1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pics Of your edc Bag - Off Topic

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by GearAdDiCtIoN, Feb 8, 2015.

1. th@tguy

th@tguy Loaded Pockets

So how's this working out as a shoulder bag so far? Is it bulky? Just wondering cause I like your concept! I own the Colossus and its bulky as hell.

2. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

For my purpose and expectations, it's perfect. I've got it pretty well loaded down but only need it to go from house to truck to office so it's never burdensome. Fits much more naturally than cross body.

I'll grab a link of a previous post with more pictures.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eedcforums%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Fthreads%2F134408/&share_tid=134408&share_fid=9229&share_type=t
    demPho's EDC (An ever-developing condition)
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

3. TOPOS

TOPOS Loaded Pockets

That is one of the best looking bags ive ever seen, do they have anything like it without the MOLLE

ltbarber and Jordan Smeenge like this.
  4. Jordan Smeenge

Jordan Smeenge Loaded Pockets

Thank you! And unfortunately not. I wish TAD did custom work but then their prices would be far past outrageous! I'm at least waiting for a sterile beaver tail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Jordan Smeenge

Jordan Smeenge Loaded Pockets

Thank you! And unfortunately not. I wish TAD did custom work but then their prices would be far past outrageous! I'm at least waiting for a sterile beaver tail.

steeps likes this.
  6. Mabellucy

Mabellucy Loaded Pockets

I hunted high and low and everywhere in between before I found a pack that suited me... I can't imagine molle being an issue:)
    Nor, I'm sure could many understand my choices. It's meant as a comment not a criticism... Interesting to see the difference in what works for others.
    I needed a low profile, 20 liter, rugged pack. Settled on the Vanquest Ibex 20. The Falconer 27 was my first choice...excellent organization...but just not comfortable on me. Also a bit higher profile than I wanted.
    Taking it on first road trip today. Will be doing some mountain hiking looking for big horn sheep, so will see how it goes.

AlgoOPC likes this.
  7. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

I kinda did a little something, here's a few pics, the one is what I started with. It was a nice bag but way too freaking big, so I did a little work, pretty much cut out the large section, and cut the back to fit. So now it's a narrow small backpack cause I don't need much, but, if when I'm out and need more room it has a zipper that goes around it that expands it to a deeper normal size pack.. Now that that's done, I need to do all the little things and patches! JR
    [​IMG]

Water-Rat, camporama and Loc-Nar like this.
  8. Loc-Nar

Loc-Nar Loaded Pockets

Patch game is strong.

"Cooler than a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce."

9. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

Thanks, I am thinking about getting more of the Mil-Spec Monkey small admin pouches though for a more secure foundation for the patches.

10. camporama

camporama Loaded Pockets

I have that same bag for use in school! Nice mod.

11. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Thanks, it seams like a nice bag, I just never got to using it cause it's so big. As far as the mod you can see the bag on the bag, cause I pretty much just took the middle section out and trimmed the back and extension to size, the one thing I thought of doing is moving the zipper to the water bladder to make it like a secret compartment, but after so many hrs of stress I said screw it and just closed it up. But I still have the zipper and it's still possible.. JR

camporama likes this.
  12. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Creative bag photography!

Sheep Dog, brix, Avenal and 1 other person like this.
  13. Sprocket2107

Sprocket2107 Loaded Pockets

Question for those who have the Alpha One Niner Evade pack, do you find that filling up one compartment eats up space of the others? I.e. Filling up the main compartment leaves less space in the laptop compartment and admin compartment? Also, how padded is the laptop compartment, is there a padded tablet sleeve and does the laptop compartment have a false bottom? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just in the market for a new pack. Trying to narrow it down between the Evade, the Tom Bihn Synapse 19 and the North Face Surge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

How do you like it? Ive bought several packs since i got a Linchpin, but keep coming back to it :-D

15. gatorfan

gatorfan Loaded Pockets

Once I got the Futura Harness adjusted to my torso length, it fit perfectly. It's a very comfortable pack. The foliage cover doesn't soak up as much heat as a black pack(yesterday it was a cool 108 degrees). I carry a Hydroflask 18 in one of the side pockets and I use a grimlock to "lock" the zipper pulls together to secure the Hydroflask in the side pocket.

Rainy likes this.
  16. Aussie Mick

Aussie Mick Loaded Pockets

I really like my Switchback too, but honestly I still haven't found the perfect role for it yet. I think the biggest problem is that it's just a little to big for its own good.

17. Rebel

Rebel Loaded Pockets

Probably keeps them from finding the 12 kg of guns he has in there ;)

Myrddraal likes this.
  18. Rebel

Rebel Loaded Pockets

True but not if the guy next to you is carrying 10 M1A magazines. It's all relative :p

19. Rebel

Rebel Loaded Pockets

Sounds outstanding.

You have some seriously good taste in stogies there buddy. Partagas has been on my short list for decades. I think it's a very underappreciated brand.

Haha yeah but the problem with a place like this is could be the black sheep outnumber the other ones so we kinda blend in...

Last edited by Rebel, Jul 3, 2016
    outcomesix likes this.
  20. jfuste

jfuste Empty Pockets

Just testing this one for a couple of weeks. Not a big one, very comfortable, sling kind, I can carry it in the back, messenger or chest, eventually hanging in my hand too. Many options for a little one, with several pouches, well done zippers and so on.

[​IMG]

Melders, D.vink and Water-Rat like this.