1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pics Of your edc Bag! Part 1

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by mtn_guy_79, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gray_Pierce

Gray_Pierce Loaded Pockets

Here is my Magforce Jumbo 2 in black. It's basically Magforce's version of Maxped's Mongo. For those who don't know, Magforce is the Asian line of Maxpedition and not only is there a difference in their names, there are also variations in their products.I owned gears from both companies and IMO, there are some models from Magforce that are more practical design-wise. Here is my new "office" bag:

[​IMG]

Just placed some patches for contrast...

[​IMG]

Note the top compartment. Instead of a plain velcro field on top, it's set up more like the one you find on the Janus with the bungee cords for compression.

[​IMG]

on the right side ( if you face the bag) instead of a row of PALS webbing, there is a pocket for smaller items.

[​IMG]

Here is the side pocket with the flap pulled back...

[​IMG]

Here is the right side pocket similar to that with the Mongo with the same secret sleeve but with the addition of a felt lining on the other side to protect your sensitive stuff such as phones,etc. from scratching...

[​IMG]

Here is the top compartment with the mesh pocket and the elastic dividers...

[​IMG]

Here is one of the main difference that it really liked. Instead of a collapsible/foldable bottle holder you usually find on a Jumbo or Mongo, this one has a collapsible pocket that can be closed by 2 zippers and compressed by a bungee cord. I'm really digging this since it gives you a cleaner and non-bulging look... LOL

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here is the inside of the bottle holder. There's a secret sleeve inside...Fits a 1 L Nalgene Bottle nicely...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

On the left side of the bag, instead of a row of PALS webbing, there is a flap with a SRB lock. Honestly, i didn't really know what it's for
    but as you can see on the right, you can just roll the shoulder strap and place it inside to perhaps stow it away when you don't need it...

[​IMG]

Fits a 15" laptop nicely...Note the keyper on the front comparment...Other than that, the front compartment is the same as the Mongo, with the velcro loop for CCW. There is still also a larger CCW compartment with velcro loop at the back of the main pocket. Basically the same as the Mongo...

[​IMG]

Finally, note the GRAB HANDLE on the side of the top compartment...Non-load bearing but a plus when trying to grab your bag instead of bending over and groping for the shoulder strap LOL

Gryffin, Haubitz and herosemblem like this.
  2. herosemblem

herosemblem Loaded Pockets

Great review on the Magforce bag. Do you know if it is a Maxpedition ripoff brand, or is it actually a subsidiary (sister) company? I'm guessing the latter.
    Bag looks very useful. The Nalgene pocket looks like a nice evolution of the standard Nalgene pocket. Now, for me to find out where these are sold...if they can be had in the US.

3. Gray_Pierce

No it's not a ripoff...i think they have their mother company in Taiwan, but when it comes to the US and European market, they call it Maxpedition and Magforce for the Asian market...i compared it with the Maxpedition and there is no difference quality-wise...same materials, workmanship...the only difference is the tag...try looking for magforce products at www.tacticalgear.co.kr for comparison :)

4. mraif

mraif Loaded Pockets

After seeing your pics and review of the bag, Gray_Pierce, I WANT ONE! It has just the right differences that I prefer over a Mongo!

Rev. Chuck likes this.
  5. Rev. Chuck

Rev. Chuck Loaded Pockets

I also like the differences, I wish they made a Mongo like that!

6. Gray_Pierce

yep same here....after seeing the Jumbo 2, i immediately bought one :) definitely, an upgrade to the mongo...

gstojinovic likes this.
  7. Rev. Chuck

Rev. Chuck Loaded Pockets

I regret selling my Mongo, It's one of those bags that when it's gone you regret selling it

8. kye4some

kye4some Loaded Pockets

9. gstojinovic

gstojinovic Loaded Pockets

How are they pricevise compared to Maxped?

10. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

GP I think that clipped patch thing under the clip,is to retain your keys & fobs hung from said clip,great idea hold it neatly & secure.

11. Exploriment

Exploriment Loaded Pockets

12. Gray_Pierce

Price-wise much cheaper...i bought my Jumbo 2 for around 100 $...the funny thing is , Magforce have different names for some models like the Gannet ( COLOSSUS), Super Proteus ( SABERCAT) , Archer ( SITKA), etc... check this website : www.tacticalgear.co.kr :)

13. Gryffin
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

Any idea what it would cost to ship one from, say, Phillipines to say, New Jersey USA? :D

14. knurek

knurek Loaded Pockets

Did you go through that website or a different one? The Asian pricing and detail information are throwing me off. :) Thanks.

15. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

Hey key4some – I just sent you a message about your camera bag. Let me know...
    Thanks!

16. Gryffin
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

17. Gray_Pierce

i base my price from the store where i bought it from. i bought mine here in the Philippines and our Peso-Dollar exchange rate is roughly 1 dollar = 50 Philippine Peso. The price of my bag is 4,800 Pesos, so that that would be around 90 to 100 US Dollars. i just used the website for info purposes since it's really hard to find a English website for Magforce gears. If you have a Facebook account you search for the store where i bought it from: Alpha Source Tactical . I heard they do international shipping ...

18. Gray_Pierce

sorry i really don't have any idea...LOL but you can just ask Alpha Source Tactical for any details :)

19. Gryffin
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

Heh heh heh... I was actually (mostly) kidding!

However, if they happened to have that same bag in an "S-Type" lefty version, it might be worth the trouble...

20. Gray_Pierce

LOL, anyway it's kinda weird that 1 company makes 2 versions of the same product...:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.