1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pics Of your edc Bag - Off Topic

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by GearAdDiCtIoN, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Rebel

Rebel Loaded Pockets

I have a bag that looks very similar to that but mine was designed with POS technology and is made from a very cheap feeling material. I have been surprised it hasn't ripped or fallen apart despite going into the wash a few times. I like the shape but I think I'd like one with better materials a lot more. Yours looks good.

PragmaticMurphyist likes this.
  2. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

3. InvertedBob

InvertedBob Loaded Pockets

That looks like a beautiful bag, I just wished it wasn't so pricey, but then again, I expect you get what you paid for.

Colt Seavers likes this.
  4. Captainkirk

Captainkirk Loaded Pockets

H2S meter?

Redneck Bear likes this.
  5. downbad

downbad Empty Pockets

Yep. Marathon in garyville, LA.

6. yugotprblms

yugotprblms Loaded Pockets

Noice. Is there any chance you would take some more pictures in normal light of this color? I'm curious as to what it actually looks like. I can't tell if it looks dumb or not.

7. Jordan Smeenge

Jordan Smeenge Loaded Pockets

I am loving my Tara for work, holds all the stuff I need on a day to day basis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricV likes this.
  8. EricV

EricV Loaded Pockets

The horizontal compression straps are now a must have feature for me. Just today I strapped ten power strips to it and had my hands free to open doors.

Jordan Smeenge likes this.
  9. Jordan Smeenge

Jordan Smeenge Loaded Pockets

Exactly they are life savers when you need to carry bulky items, also the bottom paracord fastening, which I replaced with an x formation, is super useful for carrying stuff that is wet or just won't fit.

EricV likes this.
  10. battlestage

battlestage Loaded Pockets

Sure thing. It's already getting dark here but I'll take some tomorrow in some good natural light.

11. Spyke

Spyke Loaded Pockets

Been carrying mine since Christmas and it is absolutely awesome! Best pack I have ever owned. I too carried a Pygmy Falcon II for a long while...no contest.

Myrddraal and twin63 like this.
  12. ADelgado

ADelgado Loaded Pockets

What makes it better than the PF2?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

13. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Hopefully Spyke will chime in and give his opinion since he has more time with the Evade, but for me it is wants/needs and personal preference. Both are top quality, well-made packs. The internal organization of the Evade (especially with the Matroskya pouches) is heads above the PF II. Another plus for me is size. At 27L, the Evade is more useful as an all-around EDC pack. It will allow me to carry more gear or clothing when needed without having to move up to my larger (38L) Kelty MAP3500.

Again, this is all based on my preferences. I'm not getting rid of the PF II, but for my EDC needs the Evade is nearly perfect.

14. Spyke

Spyke Loaded Pockets

Happy to chime in....
    Agree that the organization is far superior than the PFII and the Matroskya pouches make it absolutely outstanding. The admin area is very well laid out with plenty of slots and pockets. The mesh pockets inside the main section are great for items that would otherwise find their way to the bottom of the bag. The PF mesh pockets are "tight" and really only good for flat items.

The upper mesh pocket in my Evade is loaded with all my power cords, battery back up, travel mouse, chargers and so on. The lower one holds a head lamp, small work light, spotting scope, and spare AA batteries. These are a big improvement over the PF.

Also agree that the size is better. The PF was always just a little smaller than I needed it to be and its too "flat" which makes even slightly bulky items tough to pack. The size and shape of the Evade allows me to toss in some extra items like a hammock for those days where I might encounter an "emergency resting situation", or jacket, picnic blanket, etc. Overall, it lends itself to a little "over stuffing" when needed.

Comfort is much better than the PF as well. The PF is overly stiff and just never fit my shoulders right. The Evade has adjustments at the top and bottom of the straps which give it a much more customized, and therefore comfortable, fit.

The water bottle holders are also superior. My PF has the mesh ones with draw string and I never liked them. The Evade water bottle pockets are nice and deep with great elastic retention.

I don't often travel with a laptop but the section for it is great. Mine holds my iPad and Kindle reader plus work files. The PF lacks that section altogether.

The concealed carry section is zippered on both sides and lined with Velcro panels. Very handy for keeping your CCW accessible but "hidden." Again PF does not have that.

Then there are the little things like the "D" rings on tabs. In the main compartment for the Matroskya pouches but there's also one in the admin section and the CCW compartment. They are great for keys, clip on Bluetooth speaker, and any manner of small clip on items. The straps have "keepers", grab handle nicely padded etc.

Durability, fit and finish are on par or better than Max stuff. As I wrote in another post....carry mine everywhere/everyday, been under at least a dozen airplane seats, been on trips to the park/beach/woods, soaked in salt water (Bahamas), tossed in the sand (Bahamas, Michigan Dunes), rained on (kids ball games, day hikes and such), even my puppy has used it as a "perch" to see out the car window.

Sixteen years ago when my oldest child was born I started carrying an EDC bag....at that time it was actually a "tacticool" diaper bag. Over those years I've tried many different types of bags from messenger to sling to fanny pack to backpack. I'm an absolute fanatic when it comes to gear and I research excessively before making even a small purchase decision (it's a sickness). Of the piles of bags that I own none of them comes close to the Evade for EDC.

If you want photos let me know or send me a PM...I will take some current pics for you.

Best of luck with your decision.

15. Colt Seavers

Colt Seavers Loaded Pockets

I have the Vanquest v-slinger and its a superb bag. I use mine day to day for very similar things as yourself. Dad duties, work, play etc. I also manage to cram my camera equipment in there to, this is where the dividers really come in handy. I would definitely recommend the Vanquest range to anyone. (not knocking the Maxp version, they're well put together bags, just prefer the Vanquest for my own needs)

rob13 likes this.
  16. downbad

downbad Empty Pockets

What bag is this?

17. yugotprblms

yugotprblms Loaded Pockets

Thanks man. How do you feel about the color?

18. hd-bagger

hd-bagger Loaded Pockets

It's a Drago Tracker. It's not a top of the line bag or anything, but it's a well made bag that didn't break the bank. It's held up awesome and shows no wear after almost a year. I had the black version of it, but I like this one a lot better. If it ever blows out, I'll probably try one of the high dollar ones.

19. downbad

downbad Empty Pockets

It looks like a good value for $50.

20. hd-bagger

hd-bagger Loaded Pockets

It's an excellent value. I'd buy it all over again. I'll add a updated pic in a few days.