1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pics Of your edc Bag! Part 2

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Dr Jekell, Jun 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

Definitely still a beta product, but what it does, it does very well. I like it better than any smart phone I've used.

sent from a device without a real keyboard, sorry for things that don't make sense.

SAKplumber likes this.
  2. Cave_Canem

Cave_Canem Empty Pockets

Here is my new T3 Gear Hans Pack..So far I really like it, it's a nice size, very high quality(National Buckles, stitching on par with my Kifaru), nice organization, well designed. The two side pockets actually fit a Nalgene or even a Liberty Bottle. The beavertail portion expands a good amount, the mesh is extremely heavy stuff. My new edc pack over my 3DAP and Marauder.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. CSM-101
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

CSM-101 EDC Junkie!!!!!

:inlove: This is what I love (and hate) about this forum... so much cool stuff that I didn't know about and now can't live without... :furious::rolleyes::rofl:

4. thatsalligot

thatsalligot Loaded Pockets

[​IMG] just this for now ;)

Hartigan, mbakes, Idox and 2 others like this.
  5. Orlando Marquez

Orlando Marquez Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My EDC on steroids. RUSH24.

6. F-Bobby

F-Bobby EDC Junkie

So just went through all 129 pages of this thread. Figured I may as well add my own

The small bag is a cheap Smith and Wesson M&P that I picked up from Midway. I use it for quick trips down the store and days when im staying local. I picked it up as a test to see if it would be good size and would work for what I needed it too. It will probably be getting upgraded to a Vanquest Vslinger or a MaxPed Jumbo (not sure which yet, but I'm leaning towards the Vanquest).
    Then I've got my MOAB 10 which is my normal EDC bag that I've been thinking about replacing with a Vanquest Javelin. I'll post some close up pics of the bag in the EDC dump thread.
    The big one is my Rush 24 which is what I use when I'm gonna be away from home for a couple of days.
    [​IMG]

Spike190, zuntax, scbubba and 6 others like this.
  7. pgauti

pgauti Loaded Pockets

Just my sitka maxpedition, my daily EDC bag ! Awasome bag !!! [​IMG]

Tapé avec les pouces et envoyé en mode mobile. Excusez la brièveté

scbubba, Unagi42, Merc and 1 other person like this.
  8. JohnJones

JohnJones Loaded Pockets

That's not just any old bag. That's a reproduction of the Belstaff Colonial 554 (about $750) that Will Smith used in I Am Legend. I bought one like yours (not the original), but got sick of the buckles. Besides, it was barely long enough to fit my umbrella without it laying sorta diagonally.

thefrank and mbakes like this.
  9. JohnJones

JohnJones Loaded Pockets

I glued my catches down with super glue like they suggest, but I got tired (really fast) of having to undo the straps (especially the ones on the side) every single time I need to get something. I tried leaving the straps a little loose but that didn't help much. I ended up scrapping the bag and getting a "traditional" canvas messenger bag with a large flap and not even so much as a zipper to be found. And let me tell you, I am 1000% happier.

10. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

I actually really like the belts on the side. The main ones don't bother me much, but I also don't use the zipper unless its raining. The thing is too cheap to work right.

And, yeah, not big enough for anything but the tiniest umbrellas. That doesn't bother me, because I don't use umbrellas.

I very much prefer it to the more normal mail bags, which I have like 6 of. They never stay closed and piss me off.

sent from a device without a real keyboard, sorry for things that don't make sense.

11. thefrank

thefrank Loaded Pockets

I was actually just looking for a vintage canvas bag and found the Chinese version first, then found out about the Belstaff Colonial and that it was featured in the movie (I actually watched it in the movie theater back then but of course did not remember the bag). moostapha also posted some more background information on Belstaff. The original Colonial bag was apparently still reasonably priced but when they started to place their products in movies they decided to double their prices and decrease the quality. The Chinese bags seem to come in different sizes and also the quality varies. I got the smallest version and I am very happy with the size, it perfectly fits my notepad, my umbrella and if necessary some baby supplies. The zippers will certainly break one day but overall I am pretty impressed with the quality of mine. And the buckles haven't bothered me so far, I think the magnetic clips are actually more practical than the belts on the original belts.

12. VoodooChicken

VoodooChicken Loaded Pockets

13. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

Actually, the one that was in movie was the $3-400 556. That was one of the things that lead to the buyout.

They don't make that exact color combination anymore.

And I have no idea if our how the quality changed.

The post-buyout placement seems mostly to be jackets.

thefrank likes this.
  14. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

What bag is that, looks like a TT? Where did you get it from? Thanks.

15. rickboone

rickboone Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

scbubba, SAKplumber and Merc like this.
  16. rickboone

rickboone Loaded Pockets

What's the notebook?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

thefrank likes this.
  17. VoodooChicken

VoodooChicken Loaded Pockets

It's a Tad Gear lightspeed with Zulu Nylon mega admin.

18. thefrank

thefrank Loaded Pockets

Small notepad holder from Saddleback (for 8x5). These are some pictures I took when I got it a few months ago:

[​IMG]

19. Chris C

Chris C Loaded Pockets

Wow really?!? Looks a lot cleaner than most of the pics of seen of it usually with all of the straps. Do you have any other pics of your set up?

20. JohnJones

JohnJones Loaded Pockets

If you order directly from Belstaff, you can get the bag for about $150 cheaper than they sell them on Ebay. Here's some of a review that I found on the web:

"Worse ...they are not even super strong magnets. The claps can be simply knocked open by brushing past something. No chance of cinching down the top flap - given there is no internal skirt to the bag, that is unforgivable IMO - a pickpockets dream bag.

Before anyone asks if this is a knock-off - nope. I bought the bag direct from Belstaff, from their Manchester shop. The older 554's had stitched on buckles (as they should be), but in the interests of convenience, all the new 554's have magnetic buckles. So if you are in the market for one, do check which type of fastener is on the bag, lest you be horribly disappointed.

That said, it's a keeper I think. Even if I have to give the bag to a saddler and get the buckles stiched on properly. I love every other aspect about it and I will find a solution to this buckle nonsense. I repeat - what were you thinking Belstaff?

Could this bag be better? Yes. Obviously I would like to see the buckles properly stitched on. But also the large internal pocket would benefit from a skirt with a drawstring to make sure that multiple small items cant fall out. Same for the side pockets - they only have a thick leather flap over them and small items could easily fall out. That means you either have to restrict them to large items, or put stuff in pouches. Not a biggie I suppose. I would also like to see the base and top lid, waxed. Something I could do myself with a tin of Barbour wax, but on a bag of this price, it would be nice to see it from the factory. On the whole though, this is a great bag. It is very comfortable to wear, it's very adjustable, it moulds to your body, it has a good capacity, it feels nice, it hangs well and it looks great. It's not perfect and it's definitely not technical in any way, but it's beautifully made and harkens back to a more romantic time. You can keep all your ballistic nylon, molle, malice clips and wotnot."

thefrank likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.