1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Photography EDC Tools

Discussion in 'Photography EDC' started by Ross2187, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Ross2187

Ross2187 Loaded Pockets

What do ya'll carry in your bag, as far as tools?

I always have a Streamlight Microstream light, a Gerber Clutch mini-multi tool OR SAK Tinker, Peak Design Capture Tool, and one of those awesome grey mini screw driver pens from Home Depot, with flip-able bits on each side.

2. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

I carry a Microstream, Leatherman PS, Rite in the Rain Index Card Wallet, Zebra F-701 pen and 2 sets of foam ear plugs.

3. Ross2187

Ross2187 Loaded Pockets

Very nice! Forgot about the Field Notes, and Fisher Space pen!

Leatherman PS is a great choice!

4. addylo

addylo Loaded Pockets

I don't actually carry these but we recently had our fence replaced. There was some "left-over" slats sitting out in the weather for several months so I salvaged three one-foot sections and kept them as a background. These were actually shot inside my light tent and I think they work rather well.

[​IMG]

MCPOWoller likes this.
  5. FLbeachbum

FLbeachbum Loaded Pockets

Excellent thread idea! Thanks for posting. I hope to see many more responses. What other people carry in their kit always fascinates me.

My camera bag never leaves the house without a SAK, a flashlight, and a lense cleaning kit. That bare minimum grows as my distance from home expands.

The notepad and pen are an excellent idea. I may have to go put one in there while I'm thinking about it.

MCPOWoller likes this.
  6. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Unfortunately my interest in photography has been given a backseat position the last couple of years.
    Still have most of my cameras, but don't take them out much.
    I like to go light and use natural lighting, although I've sometimes wished I had more of the gear and the knowledge to use more artificial lighting.
    Thinking back, it was mostly lenses, batteries, memory cards, backup device, UV filters, tripod(s), remote control (yeah, that was a separate device before wi-fi and apps), strap(s), cables and sometimes chargers if longer trips.
    I was very much into the Peak designs lineup, and basically joined all their kickstarters in the early days. Even considered their new tripod, but no matter how good it is, I don't use my cameras enough to warrant another tripod.
    My photography heyday was well before I got into EDC and I can't really remember carrying anything that wasn't photography related or related to the activity I was shooting.
    What slowly "killed" photography as a main priority for me was the workflow of digital photography. As byThom would regularly rant about in those days, all the innovation from the established companies went into iterative improvements in resolution, DR and ISO performance and absolutely nothing to modernize and improve the workflow. All while steadily losing new customers to innovate mobile companies.

YankeeHotelFoxtrot likes this.