1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pics Of your edc Bag! Part 1

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by mtn_guy_79, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets

I'll bet a lot of our new members have EDC bags to show off?

:bump:

Dan

2. Himbo

Himbo Loaded Pockets

Edited from my intro thread here.

Note that the main consideration here is a biker friendly setup. (Any SV650 riders dwelling amongst our midst?)

Here's my regular EDC ver. 1.0, assembled.

[​IMG]

I try to keep the number of loose items (which go in my front pockets) to a minimal. My female friends made me a devout convert of the mantra "bulging pockets are ugly". My pockets still bulge a little though. :lolhammer:

Another consideration: Nothing sharp or potentially injurious in them (the keys go on the bike when I ride). Heard many horror stories of riders suffering injuries from items in their pockets/bags. This is the main reason for the fanny pack.

Now for a brief description of each item + purchase price (more for me to keep track of the size of the hole in my pocket). Note that the entire kit was purchased before discovering EDCF, and I'm already overwhelmed with ideas on upgrading it.

Here's another shot showing the items contained within the fanny pack and more.

[​IMG]

No knives, guns, tasers, stun guns, tearjerkers, kubatons etc etc.

So there you have it. Lightweight, slim, easy on, easy off street rider EDC.

Version 2.0 beta is in testing phase, using this recently purchased bag.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And here's a graphic with suggestions to filling the numerous pockets and compartments (at least 12 at last count):

[​IMG]

Upgraded the mp3 player to the nano, added a compass and spy capsules. Replaced the bike key fob with a leather pouch. Added Ti spork and portable Al chopsticks.

Actual pictures of the bag in testing tomorrow.

3. Buckaroomedic

Buckaroomedic Loaded Pockets

Here's my contribution to EDC. My bag is an old MountainSmith Day lumbar pack. I modified it for military EDC use by removing all the bright yellow zipper pulls and elastic cord and then adding PALS webbing which I've attached a Kifaru GPS/Phone pouch too. I've used this bag as a BOB, in the past, by adding several ammo pouches to the outside and my E&E pouch on the inside.

On the inside I carry:
    Back row, from L to R: Oakley Half Jacket (in a hard case), good ol' Garmin eTrex (actually goes into the Kifaru pouch on the outside), sunscreen and eye drops, Suunto compass/GPS plotter, Surefire E2E (with a Section 8 Ultimate Retention Device). Front Row, from L to R: Bandana (in a zip-lock bag), cheap, little organizer that carries my note pad, an assortment of pens and my Tungsten T-5 PDA. On the inside, where the foam padding used to be, I carry a Camelbak 50 oz Pakteen.

This pack carries very easily and comfortably. It isn't too overt for EDC in the current configuration. For day hikes I can add several different modules. I can choose from; tools, food, survival/E&E, medical, clothing, etc. Just depends on what I'll be doing.

Here are the pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Ronin Six

Ronin Six Empty Pockets

That is a great looking setup. The PALS add a whole new dimension to the utility of the bag.

Just a few quick questions:
    - Did you do the PALS webbing and the velcro yourself?
    - Are those the MountainSmith shoulder straps, or some other brand?
    - Have any other mods planned for it?

Thanks for sharing. My interest in these packs has doubled now!

5. magnus

magnus Empty Pockets

I took extensive pics of mine a couple of weeks ago and posted them here.

It's actually changed substantially since then (for the better) and I have a few more pieces of gear that I'm waiting on which are due to arrive next week. I'll take a new series when the "Mark II" is assembled. :D

6. TKD

TKD Empty Pockets

The OP1 makes a great tool kit/bag.

[img width=640 height=425]http://www.jerzeedevil.com/gallery/files/6/8/7/OP11.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=425]http://www.jerzeedevil.com/gallery/files/6/8/7/OP12.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=425]http://www.jerzeedevil.com/gallery/files/6/8/7/OP13.jpg[/img]

The OP1 inside the Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon, perfect fit.

[img width=640 height=425]http://www.jerzeedevil.com/gallery/files/6/8/7/OP14.jpg[/img]

7. herman30

herman30 Loaded Pockets

I got rid of the maxp. jumbo because it got too heavy for one-shoulder carry.

New bag is Kifaru E&E with add-ons: Blackhawk utility pouch, Tactical tailor utility pouch, Maxp. cocoon and Maxp. rollypoly.

[​IMG]

8. defusion

defusion Loaded Pockets

that looks seriously overloaded. have you considered going for a full size pack?

9. herman30

herman30 Loaded Pockets

@defusion.

No, not really, not at this point. Items in the pouches are not that heavy. Bigger and heavier items are in the main pack. Besides I like the set-up with smaller pouches on the outside.

Some example of content:

Left pouch: a couple of flashlights
    two parachute-nylon shoppingbags
    some small items

Middle pouch: some first aid/bandage-stuff
    rite-in-rain notebook and pencil
    hand sanitizer
    travel toothbrush
    cell phone charger

Cocoon: Doug Ritter MK 1 folder
    Atwood bug-out-bar
    center punch
    small scissors
    pocket wench

Right side poch: rain jacket
    utensils
    some small items

10. Buckaroomedic

Buckaroomedic Loaded Pockets

Ronin-6,

Yup, I did the PALS and velcro myself (is it that evident? ;D). It was my first attempt at adding PALS webbing to an existing item. It was rather tough to do. The shoulder straps are the MS brand. Excellent straps, very comfortable and adjustable. I don't have any more mods planned for this bag. I'm a firm believer in the KISS principal, especially when it comes to my gear. I see way too many vests, rucks and bags with every conceivable item hanging off of them. Way to complicated and heavy.

I really love all the MS equipment that I own. The Day Pack is, IMHO, the best bag of it's type ever made. My bag was patterned after the Kifaru Scout. It is about 500cc and $100 less than the Scout. One thing that I have "discovered" is that I can piggyback my old MS gear to my newer Kifaru back packs. Rather convenient.

Take care,

11. Ronin Six

Ronin Six Empty Pockets

Whole setup is a perpetual work in progress and still could use a bit of improvement, but here it is so far...

My Maxpedition Jumbo EDC setup

(All 12 images are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/apalis/sets/72157602483902831/detail/)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

All the descriptions are with their respective images, but here's a quick summary:
    - removed storm collar
    - added grab handle
    - CC organizer pouch with hPDA fits nicely into front pocket
    - TAD Gear OP1 slips snugly into interior pocket
    - still lots of room inside for other things

Regarding the Janus pouch, I didn't like it too much right on my chest and the extension made the shoulder strap a bit too long (even shortened as far as I could), so I mounted it to the PALS webbing near the front. It's a good fit there, as it's flat enough not to be in the way of my arm swinging as I walk.

Enjoy! :)

Jarhead Greasemonkey likes this.
  12. LZ

LZ Loaded Pockets

My "Murse"....a Maxpedition Proteus Versipack with a Coccoon and an M-2 waistpack attached....

[​IMG]

Thigh pocket EDC bag...Condor pocket organizer...with various EDC goodies...

[​IMG]

13. marvin

marvin Empty Pockets

My latest edc bag setup.

[img width=640 height=412]http://www.heymarv.com/images/forums/edcbag.jpg[/img]

(from left to right)
    - CountyComm EOD Bag
    - CountyComm MPCC Pouch
    - CountyComm Knife/Multi-tool Pouch
    - SpecOps Medium Medic Pouch
    - CountyComm Diplomat Pocket Organizer.

[img width=640 height=500]http://www.heymarv.com/images/forums/edcbagcontents.jpg[/img]

(top left to top right going clockwise)
    - Sketchbook
    - Stenopad
    - Hanky
    - WD 80gb HDD
    - SanDisk 1gb USB drive
    - Extra phone batt.
    - CountyComm Watch Taco w/ Ipod Nano and Shure E2C's
    - Mini Maglight w/ LED and Smart Switch upgrade
    - Gerber PR2.0 Folder
    - Red Glowstick
    - Mini roll of duct tape
    - Chapstick
    - CountyComm SOLED
    - Emergency Blanket
    - Doug Ritter PSK
    - 25ft. of 550 cord
    - Poncho
    - CountyComm Pocket Pry Bar
    - Leatherman Wave
    - CountyComm Diplomat Organizer w/ misc. drawing pens, pencils etc.
    - Sanyo 7050
    - AB first aid kit

So far I'm pretty happy with everything I've managed to fit in there and still have plenty of room left.

14. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

Hey Marvin, that's a neat looking setup. O0

When I add external pouches/sheaths to my versipacks and backpacks, they end up looking ugly -- like goiters or warts.

15. Chuck G.

Chuck G. Empty Pockets

Nice set up Marvin. Well thought out not over the top. I like it very much

16. illusion

illusion Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is what i carry around for now. I had a max jumbo but it just didn't feel right, know i have this EOD bag from CC. Its not perfect but for the prize its good...I wish someone could make me a bag... ;)

17. gregsky

gregsky Empty Pockets

I like your setup marvin, I think im going to similarly outfit my eod bag.

18. marvin

marvin Empty Pockets

Nice bag illusion :)

I really like the CC EOD bags, the only thing I don't like is the shoulder strap isn't mounted in the center but that's a minor gripe. Also, another small gripe is that there's no webbing on the ends. Would be nice, then you could add a nalgene pouch or small upright utility pouch on one or both of the ends. But for the price I love mine.

19. illusion

illusion Loaded Pockets

Thanks, you too marvin ;)

yeah, for that price its good, but it could have been a lot better. Yes it should be webbing all around it, should be a stronger fabric (like maxpedition) so it holds it shape better when loaded up, the zipper should be with out that cover(easier to access), a few inch bigger and it would have been perfect! ;D
    I am looking to switch out the monkey pouch with the new Tad OP1.

20. dyyys1

dyyys1 Loaded Pockets

I'm considering one of the CC EOD utility bags for occasional use (camping, fishing, etc.). Is the material very low quality? Also, how easily will it hold a nalgene bottle?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.