1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pics Of your edc Bag - Off Topic

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by GearAdDiCtIoN, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Tenfooterpipi

Tenfooterpipi Loaded Pockets

I like the pack, I think for its weight, durability and pretty high price its worth its value. Not to many folks would dare ruck a 9 pound burly pack, but I have enjoyed, I have carried enormous loads on the pack, you could consider them luxuries on the back country, but I have never been one of the ultralight converters. I always believed carry the essentials, and if you can carry a few items of luxuries, well, you be the envy at campsite, and luxuries are far in between when you got some folks spending the night out in the woods missing a good night sleep or passing hunger, or worse.. Is not for everyone, and the price can be a tough pill to swallow, and one that you have to maximize its utilities and productivity. I have gone camping, hiking, hunting, and I have found the pack to perform very well under intense loads. I have seen popular brand packs rip, torn under just a few trips, whether these trips are intense bushwhacking, or light trekking, and I told myself: well dammit, if I'm gonna buy a pack, is going to be once and once only. That's my philosophy behind all my purchases, ergo the high tag price.

I'm 5'9". 176lbs. Medium Yoke, Medium Belt. I think the Daypack Lid is a must get. The manufacturer's claims are right on the money. If you do a bit digging I have post some other details on the pack a few post pack on the Mystery Ranch Collection thread among others. I can carry three days worth of equipment, which might include few luxuries such as a Surface Pro or Goal Zero 100 Sherpa Battery, 6L Dromedary Bladder full of water (My poor back, this was before I got hold of the MSR Guardian Water Filter, also not the lightest of items some might consider, but worth it in my opinion, let's face it, a working self cleaning filter is GOLD). You add the Daypack lid, and you got more storage options, not to mention, a small pack to carry around if one desires to trek out there while you leave the Overload at base.

Now I have seen a few on Ebay, some I regret not buying, AGAIN, but I'm pretty pleased with my original purchase. There was one that had MSOAB quick release yoke, which I have tried to purchase from MR, but it wasn't sold to civilians unless you had direct contract. I saw it on ebay a few days ago like new, and it was gone as soon as I tried to snipe it. There was also a foliage version with some blood and wear on it, but I thought the price a bit to high for an already worn and some mileage pack, but again, I slept on it. I seen the new versions, I await further time if they're worth upgrading.

2. Tromba

Tromba Loaded Pockets

This pack makes me drool every time I look at it.

Are you happy with it so far?

3. Bloom

Bloom Loaded Pockets

Wow, that looks a LOT like the Direct Action Dragon Egg!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. tlausl

tlausl Loaded Pockets

Yes, you are right! :) I didnt know the Dragon Egg ;)

5. tlausl

tlausl Loaded Pockets

I like this backpack very much. Its bigger as my last backpack Wisport Sparrow 20 l, so I didnt need pouches outside on the backpack.

6. Ken Watson

Ken Watson Loaded Pockets

That MR overload is insane. I don't think I want to know what sort of physical fitness routine is required in order to have the sort of conditioning to carry one of those around for long distances or rough terrain, I would seriously just fall over into a heap. Lol!

7. gearheavy

gearheavy Loaded Pockets

Me too. We do 8-12 miles a day in the Cascades and the Eastern Sierras. For hiking and camping? MR Overload = MR Overkill with its' weapons carry system and BVS system for wearing over body armor. Cracks me up. Nice looking bag though.

8. yugotprblms

yugotprblms Loaded Pockets

Hey man, pro tip here, you want to hold the knife with the point facing away from you.

9. Ken Watson

Ken Watson Loaded Pockets

Loving the sarma dude, looking forward to a thread w/ more thoughts and pics!

Roguetrooper and twin63 like this.
  10. greg.279

greg.279 Empty Pockets

Never heard of this brand; thx for sharing.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

BenjaminDuncan and Roguetrooper like this.
  11. intocoman

intocoman Loaded Pockets

Love mine. My go to for hikes.

12. th@tguy

th@tguy Loaded Pockets

This bag is great! My only complaint is I really wish they added more pockets in the inside for organization.

13. MikeM

MikeM Loaded Pockets

:censored: sweet looking packs gracing these pages !

Mike

14. intocoman

intocoman Loaded Pockets

Agreed. All the small stuff goes in the zipper pouch, everything else in the big pockets. Could use a Freudian Slip or a pouch added to it. Usually don't use it for office/tools type carry, layers, snacks, baby wipes and water mostly.

15. yugotprblms

yugotprblms Loaded Pockets

How do you like that bag?

16. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

I like it a lot the way it is compartmentalized works for my needs. It's just a touch small.

17. timmay

timmay Loaded Pockets

What water pouch do you have on the side? Looks great!

BenjaminDuncan and Sand like this.
  18. Jordan Smeenge

Jordan Smeenge Loaded Pockets

I believe that is a OVI teeter pouch, they are sold out till march. I have one on my litespeed and they are great.

19. Brown_Bear

Brown_Bear Loaded Pockets

Thanks! It's the Teeter Pouch by OV Innovations. I wanted something lowprofile, but can be used for lots of stuff. It holds bottles super well, but i can also squeeze my Arc'teryx Beta SL, Epsilon, or ATOM LT in should i need to. I had to have PALs webbing installed which was a pain, but worth it.

20. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

Well I shouldn't have googled those jackets. Now I regret buying the Columbia one I did buy.