1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pics Of your edc Bag! Part 1

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by mtn_guy_79, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigguy02

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

Im pretty sure I will be, actually im going to be buying 2.

2. dirkw2

dirkw2 Loaded Pockets

Here you go! Maxpedition Jumbo in high vis orange! Needless to say, I'm not trying to hide from anyone. Usually this EDC is in support of my kids: water, keys, FAK, sunglasses, snacks, and some just-in-case stuff. What you can't see is the Janus pouch attached to the upper right with tac-ties. I found it is better attached down low on the panel rather than having it on the strap with the quick release. You get less jiggle. You can see the "fun meter" peaking out on the right.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17371115/maxped%20jumbo%20high%20vis.jpg
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17371115/maxped%20on%20the%20mtn.JPG

3. sweetdaddyroses

sweetdaddyroses Loaded Pockets

4. Haubitz

Haubitz Loaded Pockets

I must be stupid but I’m not sure I understand how you’ve got your Janus attached. I’ve got a Jumbo as my EDC and I’m thinking about getting a Janus. It would be nice to see a picture of how you have got it attached.

LanWolf likes this.
  5. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Did a little modification to the bag, just a little makes a big diff, all i did was the zipper pulls, changed them from olive drab, to black reflective paracord, and rather then knots at the end i put, glow in the dark ends and one whistle tip, JR
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. dirkw2

dirkw2 Loaded Pockets

Actually that's at the top of the Mt. Baldy ski lift about 2 weeks ago. Took the boys up there for some tubing. Something that I did with reckless abandoned down steep fresh snow on metal and wood sleds as a kid in the Midwest has now been turned into a highly controlled, somewhat boring, EXPENSIVE and safe activity that only lasts for 2 hour increments. Thank you trial lawyers for that one! Love and miss the snow though.

7. dirkw2

dirkw2 Loaded Pockets

Not stupid at all. I had to physically have it on the bag until I realized how it would attach. Will post a pic tonight.

8. TheMadTrucker

TheMadTrucker Loaded Pockets

This is my Sabercat. This bag is awesome so far. Its big enough for my iPad.

FRONT
    [​IMG]

BACK
    [​IMG]

Main compartment contents. My iPad is the blue thing in the front
    [​IMG]

One side pocket
    [​IMG]

The other side pocket
    [​IMG]

Top Pocket
    [​IMG]

Top zippered mesh pocket
    [​IMG]

Front pocket
    [​IMG]

9. dirkw2

dirkw2 Loaded Pockets

Pics of Janus on Jumbo. It may look like it crowds the side pocket but when worn, it is quite easy to access both the Janus and the side pocket.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Haubitz

Haubitz Loaded Pockets

Thank you for taking the time of posting additional pictures. Looks good. :thumbsup:

11. mus4shi

mus4shi Empty Pockets

keep it coming!

12. mus4shi

mus4shi Empty Pockets

Hihi, i'm interested in getting a ATS cobra and wondering if anyone can advise me where to find one .. used or new

13. secondechomatt

secondechomatt Loaded Pockets

Here is my new Falcon II, in khaki foliage. I added a 10x4 water bottle holder in foliage and a single sheath for my flashlight, also in foliage. It's my current edc, with a 15.6" laptop in a sleeve in the main compartment. I'll do a loadout thread soon.

[​IMG]

14. Mud

Mud Loaded Pockets

id say watch the sale threads at all the major forums.. most of the sites that sell ATS are out of cobras

goodluck

15. mus4shi

mus4shi Empty Pockets

thanks , sharing my edc with all .. will list the stuffs in there another times.
    [​IMG]

16. jasso

jasso Empty Pockets

[​IMG]

Here is my Rush24. Pic taken last summer which was quite warm here in F-land and needed some extra waterbottles.

17. sweetdaddyroses

sweetdaddyroses Loaded Pockets

jasso, welcome to the forum! what pouches are you using for your water bottles? 5.11's 6 x 10 vertical pouch doesn't zip all the way down like yours appear to--i don't believe?

18. jasso

jasso Empty Pockets

Thanks mate!

Here's link:

http://www.condoroutdoor.com/ma21emtpouch.aspx

19. Myriad7777

Myriad7777 Loaded Pockets

Here's my Maxpedition Sitka. I've been carrying this for a little over a month and like it alot. I took the advice given on a few youtube vids and bought some smaller pouches so that the contents would not shift when swinging the bag around (and the pockets being sideways in the normal upright position). I use this bag for work (a desk job), and have adapted to the compactness of the bag by using a document holder (largest black pouch) that fits all my papers neatly folded in half. It has a hard insert to prevent further wrinkles. If I need to keep a document with absolutely no creases, I carry a separate folder or binder, but haven't had the need to do so yet.

I plan on replacing the inexpensive pouches one by one as I build up my kit, starting with a first aid kit. So far I bought the Maxpedition EDC pocket organizer and its working out great in the lower front pocket of the Sitka. That thing on the upper right of the contents pic is a cocoon grid-it organizer that has a Becker Remora, my old Ipod that never seems to die, and a Gerber keychain tool on it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. patches152

patches152 Loaded Pockets

i heart seeing the grid-it get some love!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.