stealth Admin. The Janus extension looks like a good idea too....

12. SgtTacDad104

You might also want to check out Zulu Nylon Gear.....just google them not sure if can post website links on this forum. They have a few good admin pouches that I have in my collection.

13. zombieslayer001

I can tell you from experience that the mega admin is just huge! You could fit a Glock in it and still have lots of room! (tried it with a friends Glock 17) that why I swapped for a TT admin pouch enhanced.

14. zombieslayer001

You know, I have to admit those colors are kinda cool for a... a... Mmmmmmmm ax.... ped...... Uh I have such a hard time with that word! ;-)

lildannigurl likes this.
  15. lildannigurl

Hahaha oh I like just about anything green :p and I'm not into the tactical look... I agree about the colors :D

Norse Scots likes this.
  16. MountNormal

I love it...I carry it everyday..I take it on day excursions..and I can pack enough clothes in it when planning to spend the night at my "special lady friend" 's house....the water bottle holder kicks :censored:...I added a Maxped hook and loop organizer to the CCW pocket, which is nice...I like the slip pocket where the strap meets in the back for my knife...my cellphone goes in the front pocket under the flap, very easy access...some people don't like the storm flap but I have used it on occasion and wouldn't want to not have it when I need it...it sits really nice on my hip/love handle...so overall, it's pretty freakin' sweet in my opinion...

17. lildannigurl

Thanks a ton for all the info...I'm super excited about getting mine. You've totally sold me on it :D well lol I was pretty sold before but you pushed me over the monetary cliff as it were :p

Norse Scots likes this.
  18. Melders

Melders Loaded Pockets

man, im just as addicted to looking at these posts as the "show us your edc" thread. i just wish people posted on here as religiously :(

kowboy and lildannigurl like this.
  19. ty_higg

ty_higg Loaded Pockets

Well heres some more pictures for you.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. MountNormal

Just in case you needed another "push"...The shoulder strap seems to be designed to slide within the shoulder pad...so the pad stays in place while the strap slides through, allowing the bag to move when you need it to. Also, the waist strap really does take the weight off your shoulder if you need it to (I don't use it a lot because I don't like to overload the bag)...also, also...I hear that some of the older versions don't have a drag handle, I didn't think that would be all that bad but as my bag does have the drag handle I find it very useful, it's just nice/easy to grab and carry if you're not going very far...The bag is initially pretty stiff but "loosens up" rather quickly and seems to "form" to your body...and then to top it all off, it's tough as freakin' nails. I think that's it...I love my "man bag"/"murse" and I'm not ashamed to call it that...Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine...

Norse Scots likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.