1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pics Of your edc Bag - Off Topic

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by GearAdDiCtIoN, Feb 8, 2015.

1. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

I'm actually carrying one of my other bags for the first time in a long while. I miss a lot about the fake belstaff, but they really only give me 7-10 months before something important goes wrong. The last one got sewn up a few times before I gave up. This one has several pieces of hardware failing, and I wanted to give my vertx another chance before I buy ANOTHER cheap Chinese bag.

2. Schnurri

Schnurri Loaded Pockets

It's a real shame these Belstaff knock-offs look so nice. I'd never pay the amount of money for a bag they ask for the real thing.
    Would it be possible to attach a carrying handle to the bag and maybe some D-rings at the back?

3. Daniel T

Daniel T Loaded Pockets

How'd you like the Tom Bihn, I'm interested in views of people who've used them for a period?

Dan

4. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

Well, before the buyout, you could get them for under $300. Having seen a few in person, they're absolutely worth that. The $750 post-buyout price? Not really. I was about to spend the money when I was in London last summer except that now they're "limited edition" and slightly different each year, and they'd sold out.

Also, as far as "high end" shopping goes, belstaff sales people (at least at one of the london boutiques) leave a lot to be desired.

I still have dreams about accidentally winding up in a j. crew that has a couple NOS bags and buying all of them.

Also, no, the carrying handle won't work simply. That part of the bag has basically no structure/rigidity. So, the 2 attachment points for the strap just fall together as soon as you pick it up. If the handle is rigid on its own, it might work.

5. mrsleeve

mrsleeve Loaded Pockets

I I have a question and given your screen name you travel as much as I do I think. How do you like that pelican???? Is it worth the money, as I have about 2 more hitches on my hockey bag, I have been considering getting one of these travel cases in to replace it

6. OilfieldCowboy

OilfieldCowboy Loaded Pockets

It's the second Brain Bag I've had. I wish it was a little more trim width wise, but other than that it works fantastic as my mobile office. If everything I carried wasn't as heavy as it is I would still be running with an Empire Builder.

7. OilfieldCowboy

This new luggage they came out with is worth every penny. The one pictured is the smallest available and is only good for a day or two if you are packing for work (FRC clothing, etc.) but my wife can run it for an entire week trip without fail. The mid-size is ideal for up to 10 day trips if you are conservative with your packing and don't have to pack support gear (coveralls, harnesses, etc). The largest one is gargantuan and I hope if you are packing with it that the company is picking up the tab on the checked bag overweight fee.

edit:

If you look close you can see there is some evidence of wear on the orange bezel. Its been through a lot, not just from the airlines.

Last edited by OilfieldCowboy, Apr 4, 2015
  8. mrsleeve

mrsleeve Loaded Pockets

Thanks Cowboy, I build pipelines for a living and as you know when we leave out for a job we are gone for a while (inspection/NDE side of things). So I pack everything but the kitchen sink, I tend to work in the northern parts of the country so I have everything from Arctic lined carhart bibs and jacket to fishing shirts and light hiking pants with a couple odd sets of FRC's in the mix in case I have to go where there is something in service, Xbox, extra boots, good cloths, basic tool set and other odds and ends including a firearm if I am going be in a state that allows it. typical load out is my Hockey bag, and mid sized duffel, packed to the gills and close to standard weight limits on the hockey bag, my 5.11 covert and camera bag.

I am thinking about getting a brain bag as well as it should house my oversized laptop rather well (Asus ROG 751)

9. Scoman

Scoman Loaded Pockets

10. Daniel T

Daniel T Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the real life info.

Dan

11. OilfieldCowboy

Hah, small world. API 510, 570, 653, & AWS CWI myself. I'm an Ops Manager for an inspection company in the Rockies now, but when I was still hitting the road hard as an inspector it was a RedOxx PR6 with my personal clothes and FR pants/shirts, a Tactical Tailor Enhanced Duffle for my inspection gear (harness, hardhat, Arctic Gear, flashlights, tools, etc), and either an old Oakley Mechanism pack or the other Brain Bag I used to have.

12. mattchef

mattchef Loaded Pockets

Where is the mpc, turntables, and studio monitors at?!?!? Nice setup!!! Well organized!

scbubba likes this.
  13. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

That Opal is pretty sweet looking -- wish they still made something like that. Just enough organization to be useful, but not overkill. Their current offerings look like something out of a sci-fi movie. :p

scbubba likes this.
  14. JPE

JPE Loaded Pockets

Looks like the Tatonka Check In, is it? Do you have pictures loaded with your stuff? Have been looking at it but wondering if it is big enough. You say even a small water bottle fits in it? 0,5 liter plastic bottle?

Thanks in advance!

Nomad55 and scbubba like this.
  15. Todesfrosch

Todesfrosch Loaded Pockets

It is the check-in xt. I will post some more pics here http://edcforums.com/posts/2227336/

scbubba likes this.
  16. JPE

JPE Loaded Pockets

Thanks for your reply. Just checked your thread. Been away for a while I see. I just joined these forums.

I do visit Germany frequently but didn't know locking folders aren't allowed. Will keep that in mind.

Looking forward seeing pictures of that Check In.

17. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

Still debating whether I want this one or the zebra print. The dog one would probably be best in an urban environment though. Decisions, decisions ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journo, rangetroop, scbubba and 8 others like this.
  18. wretched_youth

wretched_youth Loaded Pockets

The zebra print would be good for the Serengeti plain tho' ;-)

scbubba, lauchaAA and GatorMedic like this.
  19. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

^ That Top Expert patch always makes me laugh.

Nighted, scbubba, gearheavy and 3 others like this.
  20. The Flying Gooch

The Flying Gooch Loaded Pockets

I always get a few comments about it when I'm out and about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scbubba, T.H.Cone and hal_chase like this.