1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pics of your current EDC water bottle.

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Elg, May 12, 2013.

1. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Here's mine, one is my wife's, but the two 40oz ones with the sipping caps are our everyday bottles. We started with the 21oz ones but I got tired of refilling them so many time and when they came out with the 40's I just had to have them! In the second pic I got a insulated cover, as you can see it has molle strapping which works perfectly on my edc bag or as a handle for just at home. It didn't come with the red pull tight paracord, I don't remember what color it was, but I had to change it along with the tip, I put a glow in the dark one on, and also the patch.. JR

[​IMG][​IMG]

lucas760 likes this.
  2. BlackBeardActual

BlackBeardActual Loaded Pockets

Not a bottle persa but I absolutely love the 1L bear grylls canteen. I keep one in hiking backpack and another in go-bag.

[​IMG]

Unagi42 likes this.
  3. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Loaded Pockets

New School, the old one's didn't mate with any nalgeen accessories. The changed it about 2 years ago where they would.

Thanks,
    Boswell

themadplumbarian likes this.
  4. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Thanks, now just to find one..
    JR

5. ThurstyUSMC

ThurstyUSMC Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Took this on my afternoon wander, we finally saw the sunshine after seemingly endless rain. New bottle, not as cool as my old one because it doesn't have any stickers yet, trying to decide if I want to put a carabiner on this or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Agenda likes this.
  6. Craig Grabowsky

Craig Grabowsky Loaded Pockets

7. Craig Grabowsky

Craig Grabowsky Loaded Pockets

I posted a pic in "other carry devices" "My Shoulder Bag"

8. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

Two best drinkers; one for hots and one for nots! :)
    [​IMG]

9. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

I nearly bought one of these today, all of them were priced £5.99, the logo/name were much smaller in size and close to the bottom rather than in the middle of the bottle.
    I did notice that when the nozzle were in the fully closed position, there were a gap between the top of it and the surrounding of the cap. I'll be using it in a very dusty environment so thought about the possibility of contamination forming around that area. Ideally I'd like a domed shaped lid covering the whole lot.

10. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

Picked these up for the kids at REI the other day

[​IMG]

TrickyVic and themadplumbarian like this.
  11. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

I have a Hydro Flask problem ;)

[​IMG]

Green 32oz - Off duty EDC
    Orange 32oz - Work EDC
    White 32oz - Dog's EDC on adventures
    Black 64oz - Refilling for all day adventures

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. ThirstyTurtle

ThirstyTurtle Loaded Pockets

Love it! I'm gunna go get one tomorrow...having trouble choosing between the wide mouth and narrow mouth option.

Opinions?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GatorMedic likes this.
  13. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

I have the wide mouth, but that's the only way the 32 and 64 oz versions come. I have no issues with it at all. If you get the wide mouth and decide it isn't ideal for you, you can always buy a different lid to change it (hydro flask straw lid or the humangear capcap just to name a couple). Regardless you're gonna love your Hydro Flask :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. ThirstyTurtle

I got WICKED lucky today! I was planning on picking up either the 18oz or 32oz wide mouth HydroFlask but one is smaller than I wanted and one is bigger. I really wanted the 20oz but it's discontinued according to their website.

I went to Great Outdoor Provision Company and not only did they have one of the 20oz models (only one) but it was white with black accents just like I wanted!

[​IMG]

I'm loving it so far and I'm thinking I'll go back for a matching white 16oz one for coffee.

themadplumbarian and GatorMedic like this.
  15. Durandal64

Durandal64 Loaded Pockets

I have a Liquid Hardware 24oz that is my edc bottle and a 20oz insulated Hydroflask for what have you.

[​IMG]

16. jazzbone1031

jazzbone1031 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Used this image in another thread as well, but my newly acquired Chute! I'm pleased with my choice.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

17. JC807

JC807 Loaded Pockets

I've had this 20oz/592ml KK insulated for awhile but only really started using it this weekend.
    Today I wrapped it in some foliage green paracord and will carry it daily next week.
    I drink water 99.5% of the time but some afternoons I'll buy a 1L iced coffee from a servo. I was either smashing the whole drink or throwing half away after it lost its chill, hopefully this insulated bottle will help out.
    [​IMG]

AK Adventurer and No Agenda like this.
  18. ThirstyTurtle

I really want a 16oz Hydro Flask with the flip top for coffee but I've read lots of reviews that the flip top leaks which nullifies it's usefulness in my opinion.

Anyone have experience with the flip top?

19. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Loaded Pockets

I don't think I'd use the coffee lid for transportation in a pack, but it's fine for carrying around.

I bike or bus to work every day. I transport my coffee with a normal cap, and swap to a coffee lid once I've arrived at work.

20. Nusm

Nusm Loaded Pockets

I have had an 18 oz, 20 oz, & 32 oz Hydro Flask for over a year now, all three with flip tops. I put coffee in them in the mornings, then wash them out at lunch and put ice & water in them for the rest of the day. I put cream & sugar in my cup, pour in the coffee, put the sealed lid on, and shake it to mix everything up in the morning. Same thing with my water at lunch - fill it with ice & water, squirt in flavoring, put the sealed lid on, and shake it to mix. I've never had any problems with leaks on any of my caps except one. I always hand wash my Hydro Flasks and my lids, and I got lazy a few weeks back and put one of the lids in the dishwasher. Something happened to the rubber sealing ring inside of the lid, and it did nothing but leak after that. I trashed it and ordered another one from Amazon, I keep it hand-washed, and it hasn't leaked a drop.

tl:dr - My flip caps are completely water tight, but they need to be hand-washed to remain that way.

AK Adventurer likes this.