1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Pickpocket Question

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by MOD-u-LAR, Feb 27, 2014.

1. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

So I'd like a EDCF Pickpocket from the store but I almost always wear Propper BDU pants(they have lasted me forever so I went crazy and got a lot of them) and I'm afraid that since the pockets are, unlike jean pockets, rather low. Anyone have any experience with the two together. Or knowing the Pickpocket do you think it will work regardless of how low it sits. I'm afraid it will dangle to the bottom and then what good would it be? Thanks for your opinions.

2. Havoc

Havoc Loaded Pockets

The distance from the lip your pocket edge rests in to the bottom most hole for your keychain is 2 1/4 inches while the highest hole is 1 7/16 inches. I guess it depended how long whatever your dangling is. Tie some paracord to whatever your dangling and measure how much length you can spare.

Water-Rat likes this.
  3. cmanley

cmanley Empty Pockets

I had problems with the Pickpocket in work pants. They have a similar cut as BDU pants. The stuff dangling hit the bottom of the pocket.

4. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

You could clip it on the outside of the pocket, if you were so inclined. I sometimes do if I'm in a hurry and know that I'll need access to them again in a moment.

Water-Rat likes this.
  5. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I have a pickpocket and while it hangs fine in jeans, the gecko shark and my car key that I have hanging from the bottom hole will clump at the bottom of my dress pant pocket. It still works well and isn't uncomfortable even with my thin LA wallet riding in the bottom of the same pocket. The pickpocket is a great dangler, but it doesn't clip tightly to the pocket edge. It will slide down if I clip it to the top of my dress pant's pocket. My old $1.50 Home Depot dangler and my Tec P7 dangler clip tight enough to dangle keys from the top of a dress pant pocket, so high they don't even touch the wallet at the bottom. As long as you don't have anything that you don't want your keys scratching at the bottom of your pocket, you should be fine with the Pickpocket. Obviously, the longer and fatter your keychain setup is, the more likely it would bug you. And like SAKplumber said, it does work great outside your pocket, either clipped to the pocket, a thin belt, a holster, or a belt loop although it is a lot noisier that way. When I'm working around the house, I often clip it to the outside of my pants pocket or a coat pocket for easy access.