1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pics Of your edc Bag - Off Topic

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by GearAdDiCtIoN, Feb 8, 2015.

1. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Switchback is just one strap so essentially slingpack which in terms of weight distribution, it will put prssure on one side of the shoulder hence a heavy load will cause some discomfort at some point. The Second Front however is two straps and have a grab handle to carry briefcase style, the only downside is the fixed hip belt.

2. Risolij

Risolij Loaded Pockets

There is also a briefcase style handle on the switchback to add to this.

As far as cons go on the switchback I can find are the very front zippered pocket is small to fit the hand into. Also the shoulder strap is situated between the ccw/laptop compartment, and the main compartment which makes things a little more difficult when it is slung in front of you. Maybe not as much for a ccw, however, for getting a larger laptop out is cumbersome.

The plus side is the huge main compartment which clamshells open in the fashion a suitcase would, unlike typical clamshell backpacks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

3. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

Looks like a good design for what you are lookiong for. FYI, I believe they use 600D Polyester as their pack fabric (based on the info on their Fast Edc pack on Botach, the LT site is useless). It is probably sufficient for your needs but is no Cordura. I have a cheap bag which I think uses polyester fabric with a plastic like backing and it has an awful chemical smell.

4. FrozenMuffin

FrozenMuffin Loaded Pockets

I considered it when buying the bag but since my system changes so much it would prove to be more hassle than anything.
    Current carry in the Tara is a Maxped Original size organizer, a Maxped micro organizer, a pelican 1020 micro case, an oakley hard glasses case, a small kifaru mesh pull out (hangs from the inside loop) and a medium magellan stuff sack that holds a hammock system w/ tree traps, ridgeline and peak bag.
    This system changes a lot and a good amount of my gear isn't molle compatible so I prefer to just let it all shake around in there :p
    I really like this bag and want it to be THE bag for me. Especially considering how much I had to bug HPG just to get my hands on one. But it's a little too simple for me. It has it's uses for sure, but I'm already looking at another bag to fulfill the edc role.

TDS likes this.
  5. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Yeah it's not a maxpedition, how cheesy is a 600? I know my other bag ain't great but I think it's suppose to be a 1000? Idk fabrics were never understanding.. But I'm still looking.. JR

6. jmac30
    • In Omnia Paratus

jmac30 Loaded Pockets

Have you looked at the new Aston house? I hear you on it being the one - the search continues!

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

7. Peruvian

Peruvian Loaded Pockets

Hello Tuxedo, I have heard from many people complaining about how heavy the Saddleback Leather Satchels are. Do you find yours to be heavy? How's the cargo size? Thank you in advance!

8. Loc-Nar

Loc-Nar Loaded Pockets

Beautiful backdrop. Hope it was a good day.

9. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision Loaded Pockets

I'm looking at getting the ghost. How do you like your bag?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

10. Inherentsilence

Inherentsilence Empty Pockets

I like it a lot. It is small but well made. I wanted a smaller bag to add to the collection. That's why I chose the dust over the dragon egg or ghost. So far I am impressed.

11. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision Loaded Pockets

I've saw a few reviews where some of the bags had some quality control issues. I'm guessing you haven't experienced any of this yourself.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

12. Inherentsilence

No my bag is very well put together. No issues whatsoever. Not even a loose thread. I ordered mine directly from Direct Action, not from Amazon or anything like that.

13. OregonEMT

OregonEMT Loaded Pockets

I had this bag and returned it. Although nice, it's too small and organization is almost nonexistent.

14. OregonEMT

OregonEMT Loaded Pockets

I was going to edit my last post but you asked beforehand. I did notice poor stitching (not straight). Just sloppy.

15. Inherentsilence

My stitching is all good. Quality is solid. Have no complaints. The Dust is a smaller bag with limited organization but that's what I wanted. The dragon egg and ghost would be better options if you need a bigger bag. I wouldn't use the dust for anything more than a short day hike.

16. Spade115

Spade115 Loaded Pockets

As I see you all post stuff you have in your bags it reminds me to find stuff, so I now have extra headphones in my bag. threw my small lansky sharpener. and have to find my stainless steel cup now -.-

17. yugotprblms

yugotprblms Loaded Pockets

I assume this is a Litespeed? Current gen? How does it carry with all that stuff in it?

18. ParTimeBourne

ParTimeBourne Loaded Pockets

Not that much stuff. It comes in well below 5 kilos, (11 lbs). It is the latest gen and carries really well, as you'd hope it would at this weight. That said its my work/edc bag and I don't carry it for long distances.

19. yugotprblms

yugotprblms Loaded Pockets

Never traveled with it or anything?

20. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

I guess you always end up with more gadgets when you have more webs begging for it. I've since downsized my carry items and the lighter load have eased my back a bit. So far, having a Goruck Bullet 15 keeps my gadgets leaner.

Johndman likes this.