1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pics Of your edc Bag - Off Topic

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by GearAdDiCtIoN, Feb 8, 2015.

1. ferris209

ferris209 Loaded Pockets

2. MAGA

MAGA Loaded Pockets

Its the first tactical .5 backpack, Basically a 5.11 rush 12 but from the future with a ton of upgrades and new features. I sold my Rush 15. It comes from the former ceo of 5.11 and a former designer.

ferris209 likes this.
  3. Mark Patton

Mark Patton Loaded Pockets

My Vertx EDC Ready pack arrived yesterday. I have been switching my carry bag between the 511 Rush 12 and 511 Rapid Quad Zip Pack. I have 2 maxpedition pouches I would use to move gear between the two depending on which one I was carrying. The VERTX replaces all of this. I have the Rapid Quad and one of the Maxpeditions on ebay already. The Vertx is just as tough in construction as the 511 Rush 12, with much better organization. I love the non tactical look too. I was hesitant on how I would like the velcro backings in the Vertx. All the videos I saw made it look like it was pretty flimsy. But it is quite the opposite. I'll probably keep the Rush 12 just because it is such a great bag. But I don't see myself using it too much going forward.

FiaOlleDog and demPho like this.
  4. Bloom

Bloom Loaded Pockets

That looks awesome!! What’s the final verdict?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Sheepdog3406

Sheepdog3406 Empty Pockets

Absolutely love the design, layout, and color. Solid made bag which was a product of great engineering. The 2.0 should be fantastic.

RED-FIVE and twin63 like this.
  6. Flexxx

Flexxx BST/Marketplace ban

Nothing to special here, just added some pulls and a Cocobolo bead to my water bottle compartment.

[​IMG]

kevinstan and demPho like this.
  7. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

In my opinion, NOT employing a CCW in the pack is inconsequential to enjoyment and utility of the pack. Quite contrary, actually, I sometimes want to take the pistol and mag out so that I can carry my laptop and/or some work files in that pouch. It's a very funtional space regardless of intended usage. I wouldn't let that deter you.

I use a messenger bag dedicated for work, but there are times itd be nice to just have one bag but my contents of the main pouch are too important to leave behind so I just roll two bags.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

swedishelite22 likes this.
  8. Mark Patton

Mark Patton Loaded Pockets

I have this pack as well as a 511 Rush 12. I love the Rush 12 for hiking and traveling. Its great for throwing things into it as a dump sack and just going.

But the Vertx works great for around the town as a daily commuter type bag. Much better for carrying things that need care, like a laptop. I sometimes put my pistol in it and sometimes do not. It really makes no difference as to the use of the bag. I use the back Hydration compartment to carry my PC, the big internal pocket to carry gym clothes, the pocket in front of that for Maxpedition EDC type cases and the admin section as you would imagine. One thing I really like about the Vertx is that it can carry all the above things and when I get home, I can put my Olight, ZT and Extra Mag in the slots that are sewn to the front inside flap. I put my wallet and keys in the side pockets, then anytime I need to leave the house I know exactly where everything is.

I also like the fact that it doesnt have all the molle on the outside. I like using the molle in the correct setting, but its not needed for my day to day use.

FiaOlleDog and swedishelite22 like this.
  9. GregBFL

GregBFL Loaded Pockets

Desertratt1322, ferris209 and Jay-uk like this.
  10. ferris209

ferris209 Loaded Pockets

So did you get you a 1-Day Plus? I'm really really wanting one now. If you did, I'd love a side by side with the 0.5 and the Rush 24 if possible. I'm hoping they do a 50% off soon, but it looks like they haven't done one is over a year or better. So maybe that is out of the cards.

11. Desertratt1322

Desertratt1322 Loaded Pockets

Not yet. Broke my ankle back in October so I've been dealing with that. I do plan on getting one. Thinking spring I'll go in and pick it up if they are not back ordered on the O.D. green.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ferris209 likes this.
  12. Desertratt1322

Desertratt1322 Loaded Pockets

I have a DA Dragon egg and to be honest the pack is nice but do not like the zipper lay out on the main compartment. It works grest for my daughter who uses it for college, worked okay as a edc bag as long as you do not over load it. One big issue i had is it would not sit up right in its own most of the time. That irritated the hell out if me. But iver all not a bad bag. I do love this first tactical Tactix 0.5 day pack. My next one will be the 1 day plus.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

13. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Whats the colour of the Bullet?, Goruck have discontinued them in favour of the Rucker, i barely use mine to preserve its value but it was my go to weekend bag for some years. I have the original with separate back hydration pocket. Its an awesome light backpack but can hold a lot of weight, used it more than the GR1!

14. LaVillaStrangiato11

LaVillaStrangiato11 Loaded Pockets

It is the ranger green color. I think they still have bullets in both sizes, but at different colors so it is a hit or miss if you want a 10l or 15l in a preferred color.

I use mine for work in a rugged environment and of course for small day outings with the Canon and overnight trips. Actually looking into hiking packs for the Canon for longer hikes such as the Osprey Stratos 24. Still not giving up the Goruck 15l as it is versatile for my daily needs.

15. lawmanhdg

lawmanhdg Loaded Pockets

I'm also in Law Enforcement and since I have a take-home car, my gear is all stowed in it all the time, and I don't really carry anything to and from the car other than my dinner if I so choose to take it to work.

Mammoth and zyntherius like this.
  16. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

I started writing it today, episode one is: 5.11 RUSH & Budweiser. Entry level, but we've all had one.

Will throw up a link when it's ready!

17. ferris209

ferris209 Loaded Pockets

I really really hope my next Department has take home cars, never ever had one, but all the benefits just overwhelm me.

18. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

It's getting there...

[​IMG]

twin63 and Tallboyjim like this.
  19. Miles717

Miles717 Loaded Pockets

My Urban Assault. Carries my knife roll with knives and assorted kitchen tools, a small tool kit, FAK, an electronics kit with chargers, cables, jump drives, and backup battery pack, assorted markers, pens, Tide stain removal pens, rain gear and hat, flashlight, and my sunglasses. My crew jokingly calls it my Mary Poppins bag because anytime someone needs something, I can reach in and pull it out like magic.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Scribble and twin63 like this.
  20. Gaulois

Gaulois Loaded Pockets

Hope your enjoyed your trip ;)