1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

phaserrifle's uni based EDC

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by phaserrifle, Feb 16, 2011.

1. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

here we have my current EDC. it's currently made up of three "levels", the first is the kit I carry on my person, then my "bits bag" which carries a variety of usefull tools and kit, finally my uni bag, with my books laptop ect.
    I've decided to leave out the uni bag, since it's quite boring. all it contains is my laptop, and a folder full of assorted loose paperwork.
    obviously, this is a UK based kit, so firearms and weapons are out, as are fixed and locking blade folding knives.

First level - on body kit
    [​IMG]
    clockwise from top left:
    keys (more detail below)
    change and ID wallet
    main wallet
    4th gen I-pod nano
    nokia 6500 slide with protective phone sock
    headphones on winder
    usb keydrive on neck chain

[​IMG]
    on the keyring we find:
    a monkeys fist, gives me something to grab when it's down the bottom of my pocket.
    a cash stash, soemtimes used for some emergency cash, sometimes a couple of paracetamol
    a spyderco honeybee folding knife.
    keys (2 for the house, 1 for my cash box, 1 for my luggage lock)
    bottle opener.
    mini tesco clubcard
    comedy sperm keyring

[​IMG]
    in the wallets we find:
    main wallet: driving licence, uni bus pass, rail card, emergency phone numbers on a bit of paper, credit card, debit card, various company reward cards, student card, climbing wall membership card, scout promise card and some cash (sometimes)
    and in the ID/change wallet we find: change and university ID cards for the main campus and for the outer campus I mostly attend.
    ordinarily my uni ID lives in a plastic carrier carried on the Keydrive's neck chain. but my last carrier broke, and I have yet to replace it.

second level - "bits bag"
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the bits bag is my second line of equipment.
    the bag itself was made by ripcurl. I picked it up at a shop that do alot of end of line stuff, so I expect they don't make it anymore.
    we then have the organiser pouch, which carries the majority of the small kit.
    alongside that, we have a torch and accessories in thier belt pouch and a bottle of alcohol hand cleaner.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the main organiseation area of the pouch contains:
    a bandanna
    lighter
    disposeable rain poncho
    roll of cord
    screwdriver
    matches in a matchcase made from old shotgun shells
    glowstick
    whistle
    mini deodorant spray
    spare phone, kept charged with a spare simcard.
    in the front pocket of the pouch I have:
    spare AA and AAA batteries, in plastic wrappers.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    the torch kit was purchased from a large camping equipment chain over here. best £3.50 I ever spent!
    along with the torch itself, it also contains a positonable clip, a head strap and a neck lanyard.
    things I need to add:
    I'm reckoning it's worth sticking some kind of basic FAK somewhere in my kit, and I'm going to look at putting that together in the next few weeks.
    I'm also going to add my swiss army knife back into my carry kit, just as soon as I find where I left it.....

2. lchoke

lchoke Empty Pockets

The Sperm key ring is funny man good stuff. May I recommend a spyderco UKPK?

3. Inspector

Inspector Empty Pockets

FdSc Police Studies, what are you hoping to do with that?

4. phaserrifle

on a more serious note, it was handed out to promote safe sex (especially relating to STIs) so it reminds me of that too.
    I've been looking at the UKPK ever since the mk2 came out, but I currently don't have the kind of spare cash to be able to justify something that fills a need I allready have covered. So it's one of those things that are sitting on the back burner.

The police studies course is mainly aimed at people planning on joining the regular police, although it's also usefull for people going into military police and police related careers (eg crime scene investigation, or police support staff)
    I'm aiming to become a civilian police officer, and the course is worth taking since it improves my CV for when they eventually re-open recruiting.

5. Inspector

Inspector Empty Pockets

Thanks for clarifying (I know what the course is, I have helped teach on one before).

NPIA guidance is that people applying to the role of PC should have served in some capacity either as police staff, PCSO or as a Special Constable for a period of time before they're able to apply. Several forces are taking this on board, and it is believed it will be rolled out in E&W by 2012.

But I guess it depends what you want to do with your police career?

6. phaserrifle

I'm applying for the specials down here in cornwall aswell. but I was working on the basis that I would be in a better position to apply after 2 years of a police related course plus specials, rather than 2 years of work plus specials.

as for what I want to do, I've not seen much past becoming a regular constable. although CID is an area I might consider.

7. phaserrifle

put in the missing photos.

8. Foxfire

Foxfire Loaded Pockets

Nice looking Kit.