Separate names with a comma.
Are you a current member with account or password issues?
Please visit following page for more information
Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by mtn_guy_79, Jun 21, 2006.
The only thing it looks good for is to tote an assault rifle around ..
I think that was the original intention of the design [?]
BE WELL .. GH
A big reason why I got it. A standard 16" carbine broken down leaves 4 inches of the barrel sticking out the top. Pretty much the only way an ar-15 will fit in this thing is if it's an sbr. That's not how it was advertised.
Can't post a pic yet, but I EDC a Saddleback large briefcase. Absolutely love it and have gotten many compliments!
WOW, that is an impressive collection!! I would love to have that many options!!
Thats cool, i just bought my wife a i-pad2 case from saddleback, still waiting for it to come in, should be here by the end of next week! JR
My EDC backpack :
Wow, I'm stunned. It's a rebranded 5.11 rush 24! It looks like a bee with shoulder straps! What do you keep in it? Where did you get it?
I wouldn't be too surprised, most of the components in almost everything that's "Made in USA" these days are not made in the USA .
I honestly don't see the problem . The USA is not the only place on earth that produces a product, and certainly not the 'the best' over all .
I can't tell you where I get this bag from, let's just say it's from the same place all other 5.11 products came from. I'll post bag content tomorrow. Don't know when will this bag be available in the USA.
Good lord, you really do have that Colossus colossally decked out! What are all those different pouches?
Andy, I have that same Bic lighter case and everyone who sees it thinks it's the coolest thing. At first they think it's a fancy Zippo-type lighter, but when I show them that it just has a disposable in it they're shocked. I use it because it keeps the lighter from outgassing in my pocket (since I don't smoke).
Nice! The ALICE really is the queen mother of EDC/BOB bags isn't she? I am looking for one on the cheap to stock a 72 hour survival bag to keep in my truck.
I honestly didn't know 5.11 was made in the usa? In fact I'm pretty sure that they would be selling their bags at a loss if they were made in the USA. Iron clad is a US trademark. 5.11 could sue them if the bag wasn't approved and looking at the bag it does look like it has a 5.11 logo. That's why I'm shocked, 5.11 licensed their bag?
Seriously though, is 5.11 advertised as made in the USA?
Winter EDC to and from work (4.5 km walk one way). Much Lighter on the weekends when I am usually walking about 7-12km a day
1. Belstaff 554 bag http://www.britishmotorcyclegear.com/belstaff-colonial-bag-554.asp
2. Ipad 2 saddleback leather case http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Classic-iPad-2-Case.html?sc=8&category=1290
3. Belstaff gloves http://www.belstaff.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=fw2012/fw2012_acc_glocp_flypage&product_id=3664&category_id=990&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=946
4. Iphone 4 saddleback leather case http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Classic-Gadget-Sleeve.html?sc=8&category=1290
5. Mobile solar l and some cables http://www.greenagent.co.jp/products/mobile_solar_l.html + griffin power block http://www.griffintechnology.com/ipad/power
6. zippo hand warmer (x2) http://www.zippo.com/product.aspx?id=1023911 +zippo fuel http://www.zippo.com/product.aspx?id=1024744
7. road map
8. maxpedition cocoon case with pencils, pens, lead refills. Small tape measure, nail clippers, ruler, etc http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/COCOON-POUCH%E2%84%A2-7p175.htm
9. fossil front pocket wallet http://www.fossil.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=12052&langId=-1&catalogId=10052&productId=22219799&imagePath=ML4199001&cm_vc=PDPZ1
10. fenix p1d http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/fenix_p1d.htm
11. nylon battery carrier (surefire?) x6 surefire cr123 bats
12. leatherman surge http://www.leatherman.com/product/Surge in nylon sheath http://www.leatherman.com/accessories/product/Large_MOLLE_Sheath_-_Black
13. knrips x1 umbrella http://www.knirpsumbrellas.co.uk/knirps_x1/knirps._x1._the_worlds_smallest_folding_windproof_umbrella._wind_tunnel_tested._windproof_to_80mph._combines_light_weight_with_knirps_quality_and_style_with_outstanding_durability._complete_with_cover_and_eva_zip_case..htm
14. la galleria wallet http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/bag-luggage-fujiya/ak3153.html
15. keychain: keys, guitar keychain tool http://www.jsburlys.com/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=titaniumedcguitar tec a3 black glow fob http://www.jsburlys.com/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=texaccessoriesa3bglow peak matterhorn 3led light http://www.peakledsolutions.net/Products/Matterhorn_HA_3LED.html generic bottle opener
16. fossil Dayton key fob http://www.fossil.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=12052&catalogId=10052&productId=22197947&cm_mmc=PG-_-feed-_-pdp-_-dly&mr:referralID=9adf3b52-0ee7-11e1-931b-001b2166c2c0
17. zippo lighter case http://www.swissknifeandtool.co.uk/zippo-lighters-zippo-qaulity-black-leather-pouch-holster-with-white-trim-and-steel-pocket-clip-clon and N8 zippo armor http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/zippo/item/162n8/
18. small pouch with medicine and band aids http://www.band-aid.com/our-products/active-lifestyles
19. bell & ross BR01-94 http://mens-black-watch.com/2010/07/bell-ross-br-01-94-carbon/
20. yaesu vx-8d http://www.yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cmd=DisplayProducts&ProdCatID=111&ProdID=1577&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0
21. muji knit cap http://www.muji.eu/index.asp
22. not in photo: moleskin mini notebook http://www.moleskineus.com/mbxs710-moleskine-extra-small-ruled-notebook.html
23. not in photo: brunton echo http://store.bruntonoutdoor.com/optics/monoculars/echo-reg-pocket-scope-black/
24. not in photo: saddleback passport wallet http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Classic-Wallet-Passport.html?sc=8&category=87 IR shield
25. not in photo: canon powershot sd980 IS http://www.dpreview.com/products/canon/compacts/canon_sd980is
26. not in photo: tenba messenger bag insert. http://www.tenba.com/products/Messenger--Removable-Photo-Insert.aspx fits like a glove inside the belstaff 554
That is an excellent post - thank you
i do recall seeing a video stating that a carbine would fit in it. part of the reason why i was a bit surprised that it was smaller than i first thought. while the initial purpose might have been for transporting a long gun, i think it could serve a purpose as a solid commuter bag. i took it for a whirl around the city over the weekend and it came in handy in cramped quarters in taxis and buses. accessing the stuff was easier as all i had to do was slide the pack to my chest area. a shame you didn't like your bag, although i've heard from other threads that hazard 4 had HUGE issues with their first run of the plan b pack. could be you got a lemon.
far as I can tell from thier website, all thier bags are sold as "imported"
although they don't say where from.
not that it matters as much to me anyway. allmost all of the bags we can get over here (the UK) are foreign made. when it comes to the tactical style market, we've got a couple of manufacturers/commercial makers catering to the millitary side of things, and that's about it.
Naw, the bag is exactly the way it should be...I just cannot find a purpose for it.
I need help from you guys to identify this bag...
I saved these pics from a forum somewhere but changed the name of the file to generic ones. Now I can't find the original post to find out the exact brand or model of the bag. The brand logo in the pic is too difficult to read.
Anyone out there can help? Thanks...