1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pics Of your edc Bag! Part 1

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by mtn_guy_79, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Right ? This is A/The 'Carry Forum', so it only makes scene that most of the bags are tactile, being that they are the most durable . .

[​IMG]

2. Jars

Jars Loaded Pockets

Oh yessss! ;-)

3. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

Well I do see your point is a Carry site not a tactical site,therefore you may expect a broader spectrum of bags the majority are near to tactical/milspec.
    Perhaps this is because people think it looks cool,hardwearing,adaptable this is why i prefer tactical.

My camping buddy (A)has a £25 massive army surplus bergen,I spotted a really cool tactial number smothered im molle/pals,our other friend a walking type nylon bergen.both hitting £200.00
    (A) said" l paid £25 I can get it wet ,drop it in mud,for £25 if it were to rip
    Id get another the same day and still think it had be great vaule,i dare say i can drag it from my car for a good few miles and itll live"

The point being each persons carry works for them,maybe people who came to the forum due to carry are prepared and as such you get a military,hunting crowd which may explain the amount of these bags.

Either way its a great way to waste time dreaming of the next buy

4. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

5. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

I'll have to post a picture of my civilian packs and sling bags. :)

6. Roger999

Roger999 Loaded Pockets

I assume by "tactical type bags" you mean military style bags? It's like men going from pocket watches to wrist watches after WWI, because they found something that works better. Civi bags are often less durable, and less versatile (no MOLLE/PALS attachment). Soldiers find battle proven gear, and if it works in extremely harsh conditions then it's going to excel in civi world.

7. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

I also like the military stuff cuz of the versatility and attachment points but when i want something with a cleaner look i will grab this baby;

[​IMG]

Still a great amount of room and pockets but nothing on the outside that can catch on anything..... great when biking or traveling!

8. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Very well said ! In fact my latest pack is made by a company that specializes in tactical gear;
    even though it don't look much more like a small 'Book bag' it's a seriously well built pack !
    I chose this pack because I need to realize a level of efficiency that suits my actual EDC and mostly because it has very little 'MOLLE', it helps me keep from attaching way to many pouches and what-not's that just get in the way unless your camping or really bugging out !

Here are a few shots of my new pack ..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave Loaded Pockets

That's a nice looking bag GH. Care to share more info?

Thanks,
    Dave

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

10. jwalker497

jwalker497 Loaded Pockets

its just an honest reaction. I expected to see more messenger and traditional backpacks I guess, I am suprised at the number of people who carry around a miliatary type of bag every day. I agree that they are awesome bags and I use one for a hunting pack but for Everyday, I tote around a traditional messenger bag. It was just suprising thats all. Ive thought it for a while now as I watch this thread

11. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Indeed, More soon :)

[​IMG]

12. Janitor

Janitor Empty Pockets

Cool - so you'll be letting us know who made it?

13. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

I am starting to reconsider my tacticool bags. I recently lifted a large 4000+ cu in backpacking pack and was amazed at how light the pack was, and how heavy my tac packs are (at auch smaller size). All of that 1000d Cordura and molle webbing weighs quite a bit. Since I am not hard on my gear and don't use the yards of webbing, it is probably all overkill. I rather the weight go towards hauling actual gear not the bag. Anyone else moving in this direction?

14. NaturalMystic

NaturalMystic Loaded Pockets

Yep, I sold my Maxped Falcon II earlier this year and have barely used my Pygmy Falcon II. I've been using an Eddie Bauer pack most of the year. I found the Falcon II had way too many straps all over the place, even after using the web dominators. I work in a corporate environment and found it looked way too tactical when I do go into the office. The Eddie Bauer is a lot more understated and under the radar. That said, when this bag need replacing I'll probably get the 5.11 covrt 18 pack since it's very similar in size, layout and design to my Eddie Bauer.

15. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Me too... away from the over engineered stuff, and towards the lightweight. It's tough enough for me needs without screwing my back up.

16. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

17. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

It's good to be honest ! Truth is, this forum is not just another 'fashion blog' .. It's The Real :)

[​IMG]

18. Janitor

Janitor Empty Pockets

19. mtwarden

mtwarden Loaded Pockets

1000d cordura when it's really needed is tough to beat, but there are lots of other materials that qualify as "tough" and are much lighter

I've also found that some of the "tactical" packs don't carry near as well when putting some miles on them, for short excursions or around town probably just fine

I think some folks prefer to blend in a little, some times a "tactical" pack w/ lots of danglers stands out a bit (sometimes not)

fortunately we have a very wide array of packs to choose from, it certainly may take some time to hone in on just the right on (or in my case the right ones! ;D) though

20. anywayoutside

anywayoutside Loaded Pockets

Not that either of these are EDC, but you need the right tool for the job. Both of these packs are great at what they do....but the things that they carry are very different. Personally I lean to tactical bags for EDC because I like the abundance of organization. I am in and out of my bag 20 - 30 times everyday, and when everything is in it's place the time spent grabbing things from my bag is minimized. I currently carry an EMDOM TNT and I have come to appreciate the lack of molle and overt "tactical" features that many manufacturers seem to be featuring on their bags. To each his own....I carried a standard messenger bag for years.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.