1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Phase / voltage tester - as small as possible (EDC)

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by FiaOlleDog, Jun 3, 2020.

1. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

I used to carry a phase tester in the form of a screw driver, but consider other ways to test if a wire is "live" (230 Volt, as usual in Europe - but most testers work from 100 to 250 Volt).

What are you using - both as small as possible (screwdriver-type) vs. as safe as possible (contact-less or a multi-tester)?

2. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

So I go through these fairly quickly but these Milwaukee Tickers seem to be just better than the others that I have used.
    The little nose piece which ALWAYS breaks off right away on the Kleins is a lot more resilient on these and there is lasting insulation with these which I have not seen before and I think I have 4 or 5 of them too.

They also have a surprisingly handy flashlight in the end and I am almost embarrassed to admit it as I am Flashlight Obsessed but the one built in is useful really!

These are also not as crazy sensitive as most and do not beep all the time which is not too useful,overall these are the ones that I like the most.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 EZDog, Jun 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    FiaOlleDog and Arick like this.
  3. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

The old liar. Hate em, refuse to carry them, and refuse to use 'em. I've seen just about every brand lie to apprentices over the years. A few of them lit my butt up when I was green. Just carry my fluke multi meter and I know the power is dead.

HeadOffice likes this.
  4. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Cant argue with that really but you also kind of get to know each one if using it enough and they are a lot more useful than no tester too.

I can always have one with me where my Meter or a Wiggy is not that easy to carry all the time but for sure if it is critical I do not rely on these ever.