1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pics of your current EDC water bottle.

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Elg, May 12, 2013.

1. IzzyMcFizzy

IzzyMcFizzy Loaded Pockets

I like it alright . It doesn't glow super duper bright, but with enough of a charge, it glows jussssst bright enough on my nightstand (because screw doing dishes!) that it's easy to spot and not knock around in the middle of the night when I'm thirsty (or flailing my hands around madly reaching for my glasses).

The glow in the dark Nalgenes have a kind of matte finish to them as opposed to the sleek transparency of the regular colors, which adds a little bit more grip, I find. Not that I've ever had problems with slippery Nalgenes, just something I noticed

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

2. IzzyMcFizzy

IzzyMcFizzy Loaded Pockets

3. tlausl

tlausl Loaded Pockets

My new bottle, a gift from my wife.
    [​IMG]

tmedina likes this.
  4. Spade115

Spade115 Loaded Pockets

Im not one for buying into the hype but this was the only bottle I saw that I liked the design and company is out of Tx. lol
    Bought the 36oz for the Wife so its replacing a 2liter Bottle and the 64oz for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Spade115

Spade115 Loaded Pockets

I finally Actually started using it lol. Going to stop bringing coffee to work since I need to work on how I am making it. lol

So water it is. lol

6. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

New Hydro Flask with the new lid getting to work its first shift :)

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaryMc, ramjet, echo victor and 3 others like this.
  7. Koogan

Koogan Loaded Pockets

I just bought this water bottle:
    [​IMG]
    but the intended use was for me to carry milk for my breakfast in the office
    When I got home I saw this in the bottom:
    [​IMG]
    Does the second circle mean I can't put milk in this bottle? Why not?
    And I can't refrigerate it either?

GaryMc likes this.
  8. ViennaGambit

ViennaGambit Loaded Pockets

Hydroflask 21 oz wide mouth in foliage. Love love love.

Recently moved from Scottsdale a few months ago and it was amazing having ice water after leaving the bottle in the car for hours during the summer, especially for our baby and toddler.

[​IMG]

9. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

Raw aluminium without a coating inside can affect the taste of some foods, especially if the food is acidic. The reason to use a aluminium waterbottle over a steel one is in order to keep the weigth down, but you lose some of what a steel bottle can do. For instance you can use a steel one to boil water over a fire, but the aluminium would be ruined

GaryMc, Elieolio and reppans like this.
  10. ncfh

ncfh Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

That's a Hydroflask 40oz hiding in a Blue Ridge Overland sleeve BTW.

And they all disappoint in their own ways.

The Yeti growler's plastic top and gasket SOAK up flavors and smells. Note the word "growler," as in beer, aromatic, flavorful, beer.

The Hydroflask drinking straw cap requires quite a bit of sucking power, and dribbles just a little if bottle is left laying down when really full. Not enough that it has actually made a mess, but enough that you won't risk it.

This particular Hydroflask 40 itself doesn't seem to be insulating as well as my smaller hydroflasks and other bottles either.

The sleeve was a total failure, the seams inside were all huge and the bottle wouldn't sit without rocking, had to cut and melt those. The main seam up the side is also huge and feels awkward in hand. The foam they used inside is so slick that I couldn't get the cap off the bottle while inside the sleeve, solution was to wrap bottle in hockey tape. And finally, the :censored: thing is a half inch too tall! So you had to deliberately pull the material away each and every time, or rub the material on your lip/face. In Winter time, not so good at all. So I bought the straw cap, which sucks a lot for a little. But it's okay.

The Miir. The beautiful Miir, number two. The first one arrived with what can only be described as someone's beard trimmings trapped under the paint. Yummy.

Number two arrived flawed as well, but with only just a beauty mark on the lid. Fragile beauties they are, the coating is about as thin as they come. The clamping mechanism itself is slightly biased to one side, resulting in slightly uneven pressure on the seal. Functionally it doesn't matter, there's enough pressure all around to keep a good seal. I've hiked with it.

The Mizu and the titanium uninsulated bottle both use a stem cap design, with metal on metal coarse threads that reside inside the water chamber. After just one cycle of putting the cap on and taking it off, I can rub my finger inside and it comes away with grey smear. I can also definitely taste the metallic difference compared to the other bottles. I've stopped using them much and gone back to hydroflasks mostly.

I'm actually quite disappointed with the state of the "vacuum flask industry" ATM. I was just researching a vacuum food container to ferry cold/warm foods to work & school. Stanley, the old tried and true coffee thermos of yore is even hit or miss, since selling out and going to China like everyone else. All these interesting and novel designs flawed by cheap manufacturing. I also suspect that there isn't that much of a vacuum in the flasks. When I pull vacuum, I distort 3/8" stainless plate. That's vacuum. What can this unsupported half millimeter Chinese junk really do?

Makes me contemplate spinning some stainless and finding out.

Water-Rat, GaryMc, nick nitro and 2 others like this.
  11. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the critical reviews, much more informative than the usual glowing reviews on enthusiast forums.

12. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

You sir sound like a picky person..... like ME! :bundle-of-joy_throwvertical:

I have more water bottles than i care to admit, and theres a place for most of em but if i had to point out my 'ultimate' bottle it would have to be this one;

[​IMG]

Basic KleanKanteen with the growler cap. I have different size bottles so i can pick whatever fits my need. These bottles are a decent stainless (not very much metallic taste on these Kleans) and no screw-cap! So no plastic with hard to clean nooks n crannies or that soak up odours and no metal-on-metal love to make fine metal powder. The cap is stainless with a thick silicone ring thingy, all comes apart and its all very easy to clean and will all withstand being boiled out with no issue! The cap comes with rings to fit thin-neck (pictured) and thick-neck bottles (ie insulated ones). Only 'hack' i did was add a piece of silicone tubing on the back so that the cap doesn't flap around ant hit you in the nose when you drink the last little bit.... and when i put it in a bag that also has electronics or something in it that doesnt like getting soaked i will add a band around the neck so it cant flip open when it catches on something.

GaryMc, reppans, b.s. and 1 other person like this.
  13. TexasBlack

TexasBlack Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

My baby 64oz klean kanteen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using Tapatalk

GaryMc and Spade115 like this.
  14. twinight

twinight Empty Pockets

[​IMG]

Olipac ipac bottle.
    It's 2-3/8" diameter is the only stainless bottle that will fit in the tiny mesh pockets of the EDC bag.

themadplumbarian likes this.
  15. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Love the bag! JR

16. T-3

T-3 Loaded Pockets

This is my favorite of many over the years. This one is at least two years old and keeps water cold for 24 hours (which freaks me out when I forget and leave it in a hot car!).

[​IMG]

17. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

Well I posted a pic of my new Citron Hydro Flask at work so I guess it's only fair that I post my new off-duty Pacific Hydro Flask :)

[​IMG]

Water-Rat and GaryMc like this.
  18. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

40 oz hydro flask in blue with the straw lid. Literally gets used every day for water at work.

[​IMG]

Water-Rat and GaryMc like this.
  19. fisk-king

fisk-king Loaded Pockets

How many oz does it hold?

Typed by my butler Jenkins on tapatalk

20. tandem

tandem Loaded Pockets

Kleen Kanteen TAD Topo Skull

[​IMG]

Spade115, GaryMc and lucas760 like this.